PLAYER FINDER

By tkis, in Deathwatch

Role: Player

Looking for: GM and Players

Type of Session: Any (prefer face to face)

Session Species: relaxed, fun

Region: New England

Session Time and Timezone: GMT-5:00, evenings

Game Style: any

Game Specifics: flexible

Comments: I'm new to the game so I'm just looking for some people to have some fun, relaxing, simple few games before we get into the intense stuff

ROLE: Player

LOOKING FOR: Group

TYPE OF GAME: Online

SESSION SPECIFICS: Any

REGION: UK/Europe

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: GMT

GAME STYLE: Any

GAME SPECIFICS: Any

COMMENTS: None

ROLE: GM/Player (Preferrably player, but I can work as a GM)

LOOKING FOR: Players

TYPE OF GAME: Face to Face

REGION: Las Vegas, NV, USA

SESSION TIME: Wednesdays or Thursdays at 4:00 PM PST

GAME STYLE: Slightly more focus on combat

ROLE: GM / player

REGION: Aberdeen, Scotland

COMMENTS: Heya, I'm moving to Aberdeen from Finland in September, and would like to get a Deathwatch game going (grim city, need some escapism hahah)! Fairly experienced as a GM, and moderately experienced with Deathwatch. I'm more than happy to run a game with anyone familiar with the 40k universe, no previous RPG-experience necessary.

ROLE: GM

LOOKING FOR: Players

Type of Game: Face to Face (or possibly online)

SESSION SPECIFICS: Standard Role-playing of 5-6 hours per week

REGION: US Western Region

Session Time/ Time Zone: Arizona Time Zone; (identical to Pacific Time at the moment) evenings on Thursday or Friday nights

GAME STYLE: Balanced although heavy Role-playing and on-going character/team development

COMMENTS: Use of standard rules and errata (no game mechanics house rules will be used), new players preferred/ welcomed, mature minded GM, looking for like minded players that place importance on the role-playing of there personas. gran_risa.gif

Role: Player (Front line, Fire Support, Intel/Reconn, Medical Support)

LOOKING FOR: GM & fellow players

NOT LOOKING FOR: Immature Gamers (You all can stay on your own side of the sector!)

Type of Game: Face to Face preferred / and or, online too

Session Needs: Role-playing as times and days that fit the need of the group/guild

Region/Session Time/Time Zone: US Western Region / Central California (Fresno/Clovis area) /

Open to playing times which meet the needs of playing within the group/guild. With allowances of

real-world necessities (ie, Family life, and so forth).

Game Style: Balanced although heavy Role-playing and on-going character/team development.

Looking for a solid gaming GM & Players that take WarHammer 40k in a serious tone and yet,

have time for enjoying the game and comraderie. Not looking for whinners or cry babies

(yes, this includes Rule Lawyers!). Arguments over this or that. GM has the final verdict and that

ends any trivial slow-down of the game!

I want to be certain that if I am chosen or asked to join in a group/guild, I want to fit like a needed

piece of a puzzle! I don't want to waste anyones time and I expect the same in return!

Point of Contact: MSN Messenger/Email> [email protected]

Thank you for your time and consideration!

We need more players like you or I really liked what you posted in terms of the type of gaming you like ( I come from the same cloth).

LOOKING FOR: A group, and a GM of course.

TYPE OF GAME: Preferred face to face [and English], but I could do online.

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice, or IRC

REGION: East Coast, Canada, Montreal. [No car =( Subway!]

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings, East Coast

GAME STYLE: Narrative, heavier on story and character development. Exploration and discovery are a plus.

GAME SPECIFICS: I'd like to play with mature individuals. Folks who can have a good time and crack a few jokes, but this setting is dark and foreboding. I'm kind of looking for a game that really hinges on this. So while the jokes are fun OOC, IC it should be serious. Granted, we've all read many books and are well aware marines have their own sense of humor too =) I hope I make sense. I'm not a "NO FUN ALLOWED" kinda guy, but, marines don't crack jokes about my little ponies either =)

COMMENTS: Looking to really meet people within the Montreal area doing this, but I'm willing to explore online play as well. I just kind of want that ideal gathering around a table to have a good time with people in RL, as well as taking part in telling a good story. I could also very much take part in Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader.

As a player it's important to note that min maxing and maximizing my character is not a thing I do, or can do. It bores me, and kills my desire to play. So if your group is HEAVY on these, it's best NOT to consider me. We'll have problems. =/ I had problems in my last group, because I acted like my character and then got the book slammed in my face stating I'd be more efficient going this way instead. So ya... Keep that in mind. Total turn off.

If it's important to the DM, I really want to play a Dark Angel, or a Space Wolf. Specialty not decided as of yet.

ROLE:Player

LOOKING FOR:GM, Group, Player

TYPE OF GAME:Face to Face

REGION: Randers/Hobro, Denmark

GAME STYLE :Anything

GAME SPECIFICS:Well Space Marines!!!

COMMENTS: Looking for a group or people who want to play Deathwatch. Currently we are 4-5 players some on and off. Ages between 17-38.

Role: Player
Looking For: GM, Group
Type of Game: Online
Session Specifics: Voice chat (Vent/Skype)
Region: USA, EST
Session Time: Weekdays after 9pm EST (except Thursday), Saturday afternoon/evenings
Game Style: Action, narrative, fun (not overly serious)
Game Specifics: 50/50 mix of combat to story. Not interested in gaming with those who have no life in the real world.

Comments: 40k player and currently a very active Pathfinder player. Would love to try out Deathwatch (Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy too) via maptools or other online system.

TYPE OF GAME: Online, face to face

SESSION SPECIFICS: voice based, irc, msn, steam, teamspeak, etc.

REGION: Maryland, US East Coast

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings EST

GAME STYLE: Flexible, prefer both

GAME SPECIFICS: Vanilla deathwatch with some variation

COMMENTS: Never tried a game, very interested, has read the core rulebook.

Role: GM or Player

Looking: Group or GM

Type of Game: Online or Face to Face

Session Specifics: (online) Play by Post

Region: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Time: (FtF) Biweekly on Saturday from 12pm to 4pm or 5pm (PbP) Central Time Zone

Game Style: Dark Heresy would be run grim with noir tone to the story. Rogue Trader will have a more cinematic feel to that feel of daring risk for the big pay off. Deathwatch will be run more as a war story with moral choices popping up here and there(yes I know morals in 40k did you not read the background fluff. answer yes. I just feel there needs to be gravity to choices). As GM I have final say on rules but want to hear from players where they want to go with their characters. No arguing with party or GM

Game Specifics: (FtF) I have the books just some warm bodies, dice, paper, and willingness contribute to the group. (PbP) Players need just the core book. I use a benny system when I gm each player gets one benny(one reroll) and the GM Imperial Favor benny(a automatic success) which is given when half the players give up their bennies to give someone the Imperial Favor. As a player I do more to keep the story going and not hog the spotlight.

Comments: Just PM by adding as friend and I'll get back to you as soon as possible(I check the boards every two to three days.) If I GM the group I'll wait until the group picks which one to play.

TYPE OF GAME: Online or Face-to-face

SESSION SPECIFICS: Text Based or Voice Based

REGION: Western Europe (Lichfield, Staffordshire, England)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings from 7:30 GMT to 11:30 GMT

GAME STYLE: Narrative

GAME SPECIFICS: First time playing a RPG

COMMENTS: Would like to play as a Black Templar Techmarine if possible, otherwise will take any role.

ROLE:

bobh will be the_GM

LOOKING FOR:

Between 2 to 4 Players to fill the role of Watch Station Styx Deathwatch Personnel
These players will fill out a full squad of ten with six already chosen.

TYPE OF GAME:

Play by Forum Post

SESSION SPECIFICS :

Forum Based, will run in a time period before The Charax Crusade PBP game already in progress.

REGION:

N/A, you can be from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and can write and read English

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE:

N/A, anytime, its a PbP

GAME STYLE :

Narrative with Combat (we use an online dice roller http://www.pbegames.com/roller/ )

GAME SPECIFICS:

This will be a Deathwatch Chapter campaign centered on Gades Sector, a home brew area between Kar Duniash, the Eastern Fringe and the Tau Empire/Damoclese Gulf.

• Chapters: Any of the following Chapters: Blood Angel, Space Wolf, Ultramarine, Imperial Fist, Novamarine, White Consul, Black Consul, Genesis Chapter, Flesh Tearer, Lamenters, Blood Drinkers, Knights of Blood (Blackshield Only), Crimson Fist, Hammers of Dorn, Subjugators, Angels of Redemption, Angels of Absolution. Successor Chapter characters may petition for additional abilities to match those of full fledged Chapters on a case by case basis.
  • XP and Specilaties: You start at Rank 1 with 16,000xp (essentially you get to spend 4,000 on the character on characteristic advances, skills and talents appropriate to your Rank (General Space Marine Advances), Deathwatch and Chapter (Chapter Advances by Rank). You may start as a Apothecary, Assault Marine, Devestator, Tactical Marine, Librarian, or Techmarine. Characters of a Successor Chapter may spend xp on their Founding Chapter Advances with permission from the GM. Blackshield Advanced Specialty is available only to astartes of the Knights of Blood Chapter. Deathwatch Champion, Dreadnaught, Epistolary, Force Master, Watch Captain, 1st Co. Veteran, Kill-Marine and Chaplain are not available to starting characters.
  • Elite Advances: You may take ONE Elite Advance per Rank. If you choose to spend some of the 3,000 xp on an EA at Rank 1 you may not take another EA until Rank 2 and so on. Chapter Advances are NOT available for Elite Advances. Specialty Advances outside your Specialty are available as Elite Advances with permission from the GM. Swift attack and Lightning Attack are never available as Elite Advances.
  • Characteristics: You may either roll characteristics or choose 50s in all characteristics and a flat 2 Fate Points. You may spend up to 500 free xp on Chapter Deeds and/or Deeds of Disdain that fit your character origin, Unspent XP are lost. You may spend up to 500 free xp on Specialty Deeds that fit your character origin, Unspent XP are lost. Starting Renown is 18.

COMMENTS:

The Campaign is set to run alongside, but starting 45 years before working its way up to the time period of, The Charax CrusadeRogue Trader campaign that is underway in Gades Sector. The Deathwatch Marines will comprise a new cell of anti-Xenos firepower gathered by Helican House, the local Inquisitorial Fortress, for use in a forseen campaign of war and xenos terror that will engluf Gades in several decades.

Official Kickoff of the Campaign will be 31 October 111.M2

Already Signed Up:

• Brother Praetus, Imperial Fist Librarian
  • Brother Ari Blackheart, Space Wolves Assault Marine
  • Brother Bonificius Sixtus Elegius, White Consul Apothecary
  • Brother Leonatos, Blood Angels Tech marine
  • Brother Skipio, Ultramarines Tactical Marine
  • Brother Nicodemus, Angels of Redemption Devestator

ROLE: GM

LOOKING FOR: Players (already have 1, need at least 3 more)

SESSION SPECIFICS: None I can think of.

REGION: Eastern US; Knoxville, Tennesse. Already have several neutral locations willing and offering to host our games.

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Tuesdays, probably for 5 hours between noon and 6-8 PM. However, it is open to comprimise.

GAME STYLE: Combat Heavy, but also extremely story and character driven, as well as having fair amounts of exploration. Branching mission structure, the characters will choose which missions they undertake each session. What missions they take and what the results of those missions will effect future missions.

GAME SPECIFICS: Deathwatch Space Marines, but with the possibility of an ascenion character thrown in (group descion).

STORY: The might of Hive Fleet Dagon has crippled the stability of the Jericho Reach and has already ravaged numerous worlds. Now the full might of the Hive Fleet has come down upon the small Agri-World of Norclean. The deathwatch and the crusade have had enough, and dispatched in full to respond to this threat. Little do they know the seemingly innocent agricultural planet holds a dark secreat, and that the fate of this world is connected to the future of the entire Imperium.

COMMENTS: Already have a dark angels devestator marine. I would perfer no immature roleplayers, attention hogs, or the like. As we are playing in public locations, we would perfer no excessive screaming and profanity. We understand the pressures and time constraints of real life, and are understanding to its demands on avalibility.

LOOKING FOR: GM, Group, Players
SESSION SPECIFICS: Table top
REGION: Australia, Melbourne, North West
SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: week days evenings 6 PM +
GAME STYLE: Narrative, Role play heavy
GAME SPECIFICS: Minimal Ultra Marines
COMMENTS: I have plenty of 40K back ground

ROLE: 85% Player, 10% GM, 5% Trace elements

LOOKING FOR: a rocking awesome GM, an equally awesome Group

SESSION SPECIFICS: Looking for a weekly, table top. Need a place to host. Have

REGION: USA, Pacific Northwest, Seattle and surrounding areas

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Pacific time. Best times are Friday, Sat and Sun. Prefer to run longer session of 6+ hours. Can't run late on Sundays.

GAME STYLE: Though Deathwatch lends itself to loads of combat, I'd prefer the focus on group dynamics, problem solving, actual role playing

GAME SPECIFICS: I have the main DW book but then again anyone that wants to play the game should. I am interested in getting more of the expansions to fill out the game once we get rolling.

COMMENTS:

I'm pretty new to town and have not established a gaming group. I am looking to get into a regular game with like minded, mature, and diligent gamers. I am 30 and would like gamers of similar maturity though not necessarily of the same age. I am an experienced role player though not super-sharp with knowing all the rules of gaming systems. I tend to be more excited about story than the minutiae of which feat I am going to pick next level.

I am particularly interested in getting players that are already familiar with the fluff of Warhammer 40k and are enthusiastic about playing a Deathwatch RPG. I have the main book and a few PDFs (shh, don't tell anyone). I have two other gamers interested but they are only 50% reliable.

The idea gamer would play 40k or at the very least know the basics of the universe, have read some Black Library books and be willing to pick up the main book for home reference. You'd need to be sharp, reliable, funny, serious, diligent, and enthusiastic. If you are into painting and modeling some minis to go with the game, that is great but not required.

Any time Friday, Saturday and Sunday are best for game nights for me. I prefer long sessions of 6 hours or so. I do not have a place that I can host a game, so if you have a living room that long to hear the sound of tumbling dice, all the better. I am a good second in command but not the best GM. I can run a module but kinda fall flat at longer campaigns.

My vision for this group would be 3-5 gamers each with a roster of characters to play. There would be a main GM responsible for being the overall architect with each player having the option to run short missions on their own. I would love for there to be a table top aspect to the game but that may be pie in the sky.

In short, all I have are dice, a few books and loads of enthusiasm but am dedicated to seeing this game to fruition. If you are into 40k and genetically engineered, super human killing machines, you're my kind of gamer.

LOOKING FOR: A group.

TYPE OF GAME: Online. I don't think anyone from my region visits this forum.

SESSION SPECIFICS: I'm open.

REGION: Europe, GMT+1

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings on Monday, Thursday, or Saturday.

GAME STYLE: I'm open to lots of different things.

COMMENTS: I guess the big drag to including me in a group would be that this will be my first tabletop RPG session ever. Yes, ever.

ROLE: Preferred Player; can GM

LOOKING FOR: A group.

TYPE OF GAME: Face to Face Preferred

REGION: College Park, MD, GMT -5

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Sundays would be my preferred time slot. But Flexible.

COMMENTS: I am an experienced RPGer, been playing for 13 years. I also like campaigns and am usually very vested in my characters. I rarely go for efficient machine and go for character archetypes.

In my fading hope that I can find an online game I have decided to post here, If you would have me please speak up.

LOOKING FOR: Group (or group in potentia)

TYPE OF GAME: Online.

SESSION SPECIFICS: Chat, forum, or voice/video chat based (skype or other free program)

REGION: US East Coast (GMT -5:00)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Weekends or specific weekday afternoons (again,GMT -5:00), I have no trouble being up until 1:00 am on the weekends, but 10:00 pm is lights-out on weekdays.

GAME STYLE: Whatever happens to be going on, but narrative based.

COMMENTS: I am new to the RPG, but not play by post roleplaying. I have a Storm Warden Devastator ready to go, but I have no qualms about making another if you like. One last note, I am still in highschool, so I might have a particularly tough homework load or required activity that could prevent me from making certain weekday times. You can reach me nearly 24/7 at: [email protected]

TYPE OF GAME: Online or Face to Face

SESSION SPECIFICS: N/A

REGION: Los Angeles, CA

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: PST

GAME STYLE: I can play combat heavy (been doing so for years), but I would like a more narrative style just to break up the action

GAME SPECIFICS: As long as it's Deathwatch, I'm happy

COMMENTS: I only have the core book. Been playing pen and paper rpg since 2004 with D&D 3.0/3.5, been a DM the whole time. I would like to play Deathwatch as a player as to better understand the rules for when I do run this game for my current group. I've also GMed Changeling, D&D 4e/Essentials, Shadowrun and Mechwarrior. I also play 40k as well (Necrons,and CSM) incase we want to use them for battles.

LOOKING FOR: join a deathwatch group

TYPE OF GAME: face To face or forum based

REGION: England (surrey)
SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: week day evenings GMT 18.00-22.00

GAME STYLE:
Narrative focus with combat action!

GAME SPECIFICS:Prefere Deathwatch. Deep RP focus of characters story and descriptions of actions. i Play by rules as everyone asks but enjoy a bit of narrative expansion

@Bobh- cant PM for some reason, has your campaign started on time? Even if it has already started if you have not got your full 10 would love to join. Please let me know.

TYPE OF GAME: Face-to-face
SESSION SPECIFICS:
REGION: London
SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: No preferences
GAME STYLE: Narrative with some action
COMMENTS: Just moved to London and I'm fluent in english but never actually played an rpg in english.

TYPE OF GAME: Face-to-face or Forum Base
SESSION SPECIFICS:
REGION: Köln, Germany
SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE:weekend afternoon
GAME STYLE: Narrative with some action
COMMENTS: absolut beginner with DEATHWATCH not new to RPG and WH 40k fluff.

Type: Player (could GM in a pinch, if usual GM wanted to play)

Looking for: Group/GM, Have high level 2 character, would join an already going game.

Type of game: online

Session specifics: play by post

Region: Midwest, USA. But anything works

Session time: Evenings

Game Style: Whatever

Game Specifics: Would play Blood Angels Librarian OR have a Level 2 Tactical if someone is looking for a scab.

Comments: Have read/own almost all RPG books from 40k, Deep 40k Knowledge. Would need a flexible schedule.