PLAYER FINDER

By tkis, in Deathwatch

ROLE: Player

LOOKING FOR: Group

TYPE OF GAME: Online

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice based / Virtual Tabletop

REGION: Australia (Victoria)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: GMT +10, only not free late tuesday, wednesday and saturday nights.

GAME STYLE: Will roleplay the hell out of my character, not afraid of combat

GAME SPECIFICS: I have a Tactical Marine I have pre-rolled but I'd really love to play a librarian

COMMENTS: Inexperienced with any RPGs so may make the odd mistake. Would prefer a skype game, really don't like the idea of PbP.

Edited by Cpt Reaper0232

Wanted to mention that for play by post needs regarding any genre of Warhammer 40k there is an online community named Myth Weavers. Visit the site and join us for all online warhammer 40k games. These games are extensive and worth your time.

ROLE: 85% Player, 10% GM, 5% Trace elements

LOOKING FOR: a rocking awesome GM, an equally awesome Group

TYPE OF GAME: Face to Face (but will do internet games over skype or other)

SESSION SPECIFICS: Looking for a weekly, table top. Can host in Oswego, NY but can travel to Syracuse.

REGION: Syracuse, Central New York, USA

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Eastern time zone, Sat Suna dn Tues

GAME STYLE: Though Deathwatch lends itself to loads of combat, I'd prefer the focus on group dynamics, problem solving, investigating and actual role playing including investigating.

GAME SPECIFICS: I have the main DW book but then again anyone that wants to play the game should. I am interested in getting more of the expansions to fill out the game once we get rolling.

COMMENTS:

I'm pretty new to town and have not established a gaming group. I am looking to get into a regular game with like minded, mature, and diligent gamers. I am 33 and would like gamers of similar maturity though not necessarily of the same age. I am an experienced role player though not super-sharp with knowing all the rules of gaming systems. I tend to be more excited about story than the minutiae of which feat I am going to pick next level.

I am particularly interested in getting players that are already familiar with the fluff of Warhammer 40k and are enthusiastic about playing a Deathwatch RPG. I have the main book and a few PDFs (shh, don't tell anyone).

The idea gamer would play 40k or at the very least know the basics of the universe, have read some Black Library books and be willing to pick up the main book for home reference. You'd need to be sharp, reliable, funny, serious, diligent, and enthusiastic. If you are into painting and modeling some minis to go with the game, that is great but not required.

Any time Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday are best for game nights for me. I prefer long sessions of 6 hours or so. I have a place that I can host a game, but it is in the sticks. I am a good second in command but not the best GM. I can run a module but kinda fall flat at longer campaigns.

My vision for this group would be 3-5 gamers each with a roster of characters to play. There would be a main GM responsible for being the overall architect with each player having the option to run short missions on their own. I would love for there to be a table top aspect to the game but that may be pie in the sky.

In short, all I have are dice, a few books and loads of enthusiasm but am dedicated to seeing this game to fruition. If you are into 40k and genetically engineered, super human killing machines, you're my kind of gamer.

Best to respond via email at [email protected]

Edited by vurumai

TYPE OF GAME: Face-2-Face / Online

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice based

REGION: South Australia (Adelaide)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings/Weekends preferred

GAME STYLE: I like to Roleplay but also like combat

GAME SPECIFICS: I just want to play

COMMENTS: Love the lore, never get to play as much as I would like, happy to try this over-the-interweb version.

TYPE OF GAME: Online,Face to face

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice based prefered but would do text

REGION: US Central is where i am located

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Open At the moment

GAME STYLE: Willing for most

GAME SPECIFICS: Deathwatch

COMMENTS: New to 40k I love the lore and universe it is in. And have played DnD for years before this.

Role: Player

Looking For: Group

Type of Game: Online or F2F

Session Specific: Chilled

Region: Near Belfast - Northern Ireland

Session Time and Timezone: GMT between 6pm to 3am

Game Style: Good Rp/Combat mix

Game Specifics: 40k based Rpg

Comments: Fairly new, have done afew mission here and there that always went inactive. High knowledge of 40k (mostly centered around first founding legions/chapters and Horus Heresy era and current imperium fluff.)

Edited by Original Sinner

Role: Player

Looking for: Group

Type of Game: Online or in person (if possible)

Region: Eastern United States

Time and Timezone: EST: 5PM to 2AM (lateness depends on if weekday or weekend)

Game Style: Mix between Roleplay and Combat

Game Preferred: Deathwatch but would play any of the other 4.

Comments: Played and/or GMed every 40KRP game except OW.

[found a group]

Edited by Snerded

TYPE OF GAME: Online (Deathwatch)

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice Based, Weekly

REGION: Australia primarily though North America and Europe are not out of the question

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday GMT+10/11

GAME STYLE: Varied, Mix of both.

GAME SPECIFICS: Not Applicable.

COMMENTS: I am Australian but my hours are odd if you have a spare spot feel free to PM me and I will see if I can make the time. Also please be aware that my Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday is actually American/Europe Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed (Usually) when checking to see if game time will work for me.

EMAIL: [email protected]

Edited by JamesNighthawk

LOOKING FOR: Group (Deathwatch)
SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice-Based and/or Roll20 preferred
REGION: US Midwest (Chicago)
SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: US Central Time (GMT -6), Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri 6pm-12am, Sat 12pm-12am
GAME STYLE: Any
GAME SPECIFICS: Any
COMMENTS: This will be my first time playing a game of Deathwatch, though I have played several D&D 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 games in the past and am very familiar with WH40K lore. I'm flexible and don't mind adopting house rules, though the less there are the more smoothly I'll be able to transition in. I have two characters ready, one made straight from the Core Rulebook and one with a custom chapter as outlined by Rites of Battle. My best contacts are by email and Skype, which are listed below. (Please cite this post if adding me on Skype!)

Edited by Zaukodar

<Scrap this - Change of plans>

Edited by Calgor Grim

ROLE: GM
LOOKING FOR: Players, one or two, once a friend gets back to me; 5 to 6 hour game.
TYPE OF GAME: Online, please see specifics below
SESSION SPECIFICS: Likely Skype, there may be mIRC or something for dice rolls in a chat room, unsure there. Roll20 will likely be used, as apparently this will greatly aid the game overall.
REGION: Online; GM located on US West Coast
SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: 6 am PDT; 9 am EDT, etc.
GAME STYLE: Epicwatch (Everything is important, overlooking details won't hurt, it just will not help as much.)
GAME SPECIFICS: Character growth narrative
COMMENTS: Only War based system, Deathwatch Second Edition based rules (thread in house rules, will be updated shortly.)

CONTACT INFO: Email: [email protected], ryan.riegel01 on Skype; here, in this thread; please post a reply with your player info per thread format and include any and all relevant info you feel is needed.

Additionally: (Only War / Dark Heresy 2nd Edition based Deathwatch conversion rules in use; mostly Only War rules basis, Black Crusade Astartes Race with some slight adjustments for Deathwatch and Chapter History Forbidden Lore specialties)

Aptitudes (All Astartes):

Weapon Skill
Ballistic Skill
Offense
Defense
Toughness

Chapter (pick 2)

Iron Hands: Technology, Knowledge, OR Intelligence

Raven Guard: Agility, Finesse, OR Strength

Space Wolves: Agility, Finesse, OR Fieldcraft

(All Chapters available! These are just the ones available right now!)

Specialty (pick 2)

Apothecary = Intelligence, Fieldcraft OR Knowledge
Assault = Agility, Strength OR Finesse
Devastator = Strength, Intelligence OR Fieldcraft
Librarian = Willpower OR Knowledge (gets Psyker for free)
Tactical = Leadership, Agility OR Fieldcraft
Techmarine = Intelligence OR Knowledge (gets Tech for free)

(Revised, may undergo further revisions)

(Only War has a PDF of a revisable Character Sheet online; searching for it will likely aid you greatly, and I need to find it myself XP)

One Aptitude Player's choice

For +5 purposes for XP spent:
One +5 of player choice to place
Two +5's for Chapter benefits (already mentioned in DW 1E book)
Further +5's will be earned every 5,000 XP.

13,000 XP spent on advances.

2,000 XP to spend, per OW XP costs and Aptitude Charts comparisons.

Free Stuff! (Part of the 13,000 XP considered Spent at Character Generation)
barter, carouse, charm, climb, command, common lore (astartes, imperium), concealment, contortionist, deceive, disguise, evaluate, forbidden lore (xenos), gamble, inquiry, intimidate, literacy, logic, sholastic lore (astartes), scrutiny, search, silent move, swim, tactics (pick 1), tracking;

Black Crusade Astartes (with some changes in lores to Deathwatch, Chapter Lore, as needed)

Black Crusade info:

Skills: Athletics, Awareness, Common Lore (War), Dodge, Forbidden Lore (Pick One, Chapter Lore, Deathwatch), Linguistics (Low Gothic), Navigate (Surface), Operate (Surface), Parry

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Astartes Weapon Training (Use DW Rules), Heightened Senes (Sight, Hearing), Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons), Unarmed Warrior

Traits: Amphibious, Unnatural Strength x 2, Unnatural Toughness x 2

Again, 2,000 XP to spend based on the above and OW rules set. Librarian powers from DW cost exactly 50% listed cost from that power's entry in the DW series of books.

Edit:

For transparency, the Specialties are in revision and the Chapter Aptitudes may become two individual one OR another choices.

Any overlap of Aptitudes frees the player to make another choice per case of overlap; Agility twice means Agiltiy, one choice of player's Aptitude.

This process I hope to have revised as soon as possible.

This is the current appearance of the Specialty / Squad Role updated table:

Chapter (pick 2)

Iron Hands: Technology, Knowledge, OR Intelligence

Raven Guard: Agility, Finesse, OR Strength

Space Wolves: Agility, Finesse, OR Fieldcraft

Specialty (pick 2)

Apothecary = Intelligence, Fieldcraft OR Knowledge
Assault = Agility, Strength OR Finesse
Devastator = Strength, Intelligence OR Fieldcraft
Librarian = Willpower OR Knowledge (gets Psyker for free)
Tactical = Leadership, Agility OR Fieldcraft
Techmarine = Intelligence OR Knowledge (gets Tech for free)

http://www.daemonstorm.com/article/2013/04/14/only-war-character-sheets

Edit Again: Updated with what should be full info.

Edited by Karack Blackstone

Role: GM

Looking for: Group

Type of Game: In person (is prefered), Online/skype

Region: Amsterdam

Time and Timezone:GMT+1; perfer weekends so fairly flexible time slots (maybe once every two weeks); if in person weekdays are also possible

Game Style: Mix between Roleplay and Combat

Game Preferred: Deathwatch/Rogue but would play any of the other 40k RPGs.

Message me if interested!

ROLE: GM or player

LOOKING FOR: players or group

TYPE OF GAME: Online (Skype, Definitely no play-by-post), optional: face-to-face (Utrecht, the Netherlands/Europe)

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice based or with digital additions like: Maptools

REGION: Western Europe, GMT+2 but flexible for other European time-zones. - English language

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Western Europe: GMT+2
Workdays mostly; Currently in a long distance relationship. Having to plan both my spare time activities and social obligations and still be an effective partner.... one has to make sacrifices. ;) It's temporary though.

Starting time availability: Late afternoon - early evenings

Flexible about playing time as I am a night person. (Generally everyone else gets tired before I do.) :D

GAME STYLE: Well-balanced, heavy role-play or even combat orientated.

GAME SPECIFICS: Deathwatch, chapter specific or even bending the rules a little bit as a GM. (Where it tends to be necessary to create well-rounded and interesting characters)

COMMENTS: As a GM I enjoy the aspect of creation often being open for little tweaks for the characters. Generally being open-minded and open for cinematic game play. This also tends to somewhat show itself as a player, being rather creative in my problem solving. If you're stuck up on rules. Or find the need to argue about them; I am not your man.

Edited by Chasme

TYPE OF GAME: Online, optional: face-to-face (Utrecht, the Netherlands/Europe)

REGION: Western Europe, GMT+2 but flexible for other European time-zones. - English language

Workdays mostly; Currently in a long distance relationship. Having to plan both my spare time activities and social obligations and still be an effective partner.... one has to make sacrifices. ;) It's temporary though.

Flexible about playing time as I am a night person. (Generally everyone else gets tired before I do.) :D

GAME SPECIFICS: Deathwatch, chapter specific or even bending the rules a little bit as a GM. (Where it tends to be necessary to create well-rounded and interesting characters)

COMMENTS: As a GM I enjoy the aspect of creation often being open for little tweaks for the characters. Generally being open-minded and open for cinematic game play. This also tends to somewhat show itself as a player, being rather creative in my problem solving. If your stuck up on rules. Or find the need to argue about them; I am not your man.

I would recommend roll20.net if you're looking for online games. If you want pbp(play-by-post), you'll have to look around the web.

COMMENTS: As a GM I enjoy the aspect of creation often being open for little tweaks for the characters. Generally being open-minded and open for cinematic game play. This also tends to somewhat show itself as a player, being rather creative in my problem solving. If your stuck up on rules. Or find the need to argue about them; I am not your man.

I would recommend roll20.net if you're looking for online games. If you want pbp(play-by-post), you'll have to look around the web.

Does that include Skype-based roleplay? Since I am really not into play-by-post. :S Thanks for the info though.

Does that include Skype-based roleplay? Since I am really not into play-by-post. :S Thanks for the info though.

It has a built in vid & mic set-up but you can use skype with it. You'll just have to remember to deactivate the vid & mic on roll.net. Np.

Ok so updated slightly.

SEEKING: Group, redemption, salvation and damnation.

SPECIFICS: Can use Skype, Hangouts, Roll20 etc

REGION: UK, GMT

SESSION TIME: Some weekday evenings 19:00 - 00:00 or Weekend

STYLE: Any

SPECIFICS: Any

COMMENTS: I tend to be slightly off with some of the rules and prefer to base much of my plans and actions on either fluff or just "what seems like it will make sense".

ROLE: GM

LOOKING FOR: Players

TYPE OF GAME: Face to Face, I can host

REGION: Dallas Fort Worth ( south fort worth)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE:

GAME STYLE: Combat heavy, Plot twists ( still working on my NPC game lol )

GAME SPECIFICS: Death Watch only

COMMENTS. Looking for players in the DFW area who want to meet up about once or twice a month to play.

I have GMed before for two different groups. just moved here in November so looking to start a new group. looking for new and old players alike.

If you are interested just message me.

Role: GM (post for another person); he isn’t on the forums so he asked me to post for him

Looking for: Players

Type of Game: Online (Skype and Roll20)

Session Frequency/Start Time and Length: Weekly. Sundays starting at 9am Eastern Standard (USA) for about 5-6 hours

Game Style: He plans on running squad focused, true-to-lore Deathwatch game where the action and events are player driven. Your choices and actions determine not only the outcome of the missions but how the NPCs treat and deal with you. He prefers people with a working understanding of 40k lore/knowledge who also familiar with the Deathwatch rules for combat, squad/solo mod, errata stats (etc.). Character creation has been modified to customize an individual Marine – so you can have an assault marine who is great at shooting or a devastator who gets up close and personal. But it also focuses on RP rather than power gaming.

Contact: As I am helping my friend organize, you should message me here on the forum OR email me at [email protected] if you’re interested in joining.

SESSION SPECIFICS: Can use roll20, skype, etc.

REGION: US, Arizona

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings after 5pm MST, or weekends

GAME STYLE: Would like to find a balance of narrative and combat

GAME SPECIFICS: No Preference.

COMMENTS: I'm a new player, I've read about the Deathwatch system but never actually played it. Long time 40k player though, I thought it might be fun to try out the universe from a different perspective.

ROLE: Game Master

TYPE OF GAME: Face to face

SESSION SPECIFICS: Classic table top pen&paper RPG Session: dice, character sheets, books, miniatures, pizza & soft drinks optional. Sessions to be held twice monthly at local gaming store.

REGION: US, California (Los Angeles)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings after 6pm PST, or weekends

GAME STYLE: Quality. As in a Quality production worthy of the Emperor's Finest. Narrative style game with a balance between combat, action, problem solving. Massive battle with Planet Saving or Exterminatus hanging in the Balance. We'll use miniatures where available as scenic props (tho not necessary). I think it's more fun to explore as many of the game options as possible, so don't plan on being stuck in low rank for long.

GAME SPECIFICS: Tempting as Dark Heresy 2nd ed may be this game will be dedicated to Deathwatch. If & when DW 2nd end is released we'll make the jump. No need to wait. There's plenty of great content waiting to be explored. We'll advance through a few of the more basic missions before adventuring into the "Ark of Lost Souls"! Good times.

COMMENTS: Hope to see some revitalized interest in Deathwatch following GW's new DW Overkill release. Come up with a character concept, grab some dice & roll-up a Space Marine from your favorite chapter. For the Emperor! Send a PM if you're interested.

LOOKING FOR: GM/group

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice / virtual table

REGION: (e.g. Western Europe, Australia, US East Coast)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings EST

GAME STYLE: Narrative

GAME SPECIFICS: Keep ot as close to canon as possible

COMMENTS: Reach me at [email protected], as i check it far more than here.

ROLE: Player, GM

LOOKING FOR: GM/group

TYPE OF GAME: FACE TO FACE

SESSION SPECIFICS: Table

REGION: Southern, CA Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings, Weekends

GAME STYLE: Narrative

GAME SPECIFICS: None

COMMENTS: Reach me at [email protected]

A buddy and I are thinking about starting a group for a Deathwatch campaign. The group will most likely be locals, but if you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.

Role: GM. New to Deathwatch, but experienced with Dark Heresy and Gm-ing

Looking for: Players. I think we have two or three, but the more the merrier

Type of game: face to face

Session specifics: we would be meeting at a comic shop where one of our players works.

Region: We are in Burbank, CA.

Session time and time zone: we'd be playing weekends, twice a month if we can manage it.

Game style: I'm shooting for a balance between narrative and combat. If you can forgive the clumsy analogy, think of HBO's Band of Brothers. Ie: the narrative is a look at the interplay between the space marines and their divided loyalties between their chapters, the deathwatch, and the squad.

Game specifics: the players we have now are all 40k players and pretty well versed in the lore. I like to joke that I know just enough about the lore to embarrass myself, hah.

Comments: if you're interested, email me at [email protected]