New Republic Party Game

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

All PMs should be out now. Please let me know if anyone didn't get one or if you have trouble reading the message. And sorry again about the delay!

Cool cool.

Allegiance confirmed.

Allegiance confirmed.

allegiance confirmed

Allegiance confirmed.

Allegiance confirmed

Allegiance confirmed

Allegiance confirmed

Allegiance confirmed

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Allegiance confirmed

i feel inferior now...

11 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

i feel inferior now...

hqdefault.jpg

Ok - waiting on two to confirm, but we are in the conversation phase. Chat away!

In about 24 hours we’ll start the debate phase.

Personally, I’m pro a system that moves authority away from Coruscant and back to the individual star systems.

2 hours ago, LTD said:

Personally, I’m pro a system that moves authority away from Coruscant and back to the individual star systems.

What! And undo millenia of galactic progress?!

Heresy!

Having a Senate is perfect! It's the only system we can find that allows us to pretend to be one but remain many! What are you thinking of, independant system-states?

We must give power to the people and let them have the authority over themselves rather than allowing someone across the galaxy who has never stepped foot in the system govern!

1 hour ago, idjmv said:

We must give power to the people and let them have the authority over themselves rather than allowing someone across the galaxy who has never stepped foot in the system govern!

A valid point, but not relevant in the context of the NR Senate.

14 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Allegiance confirmed

Compensating much?

I for one must come to the conclusion that the management of wealth under the current system is atrocious and we should move towards a system more keen in financial stability!

7 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

What! And undo millenia of galactic progress?!

Heresy!

Having a Senate is perfect! It's the only system we can find that allows us to pretend to be one but remain many! What are you thinking of, independant system-states?

Too much power in too few hands led directly to the rise of Palpatine!

We must have strong regional governments that can restrict central control!

Ok - so that was the chat phase. Enlightening stuff!

On to debates.

Tag another player and choose "red" or "white". Once we are all paired up, I'll roll a d6 and declare the result.

As a look ahead to the second round of debates, we will have five players, and only four can debate - so I will roll a d6 and randomly determine which of the 5 players gets to sit out of the second round and go straight to the election. Make sense?

Onwards!

@LTD - red.

4 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

You're going down!

6 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

You're going down!

Prepare to be DESTROYED with FACTS and LOGIC!

@idjmv - white