New Republic Party Game

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Vote @GhostofNobodyInParticular and keep Saturdays alive

Vote @GhostofNobodyInParticular

The 7-day weekend is under attack. They're trying to take our Saturdays away!

I'm voting Gnips

Just under an hour left to vote.

@clontroper5 - you are last to vote.

GNIP (3) - Cninj, Jabba, idjmv

LTD (1) - Bertie

RedDogReb (2) - Forty, Mads

Time for voting has expired.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular is elected General Secretary for the Second Time, much to my chagrin!

Please contact @Caldias with faction, etc.

We will return to phase one, conversation...

Blah blah blah.

As the twice-elected representative of this Party, I am pleased to announce on this most glorious of Saturdays, that the revolution is now over. Under the guidance of the Spades, we will end DST, introduce a universal outlet system, and anything else that we feel like.

Long live the Party!

The Spades win, the score is 3 Spades to 2 Clubs. No Hearts or Diamonds got elected.

Hurray! I was a Spade but had no idea who was in my party.

6 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Hurray! I was a Spade but had no idea who was in my party.

We were trying to figure you out. Other known Spades were LTD, Jabba, and IDjMV.

I was the King of Spades--maybe that's why I was never up for election.

I only revealed non-Spade cards to others. I gave out very little information and didn't get much in return either.

On 21/01/2021 at 3:55 PM, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I have already made every day Saturday, as promised.

If I am reelected, I promise to finally realize @The Jabbawookie 's plan for a universal standard outlet system - my adapter is almost as large as my charger at this point, and that has got to change!

Yes. Threepin

4 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Yes. Threepin

Nah. 2, European Standard everywhere but the UK.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I was the King of Spades--maybe that's why I was never up for election.

I only revealed non-Spade cards to others. I gave out very little information and didn't get much in return either.

I was a Club. The only other one I found was RedDog

7 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

I was a Club. The only other one I found was RedDog

Mad was also a Club.

Thanks all for participating.

As it turns out that there were five clubs, this was probably a bit unfair. But that's the way the cards were dealt, so yay randomness!

I would appreciate any feedback - this game is not designed for online use, but mainly as a "party" game for a large group with an hour or two to kill. Do you think it would work better in a social setting in person? Are there obvious problems that need to be rectified?

5 hours ago, LTD said:

Thanks all for participating.

As it turns out that there were five clubs, this was probably a bit unfair. But that's the way the cards were dealt, so yay randomness!

I would appreciate any feedback - this game is not designed for online use, but mainly as a "party" game for a large group with an hour or two to kill. Do you think it would work better in a social setting in person? Are there obvious problems that need to be rectified?

I thought it was fun and would be a blast for a group of friends who know each other. Especially if they were strongly encouraged to give actual speeches, or perhaps had to role play a famous revolutionary from history. If you go down this route I'd suggest a brief one-pager on each. I based my "speech" off of one Karl Marx gave..

It's a clever idea and I like it a lot.

The bit I was unclear on was the red vs white part. I almost wonder if you shouldn't have a little more control here so it's not quite so random. Perhaps in person this would occur naturally...

Either way I'd totally play this at a game night.

Thanks Forty.

The red/white thing would be more organic if it weren’t on a forum - I think. I might have people put one or two fingers behind their back and have the opponent guess. Something like that.

I agree with Forty, it would be a great party game from a social perspective. Thanks for setting it up!

It would also be nice to remove some of the randomness from the debates; maybe make players vote in all elections to make it strategic? Even Rock Paper Scissors is nice because it offers some degree of choice.

From a mechanical perspective, this is ideal because it allows for private conversations and some other fun shenanigans (I had a sock puppet New Republic bureaucrat account being verified to present a “corrected” one-candidate ballot with my face photoshopped onto your profiles, and you can’t do stuff like that in person.)

Edited by The Jabbawookie

I was a minimal participant, but I wonder if there is a better way to ensure that there's a more evenly distributed number of party members? Not sure what that would look like, but you could end up potentially with way more of X than Y with the cards the way they work. Could be working as intended, though.