New Republic Party Game

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

The Emperor is dead, and the New Republic is victorious! Of course, now we need to make sure the New Republic is the right kind of New, and the best kind of Republic.

New Republic Party game is a Forum Game of politics, debate, and deception, for 7 or more players.

The rules are based on "The Party Game" and can be found HERE.

The Four Factions are:

Mon Mothmaites (Spades)

Ackbarii (Diamonds)

Bel Iblism (Clubs)

Organans (Hearts)

To play the game via forum there will be some modifications to the rules. There will be a non-player GM who will send deal the cards and send each player their information. The Conversation Phase will be ongoing - players can always PM each other. In the debate phase, any active player can tag another player and choose "red" or "white." The tagged player cannot tag another player. Once the pairings are complete, the GM will roll a d6 - odds means "red" wins, evens means "white" wins. Players will then PM each other their card information. Surviving players will then tag another surviving player until three or fewer players remain. Players will vote using ##vote "player name" to choose the General Secretary, who will then PM the GM to indicate which mark they wish to make for their faction.

I am seeking interested parties and players. If there are any questions about the rules, please ask.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular @Bertie Wooster @The Jabbawookie @Drasnighta @EbonHawk @PodRacer @BiggsIRL @Matt3412 @Matt Antilles @FortyInRed (please tag others who might be interested)

I am interested.

Im intereasted

I'm interested, but I don't understand the rules yet.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

More players required. Please ping some people to let them know you care...

@Madaghmire @Caldias Interested in a non-Mafia game of persuasion and deception?

27 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@Madaghmire @Caldias Interested in a non-Mafia game of persuasion and deception?

@BrobaFett and @Truthiness may also be interested.

I do not play even semi-competitive games with people here, who are my friends, as I generally have a desire to keep them as friends.

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I do not play even semi-competitive games with people here, who are my friends, as I generally have a desire to keep them as friends.

Yes - but I could use your help as a non player GM so I can play...

Sure I'll give it a go

10 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

What's the point of friends if you can't crush their hopes and dreams in online forum games?

18 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

What's the point of friends if you can't crush their hopes and dreams in online forum games?

I’ll tell you when I am capable of being a decent friend.

Ok, we have four players (or five, if I can get someone else to do some setup random stuff at the start).

I'd like at least seven. This is an experimental game - it will be interesting to see if it works.

@The Jabbawookie - you served my Father in the clone wars etc...

I might be convinced but I am out of the habit of checking the forums, so there is reasonable chance I just fall off the face of the earth halfway through haha.

22 hours ago, LTD said:

Ok, we have four players (or five, if I can get someone else to do some setup random stuff at the start).

I'd like at least seven. This is an experimental game - it will be interesting to see if it works.

@The Jabbawookie - you served my Father in the clone wars etc...

The end of the quarter is a time of stress and woe for me. If you haven't hit your goal by the 18th, I'd be happy to join then though.

11 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

I might be convinced but I am out of the habit of checking the forums, so there is reasonable chance I just fall off the face of the earth halfway through haha.

Do you have email notifications on for PMs? Or how else could we find you if needed?

9 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

The end of the quarter is a time of stress and woe for me. If you haven't hit your goal by the 18th, I'd be happy to join then though.

I hope it will not come to that - but we have no time frame.

All right, I'll answer the call. In.

Lemme look up the rules.

*Ahem*

The Kuati delegation is present and, as ever, wishes to push for a centralized military.

Need we remind our esteemed colleagues that the only true path to peace is via KDY-manufactured turbolaser?

I yield the floor.

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

*Ahem*

The Kuati delegation is present and, as ever, wishes to push for a centralized military.

Need we remind our esteemed colleagues that the only true path to peace is via KDY-manufactured turbolaser?

I yield the floor.

Liar! Everybody knows you are just after power!

Fondor offers peace!

10 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Liar! Everybody knows you are just after power!

Fondor offers peace!

The same Fondor that was a major Imperial shipyard for decades, supplying arms and vessels to butchers?

I thought so!*

*Any activities concerning the Imperial war machine on or orbiting Kuat were merely a continuation of long-standing contracts, traditional planetary industries and culture, and as such cannot be considered a moral statement.

13 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

The same Fondor that was a major Imperial shipyard for decades, supplying arms and vessels to butchers?

I thought so!*

*Any activities concerning the Imperial war machine on or orbiting Kuat were merely a continuation of long-standing contracts, traditional planetary industries and culture, and as such cannot be considered a moral statement.

We have NEW contracts now. With the NEW Rpeublic, spiritual successor to the Republic we originally were working for, before it betrayed our trust and altered the deal!

Still here LTD. But ping me on the discord when this starts i dont check this as often as I used to.

Still interested.