New RRG

By Mokoshkana, in Star Wars: Legion

48 minutes ago, Khobai said:

wrong. online tournaments represent the most cutthroat and devastating way an army can possibly play the game. because all moves can be precisely measured and exactly carried out. And you have a large sampling of the best players from the entire world all participating in invader league.

Invader league is probably the best indication of what factions are overperforming or underperforming.

Unfortunately for everyone if ffg/Asmodee used the data from the invader league as the basis for the rrg then we can expect the invader league to get shut down by big brother mouse in a hurry. Tabletop simulator and the invader league do not have the needed liscensing. And heaven forbid Disney not getting their cut.

7 minutes ago, Derrault said:

So, it went from 140 points doing 3.75 to 130 points doing 4.5; if you add in the buzzer it now does 7 a round.

Yes but because it cant focus its weapons into a single attack pool it means both its weapons get reduced by cover.

Again the biggest problem with the T-47 is the fact it cant combine both its weapons into the same attack pool.

I mean the rebel veterans and medium blaster are a little better now. Maybe theres some play with medium blasters fire supporting airspeeders. But thats really reaching... I gotta think almost anything else rebels can bring is better than that lol.

Edited by Khobai

that would be bad. having tt's star wars legion mod shut down.

Edited by Geekboy75g

I think the T-47 is going to start making a lot of sense in some lists. It's not looking auto include overpowered like old school tauntauns, but definitely usable and may have an impact

5 minutes ago, player5006253 said:

I think the T-47 is going to start making a lot of sense in some lists. It's not looking auto include overpowered like old school tauntauns, but definitely usable and may have an impact

agreed. but i think the landspeeder is better.

Edited by Geekboy75g

Bought and painted a second airspeeder just in time for a major buff. Point adjustment down to 130 is crazy and surge-crit?

Didn't think we would get even surge-hit, my double airspeeder list is gonna kick ***!

I mean its only $30 so why not get. (airspeeder)

Poor E-web, more than double the cost of a mk2, same number of wounds now, 16% better save, worse dice and no firesupport

7 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

Poor E-web, more than double the cost of a mk2, same number of wounds now, 16% better save, worse dice and no firesupport

The Mark II's effective wounds is 6. The E-Web's is 8. The Mark II averages 3.5 Hits. The E-Web averages 3.875. The E-Web has Surge: Crit, which is technically better than Surge: Hit with Critical 2 (though it will rarely actually produce more crits). No Fire Support is definitely a thing, but the E-Web can also take the generator upgrades (which are now only 3 points) to add more firepower (e.g. another .75 hits and Suppressive). Also the E-Web is less than 50% more than a Mark II, not more than double the cost.

15 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

The Mark II's effective wounds is 6. The E-Web's is 8. The Mark II averages 3.5 Hits. The E-Web averages 3.875. The E-Web has Surge: Crit, which is technically better than Surge: Hit with Critical 2 (though it will rarely actually produce more crits). No Fire Support is definitely a thing, but the E-Web can also take the generator upgrades (which are now only 3 points) to add more firepower (e.g. another .75 hits and Suppressive). Also the E-Web is less than 50% more than a Mark II, not more than double the cost.

Mk2 is now 26, double is 52. E-web is 55, which is more than double

1 minute ago, Darth evil said:

Mk2 is now 26, double is 52. E-web is 55, which is more than double

That's the Mark II upgrade for the X-34. The unit is still 38.

1 hour ago, Shadowhawk252 said:

Unfortunately for everyone if ffg/Asmodee used the data from the invader league as the basis for the rrg then we can expect the invader league to get shut down by big brother mouse in a hurry. Tabletop simulator and the invader league do not have the needed liscensing. And heaven forbid Disney not getting their cut.

Pretty sure that would definitely cause the immediate death of the game and Disney would no longer get any money at all. Everybody loses and I would think even Disney can see that.

Or more likely, they’re still not aware that it’s happened at all and they don’t need to be so we should really avoid discussing it on their forum...

2 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

That's the Mark II upgrade for the X-34. The unit is still 38.

**** your right, i miss read , so much new costs.

The R2 hike seems a bit high. He now cost the same as a unit of B2s.

10 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

To be fair, he makes his points back in one attack in Episode 3 then.

58 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

Firesupport isnt what the Eweb needed anyway. It needed range 4.

13 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

R2D2 was broken. He was in every single GAR list. Im glad that 45 makes him a choice now instead of autoinclude.

Although I wouldve gone a different route and made people take C3PO with R2D2 for 50 points. Instead of making R2D2 cost 45.

Edited by Khobai
3 minutes ago, Khobai said:

R2D2 was broken. He was in every single GAR list.

Not to mention most Rebel lists as well. I am definitely fine with the R2 price increase.

Quick breakdown of point adjustment (just stuff changed this year)
republic
Obi -5 points
Arc troopers + 6 points
Arc strike team + 6 points
Barc speeder - 15 points
Phase 2 clones + 2 points
R2 + 10 points (same for rebs)
At-rt Las cannon -10 points (now cost 10 instead 20 like the other 2 At-rt weapons)
Decrease in points to all phase 1 heavy weapons and personal upgrades
Decrease in points to phase 2 mortar and extra trooper.

CIS
B2 -3 points
Count Dooku -5 points
Droidekas -20 points!
Grievous -5 points
Decrease in points to both B2 heavy weapons and the B2 extra model
Decrease in points to all B1 personel upgrades

Empire
At-st -10 points now at 160
Boba fett -15 points
Commander Vader -15 points now at 175
Operative Vader -15 points
Dewbacks -15 points
Shoretrooper mortar +2 points
Palpatine -10 points
Imp officer commander -5 points
Scout troopers -12 points
Snowtroopers -4 points
Gav tank -10 points
5 point decrease to all dewbacks rider weapon upgrades
3 point increase to shoretrooper heavy weapon upgrade
6 point decrease to snowtrooper ion gun now 20 points
Point decrease to dlt, hh12, and t21 stormtrooper heavy weapons
General Weiss -9 points
Imp officer, stormtrooper, snowtrooper, and shoretrooper personel upgrades all get point decrease

Rebs
Chewie -5 points now 90
Fleet troopers -4 points
Han solo -20 points
Jyn -10 points now 100
Operative luke -5 points
Pathfinders -10 points
R2 + 10 points (same for rep)
Commandos -10 points
Rebel officer commander -5 points
Airspeeder -10 points now 130
Taun tauns +5 points
Wookie warriors -6 points
Land speeder -15 points
Sabines shield -5 points
Darksaber -10 points
Landspeeder rocket launcher -5 points
Landspeeder MK II blaster -8 points
Landspeeder Ion gun -7 points
At-rt Las cannon -10 points (now cost 10 instead 20 like the other 2 At-rt weapons)
Airspeeder harpoon gun now free (0points)
Fleet trooper barrage gun -3 points now 22
Bistan -4 points
Rebel trooper ion, z6, and sx21 heavy weapons all get point decrease
Wookies bowcaster -4points
Wedge -4 points
Most rebel personel upgrades get point decrease

General upgrades
Aggresive tactics +5 points
Improvised orders -5 points
Force guidance -5 points
Force reflexes -5 points now 10
E stims -2 points now 10
Environmental gear -1 point
Grappling hooks -2 points
Barrage and overcharged generator -4 points now 3
Concussion and impact grenades -2 points
Smoke grenades -4 points

I am very excited to try a CIS list with a tank commander and cheaper Droidekas. Maybe it won't be competitive, but it looks fun.

54 minutes ago, player5006253 said:

I am very excited to try a CIS list with a tank commander and cheaper Droidekas. Maybe it won't be competitive, but it looks fun.

Going to have to wait for generic CIS command cards to come out on January, but yeah I looking foreward to a droid armored division

Oh wow they really did change a crap ton of things. Really impressive and a little sad that this will be the last thing we get from the developers before we enter the unknown. But they go out on a high note!

Stray observations from a baddy casual so take it with a lot of salt:

GAR

• The elephant in the room. Did they hit GAR hard enough to allow more diversity in the meta? Pretty sure we will know soon enough, but I like to think they did. Can't wait to see what the meta looks like after this!

CIS

• As a pusher of CIS being the most balanced/fun faction I look at the changes and go yup still best lol.
  • Nice that B2s got some love.
  • Droidekars oh boy looks fun, but not sure if they compete with the STAPs
  • Oh sweet tank commander!!!

Rebels

• So Han and Jyn..... meh I guess? Like Cassian is right there at 90 and we know Lando is right around the corner, so I would have liked a little more. Jyn gets better as Cassian's 2nd detachment lol.
  • Poor airspeeder. After two point changes it goes down 45, get a free harpoon (use to be 8!), immune to range 1, surge to crit, and a rule change to its movement, BUT we are still like.....it could be better lol. At this point I am glad the poor thing is now at least mediocre and I can't wait to give it another try.
  • Drive by gunning Han......... nice. Landspeeder will at least be crazy fun to try some of the crazy combos lol.
  • Chewbacca, Sabine, pathfinders, vets, and wooks all look nice. Feels like the faction has some real options now across the board.

Empire

• Faction I know least about so not much to say. Will be interesting to see if they buffed the units enough to fight GAR or take the place of shores.
  • Palp blasting lighting from the back of the tank............. nice. If I have home wish for the meta it is just that.
4 hours ago, Khobai said:

Yes but because it cant focus its weapons into a single attack pool it means both its weapons get reduced by cover.

Again the biggest problem with the T-47 is the fact it cant combine both its weapons into the same attack pool.

I mean the rebel veterans and medium blaster are a little better now. Maybe theres some play with medium blasters fire supporting airspeeders. But thats really reaching... I gotta think almost anything else rebels can bring is better than that lol.

If you can’t figure out how to look past cover with the free move, nothing will be good enough, ever.

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

If you can’t figure out how to look past cover with the free move, nothing will be good enough, ever.

huh? a free move doesnt help you look past cover. especially if its area cover or cover like a barricade which units are pressed up against.

what helps you get past cover are huge combined attack pools and keywords that ignore cover like sharpshooter and blast. the airspeeder possesses neither of those.

and youre wrong that nothing will be good enough, ever... because Rebels still have tauntauns :)

the T-47 was supposed to be elevated to AAT level. It wasnt. The airspeeders biggest problems havent been addressed so its still a bad unit. And admittedly the minor buffs it received have elevated it from being completely awful to just plain bad, but its still got a long way to go to reach tauntaun levels of goodness, even with the nerf to tauntauns taken into account.

Edited by Khobai

As a CIS player, I am LOVING these new changes. Expected Droidekas to go down to 85 and got 80pts instead. Are they on par with STAP now? maybe not, but I love droidekas and can now bring them more often.