New RRG

By Mokoshkana, in Star Wars: Legion

44 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

So they removed Standby sharing, but gave the clones nothing to replace it, even if extremely watered down. This will be fun. {shakes head no} They also increased the price of ARCs.

Good. Why should clones get something to replace something they shouldnt have even had in the first place?

Well, at least we know what the weakest faction is. 😒 🙄

GAR is not the weakest faction now, not even close. lmao.

Imperials are still the weakest faction. They were the weakest faction before and their best unit just got nerfed. And none of their buffs are particularly meaningful. Making Vader or Dewbacks cost 15 points less doesnt make them suddenly good. And none of the Imperial heavies are on the same level as the AAT like we were told they would be. The only buff that actually matters IMO is Boba Fett costing less which will see him getting played more but still wont make Imperials top tier.

Edited by Khobai

I wish we had a way to compare the point changes with the last ones

12 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

So they removed Standby sharing, but gave the clones nothing to replace it, even if extremely watered down. This will be fun. {shakes head no} They also increased the price of ARCs. Well, at least we know what the weakest faction is. 😒 🙄

Some of the other changes seem good like the open transport, but I’m really surprised that some of the Rebel heavies didn’t go lower in price. Like the wookies bowcaster or the RPS-6 on the Landspeeder still being 31 (though I guess they think the Landspeeder is good since they lowered the base). Still I think they did ok for 3 factions.

Clones were clearly overperforming by a large margin, and standby sharing is just an oppressive game mechanic. Token sharing is still really really good. The point increases to two of the best units in the game were pretty light and there were plenty of point decreases to less used units.

Edited by AsmallChicken

Anyone else see the b2 ACM trooper is listed twice and the HA is not listed?

Still trying to figure out the justification for ARC changes, since they haven’t seen any real tournaments yet.

Cad Bane and Bobba Fett are now both 125. That's hilarious. Poor Cad Bane.

17 minutes ago, emsgoof said:

Still trying to figure out the justification for ARC changes, since they haven’t seen any real tournaments yet.

they dominated invader league which is a huge online tournament.

An online tournament is not a true representation of how an army will play in a real game.

23 minutes ago, emsgoof said:

It's only a small points increase. I'm sure they will still be a very solid unit.

15 minutes ago, emsgoof said:

An online tournament is not a true representation of how an army will play in a real game.

wrong. online tournaments represent the most cutthroat and devastating way an army can possibly play the game. because all moves can be precisely measured and exactly carried out. And you have a large sampling of the best players from the entire world all participating in invader league.

Invader league is probably the best indication of what factions are overperforming or underperforming.

Edited by Khobai
51 minutes ago, Khobai said:

Good. Why should clones get something to replace something they shouldnt have even had in the first place?

GAR is not the weakest faction now, not even close. lmao.

Imperials are still the weakest faction. They were the weakest faction before and their best unit just got nerfed. And none of their buffs are particularly meaningful. Making Vader or Dewbacks cost 15 points less doesnt make them suddenly good. And none of the Imperial heavies are on the same level as the AAT like we were told they would be. The only buff that actually matters IMO is Boba Fett costing less which will see him getting played more but still wont make Imperials top tier.

Yes I definitely agree GAR aren't the weakest. My clone list actually got cheaper on the whole.

10 minutes ago, Khobai said:

wrong. online tournaments represent the most cutthroat and devastating way an army can possibly play the game. because all moves can be precisely and exactly carried out.

Even top level online players will tell you it doesn’t directly translate to real tabletop performance.

How many online tournaments have there been since the CW factions were released? Invader League only starts with a couple hundred players, and the number of players quickly diminishes from my understanding.

How many real tournaments have been played with the CW factions? How many were played with anything other than the CW core set plus wave 1? How many OP games were played before adjustments were made for the original two factions? These are honest questions, because this feels rushed, and feels like catering to the forum masses.

25 minutes ago, Memorare said:

Cad Bane and Bobba Fett are now both 125. That's hilarious. Poor Cad Bane.

Cad still has steady, which is really really good. I would argue that Cad's cards are marginally better as well. Especially Cad's 3 pip.

No doubt that Boba is back though!

24 minutes ago, emsgoof said:

Even top level online players will tell you it doesn’t directly translate to real tabletop performance.

How many online tournaments have there been since the CW factions were released? Invader League only starts with a couple hundred players, and the number of players quickly diminishes from my understanding.

How many real tournaments have been played with the CW factions? How many were played with anything other than the CW core set plus wave 1? How many OP games were played before adjustments were made for the original two factions? These are honest questions, because this feels rushed, and feels like catering to the forum masses.

theres been a good number of online tournaments as a result of covid. gencon was online too if I recall.

the decision to nerf arc troopers was obviously made based on the results of online tournaments and internal playtesting.

arctroopers got nerfed, deal with it. you dont see me complaining about how shoretroopers got nerfed even though its a bigger blow to imperials than the arctrooper nerf is to GAR. since imperials were at the absolute bottom of the totem pole before and their best unit just got nerfed. the shoretrooper nerf was just as deserved as the arctrooper nerf was.

youre seriously complaining that the best unit of the best faction in the game got nerfed? when the best unit of the worst faction in the game got nerfed just as badly... LOL.

maybe you can take the hint and try something else besides spamming arc troopers. because thats what im gonna do: try running stormtroopers again. since FFG has just made it abundantly clear they dont want imperials using shoretroopers.

Edited by Khobai

Did Death Trooper heavy gain a hp?

2 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Did Death Trooper heavy gain a hp?

the bad heavy nobody used gained an hp

it actually makes it an interesting alternative now

especially with the vader cost reduction because that particular heavy works best with vader since you dont have to worry about your units panicking

Edited by Khobai

The Empire changes fell just a little short imo. Otherwise everything looks great.

4 hours ago, Lochlan said:

Compulsory moves can happen at the beginning or end of Speeders' activations.

Good lord, 140 points for a T-47 with ground buzzer and surge to crit?!

Well that’s a baseline include.

The T-47 is still a flaming kamikaze dumpster that will never earn its points back.

Just now, Khobai said:

The T-47 is still a flaming kamikaze dumpster that will never earn its points back.

You would have to be a literal idiot to not run it now. Please.

15 minutes ago, Khobai said:

the bad heavy nobody used gained an hp

it actually makes it an interesting alternative now

I used dt-f15 when i didn't have points to spend on on the dlt-19d

Edited by Geekboy75g
7 minutes ago, Geekboy75g said:

i used dt-f15 when i didn't have points to spend on on the dlt-19d

blasphemy

7 minutes ago, Derrault said:

You would have to be a literal idiot to no t run it now. Please.

fixed that for you

1) surge to crit was a great addition but ultimately not enough. The T-47's split firing arcs and inability to converge weapons in the same firing arc is still a major disadvantage that other heavy vehicles dont possess. the T-47 remains offensively impotent as a result.

2) the T-47's survivability is still bad for a heavy

3) lowering its cost by 10 points doesnt address any of the above issues.

4) a free harpoon is lol. you should get points back for using the harpoon.

Edited by Khobai
1 minute ago, Khobai said:

blasphemy

well I'm newish to the game and don't have much minis so we did 500 point battles and I didn't have Iden at the time.

4 minutes ago, Derrault said:

You would have to be a literal idiot to not run it now. Please.

He won't run it.

*cough*

5 minutes ago, Khobai said:

blasphemy

fixed that for you

So, it went from 140 points doing 3.75 to 130 points doing 4.5; if you add in the buzzer it now does 7 a round.