Looking for "A Phantom of Truth"

By Icechamber, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

A couple of Carcosa Mythos Packs are in stock at FFG, maybe this means that we're getting a reprint of the whole cycle soon!

Edit: Welp, nevermind they're sold out again.

Edited by Jaync
2 hours ago, Jaync said:

A couple of Carcosa Mythos Packs are in stock at FFG, maybe this means that we're getting a reprint of the whole cycle soon!

Edit: Welp, nevermind they're sold out again.

Which ones did they have? This happened with Phantom on September 24 — FFG had it in stock for a couple hours but it sold out quickly (I somehow missed it even though I obsessively refresh their AHLCG products page multiple times a day!) I'm curious what was there today.

FWIW, I find that the easiest way to keep up to date with new releases is to subscribe to Team Covenant’s service . It won’t help with stuff not in print, but you can subscribe to the big boxes, Mythos Packs, Novellas, “Supplements” (stuff like The Blob That Ate Everything), Investigator Decks, all separately. You’ll have to pay shipping and might not get to support your FLGS, but... I found mine would sell out before I could get some packs, so I set this up a while ago and stuff just shows up around or shortly after street date.

1 minute ago, KalEl814 said:

FWIW, I find that the easiest way to keep up to date with new releases is to subscribe to Team Covenant’s service . It won’t help with stuff not in print, but you can subscribe to the big boxes, Mythos Packs, Novellas, “Supplements” (stuff like The Blob That Ate Everything), Investigator Decks, all separately. You’ll have to pay shipping and might not get to support your FLGS, but... I found mine would sell out before I could get some packs, so I set this up a while ago and stuff just shows up around or shortly after street date.

I agree on buying it in advance. My FLGS was able to do it via email — it was more work than Team Covenant would have been; I had to provide the full list of names of all the mythos packs in Innsmouth, and I need to email them again for War of the Outer Gods and anything else that comes out, but in exchange for that inconvenience I do save on shipping since I can go pick it up.

People say you can do the same thing with the out-of-print ones too, just tell your FLGS that you want a certain pack when it's next available from their distributor, but I haven't tried that.

9 minutes ago, coldt0es said:

I agree on buying it in advance. My FLGS was able to do it via email — it was more work than Team Covenant would have been; I had to provide the full list of names of all the mythos packs in Innsmouth, and I need to email them again for War of the Outer Gods and anything else that comes out, but in exchange for that inconvenience I do save on shipping since I can go pick it up.

People say you can do the same thing with the out-of-print ones too, just tell your FLGS that you want a certain pack when it's next available from their distributor, but I haven't tried that.

Yeah, obviously YMMV from FLGS to FLGS. Ones near me are, for whatever reason, super good at ordering me the right Legion expansions on preorder, but they’re not great about getting the right Arkham TCG expansions / holding them for me. And the novellas and one off stuff... just no good at all.

3 hours ago, coldt0es said:

Which ones did they have? This happened with Phantom on September 24 — FFG had it in stock for a couple hours but it sold out quickly (I somehow missed it even though I obsessively refresh their AHLCG products page multiple times a day!) I'm curious what was there today.

They had Dim Carcosa, Black Stars Rise, and Echoes of the Past. Same I am also an obsessive refresher, and when I saw the green in-stock badge I got rlly excited but I already had those packs. They were only there for I think less than 2 hours.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I think I found a copy!!!!!

Now it is coming from India but they claim it is an English version.... and the DHL tracking number shows it arriving on Thursday!!!!

PS they have no more instock I asked.

53 minutes ago, Icechamber said:

Now it is coming from India but they claim it is an English version.... and the DHL tracking number shows it arriving on Thursday!!!!

PS they have no more instock I asked.

Good for you! How much was price and shipping?

Some copies of Phantom are going for $188! That's more than 12 times market price!

3 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

Yeah, obviously YMMV from FLGS to FLGS. Ones near me are, for whatever reason, super good at ordering me the right Legion expansions on preorder, but they’re not great about getting the right Arkham TCG expansions / holding them for me. And the novellas and one off stuff... just no good at all.

Apologies if my post came off as shaming for not using your FLGS — I didn't mean it that way at all. People love Team Covenant, and I buy tons of stuff from Miniature Market and other OLGSs. I only mentioned it because I might not have thought of doing a preorder for something my FLGS didn't list on their website (they have a preorders page, but the Arkham stuff is never on there) if someone in a forum hadn't mentioned that stores would usually do it. So I thought there might be other folks who hadn't thought of it either.

1 hour ago, Jaync said:

They had Dim Carcosa, Black Stars Rise, and Echoes of the Past. Same I am also an obsessive refresher, and when I saw the green in-stock badge I got rlly excited but I already had those packs. They were only there for I think less than 2 hours.

Fingers crossed this means more Phantoms might be coming!

1 hour ago, Icechamber said:

Yay! Let us know when you get it. I am excited for you.

55 minutes ago, coldt0es said:

Apologies if my post came off as shaming for not using your FLGS — I didn't mean it that way at all. People love Team Covenant, and I buy tons of stuff from Miniature Market and other OLGSs. I only mentioned it because I might not have thought of doing a preorder for something my FLGS didn't list on their website (they have a preorders page, but the Arkham stuff is never on there) if someone in a forum hadn't mentioned that stores would usually do it. So I thought there might be other folks who hadn't thought of it either.

Didn't come off that way at all, no worries. :)

1 hour ago, coldt0es said:

Fingers crossed this means more Phantoms might be coming!

Yeah, but with how quickly those packs sold out I'm worried that Phantom might get snatched up again. But if they do a full reprint of the entire cycle I am hoping that they will print enough so they are available for more than 3 hours.

Edited by Jaync
6 minutes ago, Jaync said:
Yeah, but with how quickly those packs sold out I'm worried that Phantom might get snatched up again. But if they do a full reprint of the entire cycle I am hoping that they will print enough so they are available for more than 3 hours.

I'm sure they have placed a larger order at this point, but based on the fact that the reprints of the investigator starter decks, which they ordered in August, won't be available until February, anything they ordered after the 3-hour Phantompalooza in September probably won't arrive until March or so. So I think the only hope for more in the interim is if there were some stragglers in the supply chain somewhere.

However, now that I've typed that, it seems very unlikely. I'm putting Carcosa on my calendar for April because I think that's the earliest I will get to play it. Fortunately, I have lots of other cycles to keep me entertained until then.

40 minutes ago, coldt0es said:

I'm sure they have placed a larger order at this point, but based on the fact that the reprints of the investigator starter decks, which they ordered in August, won't be available until February, anything they ordered after the 3-hour Phantompalooza in September probably won't arrive until March or so. So I think the only hope for more in the interim is if there were some stragglers in the supply chain somewhere.

However, now that I've typed that, it seems very unlikely. I'm putting Carcosa on my calendar for April because I think that's the earliest I will get to play it. Fortunately, I have lots of other cycles to keep me entertained until then.

10 out of 10 for phantompalooza. Looks like I'm gonna be refreshing FFG 20 times a day for another few months...

16 hours ago, Jaync said:

Good for you! How much was price and shipping?

It was $40 shipped, (shipping was $25). I ordered a second pack for a friend so that split the shipping so all in all I paid less then $30 for it

Oh and I believe more and more it is Legit... they posted a pick of the package on their instagram page with my city/state. I guess they just started their international shipping so YAHOO!!! And the Tracking shows it Departed Dubai!

Edited by Icechamber
4 hours ago, Icechamber said:

It was $40 shipped, (shipping was $25). I ordered a second pack for a friend so that split the shipping so all in all I paid less then $30 for it

Oh and I believe more and more it is Legit... they posted a pick of the package on their instagram page with my city/state. I guess they just started their international shipping so YAHOO!!! And the Tracking shows it Departed Dubai!

Just curious, I know there aren't any left on that website but how did you even come across that site? Because I've gone almost 10 pages deep in search results and I didn't see that. Thanks!

The Bored Game Company. They told me they could order more from their distributor (but we all know how that goes in the states, if FFG is out the distributor is too).

Let them know Jason from Michigan sent you

5 minutes ago, Icechamber said:

The Bored Game Company. They told me they could order more from their distributor (but we all know how that goes in the states, if FFG is out the distributor is too).

😮 😮 😮

1640533645_ScreenShot2020-11-03at2_23_48PM.png.6e24643b8b5f7c15ca7c1e1f86a3663c.png

Edited by coldt0es
formatting
16 minutes ago, coldt0es said:

😮 😮 😮

1640533645_ScreenShot2020-11-03at2_23_48PM.png.6e24643b8b5f7c15ca7c1e1f86a3663c.png

Yup I got the last ones :P but like I said I chatted with them and they said they can order more if I know people that need them

2 hours ago, coldt0es said:

😮 😮 😮

I actually saw this before it was sold out and I didn't want to pay the shipping/I thought it might not be legit. And now the price has been changed to $188 somehow. When I saw it in stock it was like $18.

Edited by Jaync
2 hours ago, Icechamber said:

Yup I got the last ones :P but like I said I chatted with them and they said they can order more if I know people that need them

Let me know if any of y'all ask them to order more.

2 hours ago, Icechamber said:

And you didn't pay $188, which was really the thing I was focused on here!

Also what really sucks about all of this is that the scenario (or at least the conviction route) has been completely spoiled for me. Back when I was getting into the game I watched a team covenant vid of them playing through it, and as hard as I try to forget, I just can't. So it's really annoying me that I'm waiting so long and going through so much trouble to get a scenario that I already know what's gonna happen and it's probably not gonna be as fun as the others.

Edited by Jaync