Looking for "A Phantom of Truth"

By Icechamber, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

16 minutes ago, Jaync said:

So I downloaded the app and it's really nice, but I just want to let you know that there appears to be a way to undo choices. After you click the choice and click proceed you can click the reload-arrow in the top right, next to the menu button. This takes you back to the choice and lets you redo it. This was in TCU so maybe it isn't supported for Carcosa but just thought I should let you know so you aren't stuck regretting a decision!

Thanks! I actually just figured that out on Saturday when Carcosa so completely defeated me that I lost the campaign before I'd even played all the scenarios! Normally my rule is that I have to take my lumps from bad endings and move on, but not getting to finish it was frustrating so I decided I could have a do-over. (Confession: It took TWO do-overs. 😬 )

I was worrying about how I was going to handle things with the app when I saw that gray undo arrow I had never noticed before. So even though it was too late for that earlier choice (even if the app let you undo repeatedly through multiple scenarios, which it might, I haven't tried, I think that choice affected things in between so I can't undo it now), it saves me from having to abandon the app for the remainder of the campaign, so I'm happy about that.

8 minutes ago, coldt0es said:

Thanks! I actually just figured that out on Saturday when Carcosa so completely defeated me that I lost the campaign before I'd even played all the scenarios! Normally my rule is that I have to take my lumps from bad endings and move on, but not getting to finish it was frustrating so I decided I could have a do-over. (Confession: It took TWO do-overs. 😬 )

I was worrying about how I was going to handle things with the app when I saw that gray undo arrow I had never noticed before. So even though it was too late for that earlier choice (even if the app let you undo repeatedly through multiple scenarios, which it might, I haven't tried, I think that choice affected things in between so I can't undo it now), it saves me from having to abandon the app for the remainder of the campaign, so I'm happy about that.

We actually also just did something similar, in City of Archives we doomed out and had our memories expunged (lost the campaign) but we just re-did the scenario because the whole point of the campaign was to get the turn back time scenario and we didn't want to do the whole thing again. I'm actually really glad that I saw that ending though because it was pretty cool. I definitely agree it would suck to lose the campaign without playing all of the scenarios on your first play through, I would've also redone it. I'm not going to ask what scenario it was because I (sometimes) find it so fun to unexpectedly lose a campaign.

59 minutes ago, Jaync said:

I definitely agree it would suck to lose the campaign without playing all of the scenarios on your first play through, I would've also redone it. I'm not going to ask what scenario it was because I (sometimes) find it so fun to unexpectedly lose a campaign.

I was specifically vague about when it happened because I didn't want to spoil it!

1 hour ago, Jaync said:

We actually also just did something similar, in City of Archives we doomed out and had our memories expunged (lost the campaign) but we just re-did the scenario because the whole point of the campaign was to get the turn back time scenario and we didn't want to do the whole thing again.

I've played TFA twice and still haven't gotten that scenario! I'm hoping the third time will be the charm (but since I also like to be surprised I haven't tried to figure out what triggers it, so who knows how many more times I'll have to play it to make the right choices to get it.)

4 hours ago, coldt0es said:

I've played TFA twice and still haven't gotten that scenario! I'm hoping the third time will be the charm (but since I also like to be surprised I haven't tried to figure out what triggers it, so who knows how many more times I'll have to play it to make the right choices to get it.)

Oopsies, sorry if I sort of spoiled it for you, I assumed that you knew what it was. And I was literally just talking about how I like it to be a surprise right after I had kinda spoiled it, I feel bad now.

The ending isn't particularly hard to get, we were doing pretty well in the scenario and then the encounter deck just comboed us into the ground. So I can imagine if your decks aren't doing super well (which is quite likely given the scenario) then you could get it without a weird encounter deck combo. I like that because I don't enjoy it when it feels like there are certain resolutions that you never get because either the scenario is too easy or too hard. It makes me feel like I'm missing out on a valuable piece of the game design/story. I've even contemplated doing a campaign on expert just to see all of the negative resolutions that I haven't seen before.

Edited by Jaync
9 minutes ago, Jaync said:

Oopsies, sorry if I sort of spoiled it for you, I assumed that you knew what it was. And I was literally just talking about how I like it to be a surprise right after I had kinda spoiled it, I feel bad now.

No worries, you didn't! I knew it was there because there's a divider for it in my RtTFA box. And there's an Epilogue on the campaign log that I've never reached. I assumed they were connected. I just don't know what choices or resolutions you have to get to get it, and you didn't tell me that (or if you did I didn't notice!) I'm sure I will get it eventually.

1 hour ago, coldt0es said:

No worries, you didn't! I knew it was there because there's a divider for it in my RtTFA box. And there's an Epilogue on the campaign log that I've never reached. I assumed they were connected. I just don't know what choices or resolutions you have to get to get it, and you didn't tell me that (or if you did I didn't notice!) I'm sure I will get it eventually.

Oh hold on, I was really misunderstanding you there (my fault not yours, I wasn't reading carefully). I thought that you meant the ending of City of Archives for some reason, not Turn Back Time. Ignore my earlier comments about how easy/hard it was to get, I was talking about the CoA resolution.

Edited by Jaync
2 minutes ago, Jaync said:

Oh hold on, I was really misunderstanding you there (my fault not yours, I wasn't reading carefully). I thought that you meant the ending of City of Archives for some reason, not Turn Back Time. Ignore my earlier comments about how easy/hard it was to get, I was talking about the CoA resolution.

Oh that makes more sense. I haven’t gotten that ending either (my biggest TFA tank was the second time through Depths of Yoth, which felt bad because I’d managed it on my blind run!) so I guess that was a little spoiler but not much of one.