Traders of the Inner Western Rim

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I'm selling my 7 Cortheum for 126 each, total 882.
I will then immediately pay off my debt of 2400 (it's due this turn, right?).
Then I will take out a loan of 78 credits, buy 1 fuel and 2 Trade goods, and jump to Granica.

Edit: If I have to actually be at Granica to take out a loan, then I will buy only the 1 fuel and jump.

I think it's due at the beginning of next turn, turn 7.

11 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I think it's due at the beginning of next turn, turn 7.

@LTD ? If this is true, then I will change my plans accordingly.

3 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@LTD ? If this is true, then I will change my plans accordingly.

My spreadsheet says "Needs to be repaid at the start of turn 7." I assume this means after the turn 6 jump, but before you do anything else (like selling) in turn 7.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Orders updated. I'll just pay back the loan now to be safe.

17 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

My spreadsheet says "Needs to be repaid at the start of turn 7." I assume this means after the turn 6 jump, but before you do anything else (like selling) in turn 7.

Oh. So effectively Before Turn 7/End of Turn 6. If it is before selling, then I may as well pay it off now, since I can't use the money for purchasing anyway.

The loan has to be paid at Granica, and before you jump on turn 7.

Just never go back to Granica. Its a big galaxy anyway.

1 hour ago, LTD said:

The loan has to be paid at Granica, and before you jump on turn 7.

So can we sell stuff at Granica on turn 7 and THEN pay off the loan?

I'll change my orders soon if that's the case.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Yes, this is the case.

And don't listen to Ginkapo. This Galaxy is only as big as the narrative requires.

In that case, I'm selling my 7 Cortheum for 126 each, total 882.
I am buying 1 unit of fuel and 7 of Trade Goods for 371 and jumping to Granica Station.

I will sell 6 Cortheum for 126 each. 756 total.

I will give 100 credits to Xzadrew Peytgros (provided he can meet my conditions above).

I will buy 6 trade goods for 300 credits.

Jump to Granica Station with 1 fuel, 6 trade goods.

13 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

If you can give this information privately, I'll give the 100 credits.

@LTD

Xzadrew Peytgros, can you give this information to me privately upon your return? Or will it be broadcast to all? If it will be public information then I'm not interested.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

“Absolutely privately. Thanks for investing in the future.”

Omai Guidnesse jumps to Granica Station. The vessel is thoroughly inspected on arrival, without incident.

NPC Actions.

Thanat Churyd sells 6 Cortheum at Darbagh, buys 6 Trade Goods, and jumps to Granica. The vessel is thoroughly investigated on arrival.

Gunkev Storhepw sells 6 Cortheum at Darbagh, buys 6 Trade Goods and 1 Fuel, and jumps to Granica.

Xzadrew Peytgros buys 4 Fuel and jumps to deep space.

Jamidar Heriros jumps to Darbagh.

Jaijasp Causspra sells 6 Trade Goods at Granica, buys 6 Cortheum and 2 Fuel, and jumps to Darbagh. The vessel is thoroughly investigated on arrival.

You're just going to leave us in suspense like that?

Corpfodi[19.24]

Demands Ardanium. Produces Cortheum.

Corpfodi has been recently colonised by settlers sent by the Granica Mercant Corporation, and renamed in its honour. The native inhabitants of this world (the Fodi) are primitive technologically, though they number in the hundreds of millions. They speak of an ancient enemy who conquered their planet centuries past and were only expelled after a devastating war that left the planet barren and poor. The planet has a breathable atmostphere, temperate climate, and humanoid suitable biosphere. The Corporation controls a Cortheum mine on the planet's southern pole. The local people desire trade goods, fuel, and Ardanium.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 10

Ardanium 81

Cortheum 27

Darbagh[21.32]

Demands Cortheum. Produces Dedlanite and Fuel.

Darbagh is a troubled world with a difficult past. A climate disaster centuries past rendered much of the surface uninhabitable. A major terraforming project was undertaken in the last century, but failed. To complicate matters, Darbagh has become a place of refuge for people fleeing trouble from all across the sector. You can find every kind of alien here - crammed into the habitats that fight a constant battle against the environment. The atmosphere is thick, but breathable with a pressure mask, while the temperature is hot and humid. The population is not large, probably less than three million, but these are crowded into a few ancient habitats.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 22

Cortheum 110

Dedlanite 58

Granica Station[18.29]

Granica Station – an interesting port in a storm! Orbiting a planet composed entirely of methane ice, Granica station has been built to help open up the Inner Wester Rim for trade and exploration. The Imperial Senate has granted a charter to the Granica Merchants Corporation to develop trade in this part of space.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 13

Ardanium 81

Berubian 85

Cortheum 67

Dedlanite 45

Exonium 479

Ships available for Sale this turn -

A-wing 317Credits {1 hullSp 5}

YT2400 1600 Credits {6 Hull, Sp 4}

Y-Wing 334 Credits {2 hull, Sp 3}

Pilots available for hire -

Caster Senn

Tracie Nilar

Braynar Tromans

All pilots ask for 30 credits a turn in pay.

Loans available -

Standard Granica Station New Merchants Start Up Loan - borrow up to 2000 credits. One and a half times what you borrow must be repaid in SIX turns.

Super Friendly Friends Bank Loan - borrow 1000 credits. 2000 credits must be repaid in NINE turns. Only one loan available this turn.

10 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

You're just going to leave us in suspense like that?

Sorry Bertie - I have a bad habit of having multiple windows open at once, and keep on sending the public information to Jabba in a PM. Usually I catch it after a few minutes, but last night I got distracted by life and did not notice until this morning. Whoops.

I'll sell my 7 trade goods for 560, and pay off my debt.

I am then buying 2 units of fuel and 4 Trade Goods and jumping to Corpfordi.

After selling his 7 Berubian for 595, Omai is 16 credits short of paying off his loan (even if he sold off his fuel, which might be greatly needed in a short time.)

Edit: but after selling a couple charts to a mysterious human, he manages to scrape by with 34 credits remaining. Since the last loan went so well, Omai takes out a 1000 credit loan from the Friendly Friends, buys 7 trade goods and jumps back down the mysterious western(?) hyperlane with them.

He prepares to make his case to those generous looking, very well-armed Trandoshans lounging outside the docking bay.

"Esteemed Gentlelizards,

Look, even I get boarded sometimes. As you can see, I've managed to obtain almost every last cred; I just need to make one more low-risk run.

My being able to completely repay this loan is in the best interests of your employer. But any leftover credits? Well, those can be in your best interests, for your patience and understanding. Everyone wins!

...What do you say? pleasedon'tthrowmeinanImperialprisonorworse "

Edited by The Jabbawookie
10 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

After selling his 7 Berubian for 595, Omai is 16 credits short of paying off his loan (even if he sold off his fuel, which might be greatly needed in a short time.)

He prepares to make his case to those generous looking, very well-armed Trandoshans lounging outside the docking bay.

"Esteemed Gentlelizards,

Look, even I get boarded sometimes. As you can see, I've managed to obtain almost every last cred; I just need to make one more low-risk run.

My being able to completely repay this loan is in the best interests of your employer. But any leftover credits? Well, those can be in your best interests, for your patience and understanding. Everyone wins!

...What do you say? pleasedon'tthrowmeinanImperialprisonorworse "

Get a second loan?

19 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Get a second loan?

I'd assume they'd check my credit rating...

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I'd assume they'd check my credit rating...

You have been to planets 08.23 and 12.29 for the last three turns, correct? I would pay 50 credits immediately for a (before this turn's jump) list of the resources and their prices for each planet, for the last three turns. Assuming that you can communicate it privately and @LTD can confirm its accuracy.

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

You have been to planets 08.23 and 12.29 for the last three turns, correct? I would pay 50 credits immediately for a (before this turn's jump) list of the resources and their prices for each planet, for the last three turns. Assuming that you can communicate it privately and @LTD can confirm its accuracy.

Interesting. I'd take you up on that.

@LTD

th?id=OIP.dt5xilfp8wIqLMJS1B6gqwHaE8%26p

Information sent, orders revised, pleasure doing business.

Edited by The Jabbawookie