Traders of the Inner Western Rim

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

6 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Why pay the fuel tax when you can just stay at Granica?

You do need to buy ships to store cargo though.

Why? What if I bought options instead of actual items?

I've heard they do that over at Planet 1.13.

Processing...

Thanat Churyd sells 12 Fuel at Granica, buys 6 Berubian, and jumps to Ulmu.

Gunkev Storhepw sells 6 Dedlanite at Granica, buys 6 Cortheum, and jumps to Darbagh.

Jamidar Heriros' slow fleet at Darbagh sells 13 Cortheum, buys 13 Dedlanite and 8 fuel, and jumps to Granica.

Jamidar Heriros buys the YT1300 and hires the last pilot.

Jaijasp Causspra sells 6 Dedlanite at Granica, buys 6 Cortheum, and jumps to Darbagh.

Turn 33 Market Prices

Corpfodi[19.24]

Demands Ardanium. Produces Cortheum.

Corpfodi has been recently colonised by settlers sent by the Granica Mercant Corporation, and renamed in its honour. The native inhabitants of this world (the Fodi) are primitive technologically, though they number in the hundreds of millions. They speak of an ancient enemy who conquered their planet centuries past and were only expelled after a devastating war that left the planet barren and poor. The planet has a breathable atmostphere, temperate climate, and humanoid suitable biosphere. The Corporation controls a Cortheum mine on the planet's southern pole. The local people desire trade goods, fuel, and Ardanium.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 52

Ardanium 112

Cortheum 75

Darbagh[21.32]

Demands Cortheum. Produces Dedlanite and Fuel.

Darbagh is a troubled world with a difficult past. A climate disaster centuries past rendered much of the surface uninhabitable. A major terraforming project was undertaken in the last century, but failed. To complicate matters, Darbagh has become a place of refuge for people fleeing trouble from all across the sector. You can find every kind of alien here - crammed into the habitats that fight a constant battle against the environment. The atmosphere is thick, but breathable with a pressure mask, while the temperature is hot and humid. The population is not large, probably less than three million, but these are crowded into a few ancient habitats.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 15

Cortheum 166

Dedlanite 19

Granica Station[18.29]

Granica Station – an interesting port in a storm! Orbiting a planet composed entirely of methane ice, Granica station has been built to help open up the Inner Wester Rim for trade and exploration. The Imperial Senate has granted a charter to the Granica Merchants Corporation to develop trade in this part of space.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 54

Ardanium 52

Berubian 22

Cortheum 43

Dedlanite 35

Exonium 204

Bilsin[12.29]

Bilsin used to be the edge of semi-civilised space in this sector - but the arrival of the Granica Trading Corporation has changed everything. Now there is a small imperial garrison on the planet. All ships entering the sector are scanned by Tie Fighters, and usually stopped and searched. The planet itself has no government - instead it is controlled by a series of independent anarchist communities who came to this place in search of a world beyond centralised control. The population is small, and shrinking. The planet is hotter than average, though tolerable for humanoids. The planet has a lower level of technology than standard. Trade goods are always in demand, as is Exonium. The planet is a rich source of Berubian.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 30

Berubian 10

Exonium 266

Patro[04.34]

Patro is a busy industrialised world with a population in the billions. It is a key producer of Sponson Regulators, and an important garrison centre for Imperial Forces. It is connected to Bilsin to the East, and another hyperspace lane leaves to the north.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 19

Berubian 35

Cortheum 142

Ulmu[21.35]

Demands Berubian, Produces Exonium.

Ulmu is a place of chaos and confusion. Once a thriving world of billions, there is now no particularly noticeable government, instead the world is dominated by ruthless petty warlords, each looking for an advantage over others. But the world is a source of Exonium, and has a great demand for Berubian.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 15

Berubian 175

Exonium 110

Brinkii[23.21]

Demands Berubian, Produces Dedlanite

Brinkii is a world on the move - of small population determined to carve habitats in the bare rock. Berubian, and the explosives it creates, are in great demand. The world is rich in Dedlanite, which is blasted from the rocks themselves.

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 4

Berubian 82

Dedlanite26

Quin-Tangii[26.20]

Produces Cortheum, demands Dedlanite

Trade Goods 50/80

Fuel 66

Cortheum25

Dedlanite182

Ships available for Sale this turn -

Y-wing {H2,S3} 330 credits

HWK-290 {H4,S3} 1200 credits

YT-2400 {H6,S4} 1500 credits

A-wing {H1, S5} 360 credits

Pilots available for hire -

Trisjade Loocat

Fredamo Lynecon

Sidnbab Garhea

Amaderr Shanchev

Neakad Dobtwi

Armtre Ladclay

All pilots ask for 30 credits a turn in pay.

Loans available -

Standard Granica Station New Merchants Start Up Loan - borrow up to 2000 credits. One and a half times what you borrow must be repaid in SIX turns.

Super Friendly Friends Bank Loan - borrow 1000 credits. 2000 credits must be repaid in NINE turns. Only one loan available this turn.

Orders in 48 hours please.

@Bertie Wooster @The Jabbawookie @GhostofNobodyInParticular

At Granica I will sell my Trade Goods for 2,960. I will buy the YT-2400 Slightly Leaking for 1500 and hire Trisjade Loocat to pilot it.

I will transfer 2 fuel to the new ship, purchase 43 Cortheum for 1,849, pay my pilots, and everyone will jump to Darhbagh.

You don't have much faith your ships do you?

Also, @The Jabbawookie if you hire Neakad please give his ship a funny name. :)

Edited by Bertie Wooster

@The Jabbawookie waiting on your orders...

Corpfodi-Orrie

Long Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Tracie

Pay myself 30.

Long Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Marl

Pay myself 30.

Buy 1 Fuel for 54.

Long Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Sawyher

Pay myself 30.

Buy 3 Fuel for 162.

Long Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Jorisma

Pay myself 30.

Short Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Milosi

Pay myself 30.

Long Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Londmatt

Pay myself 30.

Long Jump to deep space.

Corpfodi-Rhetjor

Pay myself 30.

Jump to Brinkii.

fel2qAw.jpg

I think we might call it here.

One of our players has become irregular, and I'm pretty sick of running a dozen NPCs with multiple ships each.

A new route has been opened, connecting the inner-west to the other side of this chunk of space. Major trade lines have begun.

A new dawn for the Empire... etc.

Thanks to the three players. I hope you enjoyed yourselves...

Any questions feel free to ask.

9 hours ago, LTD said:

fel2qAw.jpg

I think we might call it here.

One of our players has become irregular, and I'm pretty sick of running a dozen NPCs with multiple ships each.

A new route has been opened, connecting the inner-west to the other side of this chunk of space. Major trade lines have begun.

A new dawn for the Empire... etc.

Thanks to the three players. I hope you enjoyed yourselves...

Any questions feel free to ask.

I was hoping to buy a CR90 soon. . . :(

Thanks for running this for as long as you did! For a game that doesn't go anywhere, it is very fun!

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

I was on my way to Hilgis-Kan, and probably would have discovered Kazo in a few turns with my new squad of explorers.

Thanks for organizing @LTD ! I was less interested in making money and expanding, and more interested in exploring--but exploring has its risks and you can lose a lot of money doing it.

I never encountered pirates and never needed to do ship maintenance. Did anyone else have this happen to them?

4 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I was on my way to Hilgis-Kan, and probably would have discovered Kazo in a few turns with my new squad of explorers.

Thanks for organizing @LTD ! I was less interested in making money and expanding, and more interested in exploring--but exploring has its risks and you can lose a lot of money doing it.

I never encountered pirates and never needed to do ship maintenance. Did anyone else have this happen to them?

Nope.

Nor have I rued the day (take that Xzadrew Peytgros ).

11 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Nope.

Nor have I rued the day (take that Xzadrew Peytgros ).

Ah Xzadrew Peytgros. I gave him 100 credits twice, and got nothing out of it. He did offer me knowledge of Ulmu's location, but for an additional 300 credits, which I couldn't afford to give.

3 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Ah Xzadrew Peytgros. I gave him 100 credits twice, and got nothing out of it. He did offer me knowledge of Ulmu's location, but for an additional 300 credits, which I couldn't afford to give.

He gave me Ulmu's location (I think it was for 500 credits), but was furious with me for selling the info to the Merchants instead of letting him hang on to it. I had hoped to double the investment and make 1000, but somebody else sold the info as well and instead I broke even.

I brushed his protests aside 'cause I was convinced he had sold the info to you, and selling it to me would have broken the deal with you to hold off on selling it to another for 4 turns, meaning he couldn't be trusted. I was prepared to bet that he had sold it to everybody as soon as they landed in Granica.

17 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

He gave me Ulmu's location (I think it was for 500 credits), but was furious with me for selling the info to the Merchants instead of letting him hang on to it. I had hoped to double the investment and make 1000, but somebody else sold the info as well and instead I broke even.

I brushed his protests aside 'cause I was convinced he had sold the info to you, and selling it to me would have broken the deal with you to hold off on selling it to another for 4 turns, meaning he couldn't be trusted. I was prepared to bet that he had sold it to everybody as soon as they landed in Granica.

I assumed something like that happened once I saw you going to Ulmu. I wasted time trying to find it on my own, but no luck.

Interesting that he got so angry about that though. He seemed to want to avoid working with "the system" or "the man" altogether, but was kinda mooching off of individual pilots.

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Interesting that he got so angry about that though. He seemed to want to avoid working with "the system" or "the man" altogether, but was kinda mooching off of individual pilots.

Exactly. Sharing the info with the Merchants meant he could no longer charge new pilots 500 credits each for the location.

It may be wise to consider a plan B location for future games. It's possible that this forum may no longer exist if Asmodee decides to shut it down because of the shifting oversight of Armada to AMG.

22 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

It may be wise to consider a plan B location for future games. It's possible that this forum may no longer exist if Asmodee decides to shut it down because of the shifting oversight of Armada to AMG.

Good point. Discord, maybe? Or whatever new forum AMG has, if any.

Just for the record, Xzadrew Peytgros was the one who also sold the route to the Merchants that same turn as GNIPs.

Jamidar Heriros was the A-Wing pilot who found the route to Gilchasp, came back, bought a YT, and started trading along that secret route. Jamidar ended up with ten ships and pilots, and still had 20k in credits. Yes, the economic system is pretty broken, and needs some serious patching.

Thanks again for playing.

48 minutes ago, LTD said:

Jamidar ended up with ten ships and pilots, and still had 20k in credits. Yes, the economic system is pretty broken, and needs some serious patching.

Wow.