Few questions

By vmoss, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

In rules reference from www.fantasyflightgames.com (ver. 23 Mar 2020) i read:

"Upon completion of any ability that searches an entire deck, shuffle the deck"

When i use Hawkeye Quiver, by example (or another search card that not use the hole deck), and search for arrow on the first 5 cards... must i shuffle my deck?

26 minutes ago, aeixea said:

In rules reference from www.fantasyflightgames.com (ver. 23 Mar 2020) i read:

"Upon completion of any ability that searches an entire deck, shuffle the deck"

When i use Hawkeye Quiver, by example (or another search card that not use the hole deck), and search for arrow on the first 5 cards... must i shuffle my deck?

No - if you search less than the whole deck and the ability doesn’t specify you shuffle (like Jessica Drew’s apartment does) then the cards go back in the same order (as they do for Hawkeye’s Quiver).

Some new rulings

https://hallofheroeslcg.com/official-ffg-rulings/?fbclid=IwAR1Kjhqxl0ZMlz1Af4lPvuGTu76UF5mR_zdNMyOXXUBIEHwBRpDfpaHw35Q#redskull

Including:

What happens to test counters in the Zola scenario when you move to a new stage?

Any test counters on main scheme 1b will be removed from play when you advance to stage 2. Generally speaking, when a card leaves play, you discard all other cards and counters on that card. The Acceleration Token is the exception to this rule.

-Caleb

Power gauntlets (e. weapon): Does you refer to hero or hero and allies?

Thank you.

15 hours ago, vmoss said:

Power gauntlets (e. weapon): Does you refer to hero or hero and allies?

Thank you.

image.jpeg.40c8b67de32cf82d56e1ca5821bdcaed.jpeg

You mean this card, right?

”You” in this context means you the identity card. It doesn’t trigger if an ally blocks (unless there’s Overkill of course)

Yes. Thank you. So this card is not that bad, often one can use an ally to block.

Does retaliate trigger with overkill?

Thank you.

Edited by vmoss
info
1 hour ago, vmoss said:

Yes. Thank you. So this card is not that bad, often one can use an ally to block.

Does retaliate trigger with overkill?

Thank you.

Retaliate triggers after that character is attacked.

So if an attack with Overkill is blocked and excess damage is dealt to a character with Retaliate, the Retaliate won’t trigger, because they haven’t been attacked, they’ve only been damaged.

And if you were talking about an ally with Retaliate blocking, their Retaliate wont trigger either, because by the time it would trigger - ‘after the attack’ - they are already defeated, assuming it was an attack with Overkill and enough damage to deal excess damage to the Hero.

1 hour ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Retaliate triggers after that character is attacked.

So if an attack with Overkill is blocked and excess damage is dealt to a character with Retaliate, the Retaliate won’t trigger, because they haven’t been attacked, they’ve only been damaged.

And if you were talking about an ally with Retaliate blocking, their Retaliate wont trigger either, because by the time it would trigger - ‘after the attack’ - they are already defeated, assuming it was an attack with Overkill and enough damage to deal excess damage to the Hero.

Also, if you do overkill to a Minion, it won’t trigger retaliate on the Villain, because they weren’t attacked. Edit: I guess you covered this in the first paragraph Jonboyjon, but I sort of skimmed that, whoopsy.

Edited by Derrault

mmm...

Then, when Black Widow use her ability to make 1 damage to a enemy after a preparation card triggers... these damage point don't trigger the retaliate because you have not attacked the enemy directly? (in case the enemy has retaliate, of course).

I begin to understand why I lose all the games with black widow XD XD XD

1 hour ago, aeixea said:

mmm...

Then, when Black Widow use her ability to make 1 damage to a enemy after a preparation card triggers... these damage point don't trigger the retaliate because you have not attacked the enemy directly? (in case the enemy has retaliate, of course).

I begin to understand why I lose all the games with black widow XD XD XD

Yep, attacking and dealing damage are 2 separate things.

Under the newer defense rules, is shield block considered to be a defense against hydra flame soldier's boost?

Thank you.

9 hours ago, vmoss said:

Under the newer defense rules, is shield block considered to be a defense against hydra flame soldier's boost?

Thank you.

No, an attack is only considered defended if a character exhausted to defend - hero/ally

If stun, can she hulk use (attack) one two punch to get ready?

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, vmoss said:

If stun, can she hulk use (attack) one two punch to get ready?

Thank you.

I’m afraid not - One Two Punch is a reaction used after making a basic attack. Stun replaces the attack so there’s nothing to react to.

1. I understand that kang's attachment and status cards do not carry over to the next scheme. How about the player obligations?

2. Kang's dominion ss does not allow the hero to attack kang. Does this include kang (m of time)?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, vmoss said:

1. I understand that kang's attachment and status cards do not carry over to the next scheme. How about the player obligations?

2. Kang's dominion ss does not allow the hero to attack kang. Does this include kang (m of time)?

Thank you.

1) Kang’s obligations are part of your play area, so they do carry over between forms.

2) It seems to be any version of Kang.

Here’s a fun one I ran into in my victory over Kang:

Stolen Memories - place the top 8 cards of your deck facedown under this card. I only had 5 cards left in my deck.

Now when you are discarding cards (from hero or villain deck) and have to reshuffle the deck you don’t continue discarding - the effect that was causing it ends when you reshuffle. Do you think the same principle applies to Stolen Memories?

For the record I shuffled, dealt myself an encounter card and then placed 3 more cards under the obligation but I think a case could be made. Thoughts?

Yes, I think the same principle applies and you stop discarding.

Desperate defense: do one have to use card before flipping over the boost card?

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, vmoss said:

Desperate defense: do one have to use card before flipping over the boost card?

Thank you.

Yes - you use it when you declare your defence of the attack.

How is "control" understood in Kang's Time-Travel Hijinks obligation?

The rules reference states that the player controls the cards in their out-of-play area, which includes their hand, deck, and discard pile. Am I supposed to search my entire deck for the highest costing card or just select from what's in the play area? There's no instruction to reshuffle so it's not clear whether the deck was intended too.

Edited by mike8104
1 hour ago, mike8104 said:

How is "control" understood in Kang's Time-Travel Hijinks obligation?

The rules reference states that the player controls the cards in their out-of-play area, which includes their hand, deck, and discard pile. Am I supposed to search my entire deck for the highest costing card or just select from what's in the play area? There's no instruction to reshuffle so it's not clear whether the deck was intended too.

It’s highest cost card in play.

Against red sk., can Falcon choose to look at the side scheme encounter deck instead?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, vmoss said:

Against red sk., can Falcon choose to look at the side scheme encounter deck instead?

Thank you.

Falcon says:

After Falcon enters play, look at the top 3 cards of the encounter deck

The side scheme deck is not the encounter deck.

Even if Falcon could look at the top 3 cards of the side scheme deck, he obviously wouldn't find any treachery cards, so it'd be a waste of his ability.

6 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Even if Falcon could look at the top 3 cards of the side scheme deck, he obviously wouldn't find any treachery cards, so it'd be a waste of his ability.

I disagree. The benefit of his ability isn't really the removing threat for finding Treachery, it is the knowledge of what the next cards are.

I agree with the ruling, just not that it would be a waste of his ability if you could look at the side scheme deck. Knowledge is worth far more than the potential threat removal.