Few questions

By vmoss, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

When Goliath is discarded at end of phase, is that considered defeated for rapid respond?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, vmoss said:

When Goliath is discarded at end of phase, is that considered defeated for rapid respond?

Thank you.

No it is not.

13 hours ago, vmoss said:

Thank you.

No, but if he’s defeated by his consequential damage Rapid response could bring him back in the same turn and then his ability would no longer discard him.

For Ronin it says, "Ronin gets +1 THW and +1 ATK while an upgrade is attached to them.". I would assume from that wording he would max out at 2 THW and 3 ATK, but the devs gave him +1 THW and +1 ATK for EACH upgrade he had on him. Are they playing the card right, or did they just forget or something?

12 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

For Ronin it says, "Ronin gets +1 THW and +1 ATK while an upgrade is attached to them.". I would assume from that wording he would max out at 2 THW and 3 ATK, but the devs gave him +1 THW and +1 ATK for EACH upgrade he had on him. Are they playing the card right, or did they just forget or something?

Yes it’s an either or situation.

17 hours ago, FearLord said:

Yes it’s an either or situation.

So.... you don't know?

Caleb says "Ronin is +1/+1 for every upgrade on them", which is not what is actually printed on the card. The printed text only cares if Ronin has an attached upgrade or not, not how many upgrades they have, so as written I agree that it is a +1/+1 maximum and they made a mistake during the live stream. It's possible that an earlier iteration of the card during playtesting said +1/+1 for each upgrade and Caleb forgot what they decided on for the final version.

Also, who is the guy punching Ms Marvel in wiggle room?

7 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

So.... you don't know?

Either he has an upgrade (and gets +1 to his stats) or he doesn’t. There’s no +1 per upgrade.

1 hour ago, FearLord said:

Either he has an upgrade (and gets +1 to his stats) or he doesn’t. There’s no +1 per upgrade.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

1. Team building exercise: can more than 1 be used to pay for a single card?

2. Taskmaster: If ant man change from 1 hero form to the other, does the force response trigger? (It says to hero form, we are only changing from a hero form to another one).

Thank you.

7 hours ago, vmoss said:

1. Team building exercise: can more than 1 be used to pay for a single card?

2. Taskmaster: If ant man change from 1 hero form to the other, does the force response trigger? (It says to hero form, we are only changing from a hero form to another one).

Thank you.

1) No - Team Building Exercise has an action that plays a card at a one cost discount, so each one must be used to play a separate card.

2) Hmmm tricky. I think the intention is that it only applies to heroes changing from alter ego, but it could certainly be read as any time you change into a hero form. Probably needs a question to the devs, but I’d probably play it the first way for the moment.

Does rapid response bring back allies ant man and future aggression wasp? If so, with how many hit pts?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, vmoss said:

Does rapid response bring back allies ant man and future aggression wasp? If so, with how many hit pts?

Thank you.

No - they’d return with 0 health and immediately leave play.

Moxie: If ant man changes forms a few times in a round, can the hero response be used multiple times?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, vmoss said:

Moxie: If ant man changes forms a few times in a round, can the hero response be used multiple times?

Thank you.

You could play another Moxie in response to another form change, but it’s an event so it doesn’t count all your form changes and add 1 for each - it just gives you +1 as a once and done reaction to switching form.

Teamwork's matching power: Basic as printed or is it conditional depending on text box (and possible upgrades)?

egs. is giant man 2 or 4?

she hulk various?

wonder man 3 without card cost?

Thank you.

12 hours ago, vmoss said:

Teamwork's matching power: Basic as printed or is it conditional depending on text box (and possible upgrades)?

Because Teamwork does not say "base" or "printed" it appears to include upgrades and any relevant bonuses from the text box. Ruling/comment from Caleb about Teamwork on Hall of Heroes seems to support this:

Q: "I control Vision and play Inspired on him. Then another player plays Enraged on him. Then I spend an energy resource to to increase Vision’s ATK and then use Teamwork to add his ATK to my heroes’ ATK. That’s all legit, right?"

A: "Seems legit. Cool combo

-Caleb"

Edited by Assussanni

Do we have to pay the extra cost such as wonder man's 1 card?

Do we flip for extra bonus (eg hulk's card flip)?

Do you tend to include teamwork in your decks?

Thank you.

Edited by vmoss
Spelling
4 hours ago, vmoss said:

Do we have to pay the extra cost such as wonder man's 1 card?

Do we flip for extra bonus (eg hulk's card flip)?

Do you tend to include teamwork in your decks?

Thank you.

No - you aren’t attacking with the ally - you’re attacking with your hero and adding the ally’s stat.

I have a couple questions about timing of damage in these two instances:

1) An attack with overkill targets the only Ultron Drone in play. Ultron III is in play with the ability "Ultron cannot take damage while a Drone minion is in play." Can the overkill harm Ultron after killing the drone, or is damage to both the drone and Ultron resolved simultaneously and therefore reduced to zero to Ultron due to his ability?

2) Get Over Here -- " Hero Action (attack): Deal 1 damage to a minion. If you have the Aerial trait, engage that enemy." -- is used on a minion with only 1 remaining hit point. Does the minion die preventing "engage that enemy" from happening, or does the hero successfully engage the enemy before the minion dies?

Does Crossbone's machine guns trigger power gauntlets?

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, vmoss said:

Does Crossbone's machine guns trigger power gauntlets?

Thank you.

No, because the villain's attack is labeled just as there ATK, which gets boosted by boost icons. Other damaging effects from star icons or attachments that don't boost the villain's ATK, don't trigger anything involving being damaged from an attack. So power gauntlets wouldn't trigger from Crossbone's machine gun, but that also means you can't back flip it, cause that's conditional to it being an attack.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:00 AM, Paul C. said:

1) An attack with overkill targets the only Ultron Drone in play. Ultron III is in play with the ability "Ultron cannot take damage while a Drone minion is in play." Can the overkill harm Ultron after killing the drone, or is damage to both the drone and Ultron resolved simultaneously and therefore reduced to zero to Ultron due to his ability?

Overkill will work because it defeats the minion first and then excess damage is applied to the villain.

-Caleb

https://hallofheroeslcg.com/official-ffg-rulings/#ultron