Few questions

By vmoss, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

22 minutes ago, vmoss said:

When an ally with a tough card takes collateral damage (such as Luke Cage), do we remove the tough card or put on one damage token?

Thank you.

You remove the tough status, I usually block with Cage before I attack.

16 minutes ago, KimJoshIl said:

You remove the tough status, I usually block with Cage before I attack.

Yeah, this is the reason Dr. Strange is the best deck to run Enraged in right now. You can use the Rings invocation to put Tough on your allies with Enraged on them and they can attack for big numbers without taking the any of the consequential damage.

24 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

Yeah, this is the reason Dr. Strange is the best deck to run Enraged in right now. You can use the Rings invocation to put Tough on your allies with Enraged on them and they can attack for big numbers without taking the any of the consequential damage.

I haven’t seen that combo yet, I’m very excited to try aggression Dr. Strange now!

3 minutes ago, KimJoshIl said:

I haven’t seen that combo yet, I’m very excited to try aggression Dr. Strange now!

It's so good! I've wanted to use Enraged for a while so it jumped out at me when I was looking at building a Dr. Strange Aggression deck on TTS and it really works. Especially if you can use Master of the Mystic Arts to activate Rings, attack with your allies, and then activate Rings again. It's less useful that way in multi-player (you'll want to put Tough on the other heroes instead), but in solo it's fantastic.

Can avengers towers be used when making the call?

Thank you.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, vmoss said:

Can avengers towers be used when making the call?

Thank you.

No. Make the call requires you to pay the printed cost of the card.

If the first part of melee finishes a minion with quard, can the second part then be used against the villian.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, vmoss said:

If the first part of melee finishes a minion with quard, can the second part then be used against the villian.

Thank you.

Yes, they are two separate instances of damage. So the first one would finish off the minion, which would allow you to target the villain with the second instance.

I have a question and I will ask in here rather than start a new thread.

This is the eternal question of interpreting You in this game. In the Green Goblin pack the card Tail Sweep's Boost ability simply says "You are stunned." Am i correct that if blocking with an ally this You is still meant to refer to my Hero and not the defender?

24 minutes ago, Cable2 said:

This is the eternal question of interpreting You in this game. In the Green Goblin pack the card Tail Sweep's Boost ability simply says "You are stunned." Am i correct that if blocking with an ally this You is still meant to refer to my Hero and not the defender?

Correct.

I also have a you question. (Against Ultron), if a hero uses an ally to block, does a drone still have to be added?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, vmoss said:

I also have a you question. (Against Ultron), if a hero uses an ally to block, does a drone still have to be added?

Thank you.

Yes, because he is still attacking you, but is defended by an ally. If another hero defended against his attack, then Ultron one's ability would activate against the defending character. Same with Ultron two.

3 hours ago, Cable2 said:

3 hours ago, vmoss said:

Thank you.

I don't remember if it's been mentioned on these forums at all, but the devs have begun to reply to "you" rules questions by mentioning that the next Rules Reference update will have a big update to "you" since it's causing much more confusion than they expected. Not sure how long it'll be til that comes out, but it sounded like it was going to be a priority when they were able to return to the office.

54 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I don't remember if it's been mentioned on these forums at all, but the devs have begun to reply to "you" rules questions by mentioning that the next Rules Reference update will have a big update to "you" since it's causing much more confusion than they expected. Not sure how long it'll be til that comes out, but it sounded like it was going to be a priority when they were able to return to the office.

Yeah, I don't know why it's been such a hasel. It's pretty much straight forward, but I struggled with it in the beginning too. But I would like to see what they'll change.

4 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Yeah, I don't know why it's been such a hasel. It's pretty much straight forward, but I struggled with it in the beginning too. But I would like to see what they'll change.

Because they don't want you to be able to defend with an ally and then exhaust unflappable to draw a card since you didn't take any damage to your hero (or Alter-Ego if you defend for another player with an ally). That would break the card. But it's extremely unclear with the current ruling of "Just do what makes the most sense."

I like the thematics so it just bothers me when a rule messes with that. Why does Tail Sweep stun a character that is not even taking the attack? But you can get around such things with imagination: the tail sweep hits the defender (they take the damage) and knocks them into the hero (who is stunned).

3 hours ago, Cable2 said:

I like the thematics so it just bothers me when a rule messes with that. Why does Tail Sweep stun a character that is not even taking the attack? But you can get around such things with imagination: the tail sweep hits the defender (they take the damage) and knocks them into the hero (who is stunned).

It doesn’t, it only stuns if no attack was made at all. (And scorpion only stuns if a character takes damage). So you could block with an ally and it would be stunned.

31 minutes ago, Derrault said:

It doesn’t, it only stuns if no attack was made at all. (And scorpion only stuns if a character takes damage). So you could block with an ally and it would be stunned.

As per my above question, I am talking about Tail Sweep's Boost ability. It results in your hero being stunned even if the attack being boosted is made against an ally.

11 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Because they don't want you to be able to defend with an ally and then exhaust unflappable to draw a card since you didn't take any damage to your hero (or Alter-Ego if you defend for another player with an ally). That would break the card. But it's extremely unclear with the current ruling of "Just do what makes the most sense."

Yeah, that is too op. I hope they also change the defense ruling. Some cards it makes sense with, like back flip and shield block, but cards like warning it's just sad. It even reads, when a hero would take any amount of damage ect. But, since it has the defense trait, it can only be used on yourself. Which, I'm fine with making a card like that, but the wording's all off for this one. The other's at least have context for it only working on themselves.

3 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Yeah, that is too op. I hope they also change the defense ruling. Some cards it makes sense with, like back flip and shield block, but cards like warning it's just sad. It even reads, when a hero would take any amount of damage ect. But, since it has the defense trait, it can only be used on yourself. Which, I'm fine with making a card like that, but the wording's all off for this one. The other's at least have context for it only working on themselves.

Yeaaah I haven’t bothered to play with Warning yet (I think it’s probably best in a bigger game), but I would have to ignore the defense keyword there. It’s clearly not designed to work that way.

19 hours ago, Cable2 said:

As per my above question, I am talking about Tail Sweep's Boost ability. It results in your hero being stunned even if the attack being boosted is made against an ally.

Ah yes, of course it also stuns you (the identity) even if the villain is scheming.

9 hours ago, Derrault said:

Ah yes, of course it also stuns you (the identity) even if the villain is scheming.

Scorpions are sneaky like that. Sting you when you are least expecting it :)

2 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Scorpions are sneaky like that. Sting you when you are least expecting it :)

Kind of like a tax bill then?

Avengers Tower (if you are add a non Avenger ally later, does the limit go back down?)

Thank you.

3 hours ago, vmoss said:

Avengers Tower (if you are add a non Avenger ally later, does the limit go back down?)

Thank you.

Correct. Avengers Tower only increases your Ally limit for as long as your Allies all have the Avengers trait.