Artifacts Unbound - High Republic - OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

57 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Can I flip a DP (or make a Vigilance check) to go ahead and purchase one? It would make sense for Espio's loadout.

@Bellona

Sure, you can flip a DP and get one. What does it do again? You throw it onto a ship and it allows you to track it wherever you go?

21 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Seek potential stampede : 2eF 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

@Sincereagape I’d also like to make a Xenology check, if possible?

Sure average xenology check with a setupback to represent first time being on the planet.

21 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@Sincereagape

I might need to re-think Vigdis' emotional strength/weakness, but I need a few days to sort it out properly.

(I have the feeling that she's leaning a bit towards being somewhat of a "pragmatic opportunist" ... :D )

Sure. That is fine with me.

3 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

@Bellona

Sure, you can flip a DP and get one. What does it do again? You throw it onto a ship and it allows you to track it wherever you go?

From No Disintegrations:

As long as a homing beacon is functional, the person who activated it may trace the associated target across the galaxy. No tests are required, so long as the target travels within known systems. A homing beacon remains functional indefinitely, unless it is deactivated.

Am I to understand that Bellona will be spending the credits and adding it to her inventory?

Xenology : 3eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-s.png a--.png a-s-a.png p-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png s--.png

No help here...

Would the Seek check help then, without specific knowledge, or is that idea kaput now? @Sincereagape

43 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

From No Disintegrations:

Am I to understand that Bellona will be spending the credits and adding it to her inventory?

Vigdis ain't got the credits for that (single digit balance!), therefore the question of finding, crafting, or if someone else had it along. :)

Just now, Bellona said:

Vigdis ain't got the credits for that (single digit balance!), therefore the question of finding, crafting, or if someone else had it along. :)

I'll get it then. That was what I was anticipating, but since @Sincereagape tagged you, I wasn't sure.

I'll flip that DP, spend the credits, and add it to my sheet then.

The beacon will function anywhere where there is a holonet. So going beyond the frontier would put paid to that idea, unless there are some ancient holonet relays still functional out there.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

The beacon will function anywhere where there is a holonet. So going beyond the frontier would put paid to that idea, unless there are some ancient holonet relays still functional out there.

Need... more... info... *dehydrated gasp/croak*

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Bellona , just saying I'm in a desert of info for this time period. It's a feeling I'm not used to and don't like very much. XD

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

My thought is that the borders of the Republic and associated political entities have probably waxed and waned over the millenia - particularly if one takes Legends into account. Plus apparently no political entity is eager to mess with BoSS' navigational buoys and the holonet relays, as everyone makes use of them.

(Kind of like how I read once that African warlords won't sabotage mobile/cell network towers even in enemy areas, as they want to use the relays themselves.)

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Xenology : 3eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-s.png a--.png a-s-a.png p-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png s--.png

No help here...

Would the Seek check help then, without specific knowledge, or is that idea kaput now? @Sincereagape

If someone in the future makes a survival check, or another knowledge xenology check then they would get a boost based off the roll.

@Everyone - I was looking at the map. Going to be switching door 2 and 3. Door 2 is where the larger cargo containers are coming out of on lifts. Door 3 has regular foot traffic activity.

6 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

@Everyone - I was looking at the map. Going to be switching door 2 and 3. Door 2 is where the larger cargo containers are coming out of on lifts. Door 3 has regular foot traffic activity.

I'll edit my IC post accordingly.

@Sincereagape Since I'm only on reserve I'm not sure if you would like me in the discord or not but I'll give my handle here just in case:

James_Legless#5721

Also if you're using a server in there to host all of this I could give you a hand if you need it. I've never run a big server before but I'm more than familiar with how to set up stuff behind the scenes

@April - When you get a chance. Make a Hard (3 purple) Piloting space check to land the ship with 2 blue boost.

Once April makes the landing. Anyone can make stealth checks to get closer to the base. From the north side it will be a steal check vs average diff w/1 upgrade.

From the southside stealth check vs 2 reds.

Both stealth rolls have two blue boost as of now.

2 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

@April - When you get a chance. Make a Hard (3 purple) Piloting space check to land the ship with 2 blue boost.

Once April makes the landing. Anyone can make stealth checks to get closer to the base. From the north side it will be a steal check vs average diff w/1 upgrade.

From the southside stealth check vs 2 reds.

Both stealth rolls have two blue boost as of now.

Landing : 3eD+2eB+3eP 4 successes, 2 threat
I’m not sure if that’s going to bite me

1 hour ago, April said:

Landing : 3eD+2eB+3eP 4 successes, 2 threat
I’m not sure if that’s going to bite me

Not the worst thing just negates the two boost advantage on any stealth check they make while landing thorkan bumps into a boulder or tree branch, causing no damage to the ship, but just putting the mercs at the base on edge. They don’t know the group is here rather it spoils them.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Sincereagape said:

On second thought. I may add a single Padawan NPC to the group to build upon Thorkan the Hutt's backstory.

The Padawan will be under the tutelage of either Vigdis, Astrid, Savah, or Foggy. Are there any volunteers who would like to take on a Padawan? Any who abstain? Otherwise, I will roll the dice of fate....

Thorkan would have known multiple padawans via passing or actually travelling with for a while. If any reached out to him. The Hutt would probably break any and all laws if it meant saving them ( as he sees them as the legacy of his adoptive parent, he’s also quite ashamed.. that he failed so badly)

Current state: The ship has landed near the base. The group was able to find a good place to land that would be hidden from prying eyes. The landing caused a slight disturbance causing guards at the base to 'be on edge.' Xenology check to find some creatures to stampede into the base and cause a distraction was unsucccessful. The group was able to p/u tracks however of creatures with large 4 toed marks in the ground.

Currently the group has the ability to charge/stealth the north side or south side of teb base.

North side: Cargo door and a smaller supply door (Requires retina scan from the cook).

south side: Guard station with Nikto and the main entrance where a lot of foot traffic is going through.

The group can also try and get to the ship with hard check with 2 upgrades.

2 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

tracks however of creatures with large 4 toed marks in the ground.

How "large"? In other words, what silhouette are the creatures?

My original idea was for the Jedi to scout it out while Espio went to the capital to secure additional support... Is this still on the table? Is there a difficulty to getting back in the air?

Then to the Jedi players, Do you want to go straight in, or do you want Espio/Thorkan to go get support while you investigate the situation and report back with more detailed intel? I'm not sure of numbers for the mercenaries, but I figured having some backup would be helpful.

When I came up with the plan of the Jedi scouting it out, I thought the extent of our intel was a location and a holomap of the surrounding terrain. I didn't realize we actually had holo-footage of the camp. Observing Jedi would still be useful in getting a better idea of numbers, behaviors, etc. but I'll toss this to you guys.

Stealth to ship : 2eA+2eB+1eD+2eC 1 success, 1 Despair
a--.png a-s.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-th.png c-d.png c-th-th.png
Should I go ahead and post, or do you want to resolve the Despair first, so I can include that.

@P-47 Thunderbolt Silhouette 2 for the beast foot prints. I'm okay with whatever you guys decide. I do recommend having the party stay together as it will take you a bit to garner forces from the capitol and bring them to Zirkon's base. Prok might miss the majority of the scene.

@Edgehawk There are three different stealth checks you can make..

1. Coming from the north side. vs 1 purple and 1 red.

2. Coming from the south side vs 2 reds.

3. Heading towards the Corvette/Ship vs 2 reds and 1 purple.

Which one were you making?

PS - The health center that I work at is pretty stressful right now with the atmosphere because there is a COVID case. One of my regular patients is being tested this week due to a fever spike. So posting might be irregular in terms of time and quality. Thanks for understanding!

Just now, Sincereagape said:

I do recommend having the party stay together as it will take you a bit to garner forces from the capitol and bring them to Zirkon's base. Prok might miss the majority of the scene.

Like I said earlier, I didn't understand how much intel we actually had, so I was picturing a small bit of the Jedi scouting, a small bit of Espio gathering support, and then the big event. If the other players would like him to go get support, I'm fine with Espio sitting out some of the scene.

@Bellona , @Xcapobl , @Edgehawk , you're the Jedi. What do you think? Send Espio to get support, or we all just go in? If the latter, I have an idea.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:25 PM, Sincereagape said:

Not the worst thing just negates the two boost advantage on any stealth check they make

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Stealth to ship : 2eA+2eB+1eD+2eC 1 success, 1 Despair
a--.png a-s.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-th.png c-d.png c-th-th.png
Should I go ahead and post, or do you want to resolve the Despair first, so I can include that.

Those Boost weren't supposed to be there, right?

I vote for the northern approach, as it's the least likely to catch the guards' attention.

Is a lock based on a retina scan something that can be "brute force" hacked via the Mechanics skill (as opposed to a finesse-based approach using Computers, a skill in which Vigdis doesn't have any ranks)?

ETA:

Errr, are we splitting the party up into two approaches? I'm getting a bit confused as to which Stealth checks are being/will be rolled by whom for what reasons.

Edited by Bellona