Artifacts Unbound - High Republic - OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

3 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Sure. Sounds good.

Worth +1 or +2 Boost to Thorkan's Piloting check, or should I be rolling something myself?

Edited by Bellona
20 hours ago, Bellona said:

Worth +1 or +2 Boost to Thorkan's Piloting check, or should I be rolling something myself?

+1 to Thorkan's piloting check. I know @April is dealing for their region lockdown at the moment due to COVID-19.

Is there a way to shrink the MB size of a JPEG or PDF picture? I am using my Star Wars Maps for the story and have a map of Zirkon's base. I cannot up load it because the size of the pic is 2.24 MB. Or can someone host my picture as a URL?

10 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Is there a way to shrink the MB size of a JPEG or PDF picture? I am using my Star Wars Maps for the story and have a map of Zirkon's base. I cannot up load it because the size of the pic is 2.24 MB. Or can someone host my picture as a URL?

You could start a Discord server for this campaign. That's what Edgehawk did for pictures from Reach of the Empire. I've used Google Slides before to share strings of photos.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You could start a Discord server for this campaign. That's what Edgehawk did for pictures from Reach of the Empire. I've used Google Slides before to share strings of photos.

Okay. Will do. What is your 4 digit tag? Mine is 2169 user name is kmc2751

Otherwise I can do a narrative description.

6 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Okay. Will do. What is your 4 digit tag? Mine is 2169 user name is kmc2751

P-47 Thunderbolt#8994 (very original, I know)

I'm not really familiar with Discord - does one have to sign up just to look at something?

4 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I'm not really familiar with Discord - does one have to sign up just to look at something?

Yes, but it's pretty easy to sign up.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, but it's pretty easy to sign up.

I already did that not too long ago, then got horribly confused as to how the whole thing worked so I never went back again.

15 hours ago, Bellona said:

I already did that not too long ago, then got horribly confused as to how the whole thing worked so I never went back again.

Well, for the purposes of seeing pictures posted on a server, you just need to be signed in. Then you click on the server invitation (either a link or a message sent to your discord account) and an icon for the server will appear on the left-hand sidebar. Then you just click that to go to the server and view whatever's been posted there.

35 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well, for the purposes of seeing pictures posted on a server, you just need to be signed in. Then you click on the server invitation (either a link or a message sent to your discord account) and an icon for the server will appear on the left-hand sidebar. Then you just click that to go to the server and view whatever's been posted there.

Then I suggest a link posted here.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, Sincereagape said:

you can make an average perception check with 1 setback (first time to planet/region). to find a suitable place to drop them off.

Was I supposed to go ahead and do this now, or am I supposed to be waiting on something?

Also, any Boost or anything from Astrid's check? She mentioned Boost to the drop-off, but I'd need to make this check before we know whether or not there is a drop-off, right?

Sorry about the small delay. There was a COVID-19 case at our center yesterday. Post is up.

I'm new to discord myself.

https://discordapp.com/channels/695372370579554355/695372370579554359

Try this. If you have a discord account please post your user name and 4 digit code. Mine is kmc2751#2169.

Once we become friends on discord i can send an invite to the server.

@P-47 Thunderbolt Astrid is using her boosts for the stealth check and piloting check 😞

Average perception with 1 setback to find a good landing spot.

My Discord user name is: Bellona#8647

¨Discord friend requests have been sent to:

kmc2751#2169

P-47 Thunderbolt#8994

Edgehawk #6944

MrTInce#1674

Edited by Bellona
1 hour ago, Sincereagape said:

Average perception with 1 setback to find a good landing spot.

Being blind as a bat (Boost from gear): Perception : 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes
p-s.png a-s.png a-a.png b-s.png d-f.png d-th.png s--.png

Ooo! I succeeded. No Advantage sadly, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Am I correct in interpreting that the left of the map is the building and it is covered since we don't have visual access on it yet? Just trying to make sure I understand the layout right.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
10 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Being blind as a bat (Boost from gear): Perception : 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes
p-s.png a-s.png a-a.png b-s.png d-f.png d-th.png s--.png

Ooo! I succeeded. No Advantage sadly, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Am I correct in interpreting that the left of the map is the building and it is covered since we don't have visual access on it yet? Just trying to make sure I understand the layout right.

The left side of the map on Discord is the building and is covered b/c it is yet to be discovered. You are correct.

Based off the perception roll, Prok notices two potential landing spots. One from the north, and another towards the south. Disadvantages would have led from the south, advantage or truimph would given you access to all areas.

Just now, Sincereagape said:

One from the north, and another towards the south. Disadvantages would have led from the south, advantage or truimph would given you access to all areas.

So the south entrance isn't ideal? What do you mean by "access to all areas"?

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So the south entrance isn't ideal? What do you mean by "access to all areas"?

You would have been able to approach from the East. (Otherside of the Corvette by the Humming bld and Refresher/break building)

And yes, southside would not be ideal. But always an option.

Edited by Sincereagape

My discord: MrTInce#1674

I'm worried about the possibility of that corvette getting away (possibly with prisoners on board so that we don't want just to shoot it down) ...

Do we have or can we obtain (or craft) a Holonet Homing Beacon (No Disintegrations p. 53; cost 500 credits, rarity 3, Enc. 0)?

Can I flip a DP (or make a Vigilance check) to go ahead and purchase one? It would make sense for Espio's loadout.

And am I correct in thinking that we have no "space druid" Seeker or the like who can find a large herd of indigenous wildlife to stampede into the encampment, preferaby from the south? :D

I would not really call her a “space druid,” except that she is decidedly more neutral than most Jedi representatives. Astrid does have Seek in her repertoire, however, and her cousin might know it. It was your idea, so go ahead and make the suggestion IC if you wish. @Bellona

@Sincereagape

I might need to re-think Vigdis' emotional strength/weakness, but I need a few days to sort it out properly.

(I have the feeling that she's leaning a bit towards being somewhat of a "pragmatic opportunist" ... :D )