Artifacts Unbound - High Republic - OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Maneuver 1 to get into close range.

Maneuver 2 (at cost of 2 strain) to get into engaged status with a fresh minion group (right-most?)

Action Lightsaber combat check against the minion group.

Lightsaber combat check : 3eP+2eD+1eF 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png f-ds.png

I turn that 1 advantage into a critical to take down one minion, and the others suffer 11 damage with Breach 1.

Savah decides to stay focused and in control, so I ignore that Dark Side Force point. She does not strike in anger.

1 hour ago, Xcapobl said:

Maneuver 1 to get into close range.

Maneuver 2 (at cost of 2 strain) to get into engaged status with a fresh minion group (right-most?)

Action Lightsaber combat check against the minion group.

Lightsaber combat check : 3eP+2eD+1eF 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png f-ds.png

I turn that 1 advantage into a critical to take down one minion, and the others suffer 11 damage with Breach 1.

Savah decides to stay focused and in control, so I ignore that Dark Side Force point. She does not strike in anger.

-Great. That attack can take down 1 entire minion group.

Updated initiative order with @Bellona roll. @P-47 Thunderbolt is next. Note minion groups 4+5 will be heading to engage the Jedi. @P-47 Thunderbolt Can attack minion groups 4 + 5 with a long ranged attack. Grys the Nikto is currently at Medium from Prok Espio.

Edited by Sincereagape

@P-47 Thunderbolt Note adversary 1 addition to Grys the Nikto. Thanks.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, Bellona said:

@Sincereagape

I might need to re-think Vigdis' emotional strength/weakness, but I need a few days to sort it out properly.

(I have the feeling that she's leaning a bit towards being somewhat of a "pragmatic opportunist" ... :D )

Malleability/Indecision (Endless Vigil p. 17 and Keeping the Peace p. 17, respectively) are the closest that I've found so far. I'll run with those two.

Prok Espio:

Incidental: Quick Draw
Maneuver: Aim
2nd Maneuver (2 Strain): Aim
Action: Fire at Grys: Criminal Entanglements : 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes
p-s-a.png p-s.png a--.png b-a-a.png b--.png c-th.png d-th.png s-th.png

Extra die (I intended to Aim as much as I could, but I forgot I had Quick Draw so I took a Maneuver to draw the weapon when I didn't have to. If you'd rather I stick with the original roll, that would be 10 damage and pass on a Boost with the Advantage from the Laser Sight. No real narrative reason for that given the lack of proximity, but he doesn't have any Strain to recover): forgot a die : 1eB 0 successes, 1 advantage
b-a.png

10 damage (not strain), 1 Advantage from the Laser Sight plus the Advantage on the roll to trigger Ensnare 1. For one round, the target may not perform any Maneuvers until they pass a Hard Athletics check (an action).

Can I make some sort of roll to look for something that would explode if I shot it?

8 minutes ago, April said:

Can I make some sort of roll to look for something that would explode if I shot it?

Sure. I'll make it a average perception check with 1 upgrade. 1 red + 1 purple.

Edited by Sincereagape
24 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Sure. I'll make it a average perception check with 1 upgrade. 1 red + 1 purple.

Well hutts are not known for their observation

Looking for... : 3eA+2eD+1eC 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png d--.png d-th.png c-f-th.png

guessing upgrade meant turning a green to a yellow.. but wasn’t sure so just rolled 3greens to be sure

Average is 2purple? Or did you mean 3 plus 1red?

Edited by April
Just now, April said:

guessing upgrade meant turning a green to a yellow.. but wasn’t sure so just rolled 3greens to be sure

The upgrade applied to the difficulty of Average, which is why it was 1 red, 1 purple. You also rolled 1 additional difficulty die, so that'd be up to @Sincereagape as to how the roll applies.

3 minutes ago, April said:

Average is 2purple? Or did you mean 3 plus 1red?

Feel free to re-roll. Perception vs 1 red and 1 purple. the upgrade is in reference to making one of the purples turn red.

Look ( re roll) : 3eA+1eD+1eC 3 successes, 2 threat
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png c-th-th.png

it was kinda better

@Sincereagape

Vigdis takes her turn after Prok.

I need to know how close Vigdis is to that northernmost door after the successful Stealth check to sneak into the camp (i.e., a Manoeuvre to get to the door, or more/less?).

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

@Sincereagape

Vigdis takes her turn after Prok.

I need to know how close Vigdis is to that northernmost door after the successful Stealth check to sneak into the camp (i.e., a Manoeuvre to get to the door, or more/less?).

She is in medium range of the door

6 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

She is in medium range of the door

Then Vigdis will use 2 manoeuvres to reach Short range of the door (suffering +1 Strain), and her action to "maintain stealth", i.e. a Stealth check if that's possible.

Is the Stealth difficulty still 2 upgraded once, or has it changed?

Also, how noisy/noticeable is an activated lightsabre once the others have begun combat? Once the fight begins I'm wondering if Vigdis can activate hers without breaking out of stealth mode. (I'm assuming that the action is is occuring closer to the middle of the map than Vigdis, possibly on the other side of the cooking shack from her - please correct me if I'm wrong!)

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

Then Vigdis will use 2 manoeuvres to reach Short range of the door (suffering +1 Strain), and her action to "maintain stealth", i.e. a Stealth check if that's possible.

Is the Stealth difficulty still 2 upgraded once, or has it changed?

Also, how noisy/noticeable is an activated lightsabre once the others have begun combat? Once the fight begins I'm wondering if Vigdis can activate hers without breaking out of stealth mode. (I'm assuming that the action is is occuring closer to the middle of the map than Vigdis, possibly on the other side of the cooking shack from her - please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Viggy should be fine. There is already a lot of chaos going on that the enemies will be focusing on the rest of the group. Viggy is able to get to the door using 2 manuevrs and then using her action to attempt to break into the door (If you would like).

Hard skill check (Computers, Mechanics,, or Skullduggery) with 1 upgrade ( I flipped a destiny point which is already reflected in the OOC post). There will be 1 setback added to the roll to represent the chaos/stress of the situation.

(2 purples, 1 red, and 1 black) vs Viggy's roll.

@April Good news: Thorkan the Hutt is able to spot a flammable 'oil drum' that can explore upon impact.

Bad news: The 2 disadvantages - The oil drum is near the cook's shack. Meaning, the blast affect would harm everyone within engaged range of that, which includes @Xcapobl and @Edgehawk

40 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Viggy should be fine. There is already a lot of chaos going on that the enemies will be focusing on the rest of the group. Viggy is able to get to the door using 2 manuevrs and then using her action to attempt to break into the door (If you would like).

Hard skill check (Computers, Mechanics,, or Skullduggery) with 1 upgrade ( I flipped a destiny point which is already reflected in the OOC post). There will be 1 setback added to the roll to represent the chaos/stress of the situation.

(2 purples, 1 red, and 1 black) vs Viggy's roll.

Okay, then Vigdis will use 2 Manoeuvres (for +1 Strain) to reach the door.

Quick Draw talent (Incidental) to pull out her personal tool kit.

She will then try to brute force hack the retina scanner lock using Mechanics, the Manipulate power, and her personal tool kit (+1 Advantage) ...

Mechanics to "brute force" retina scan lock, w. Manipulate power and +1 Adv. (tool kit). : 2eP+1eA+2eF+2eD+1eC+1eS 2 failures, 1 advantage, 2 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-f.png d-th-th.png c-f-f.png s-f.png

Result (+1 Advantage from tool kit, declining to use the DS pips): 2 Failures, 2 Advantages

Well, that was a bust. May I use the 2 Advantages to allow myself to try again on my next turn?

ETA: IC post made.

@MrTInce You're up next! :)

Edited by Bellona
IC status update
27 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Okay, then Vigdis will use 2 Manoeuvres (for +1 Strain) to reach the door.

Quick Draw talent (Incidental) to pull out her personal tool kit.

She will then try to brute force hack the retina scanner lock using Mechanics, the Manipulate power, and her personal tool kit (+1 Advantage) ...

Mechanics to "brute force" retina scan lock, w. Manipulate power and +1 Adv. (tool kit). : 2eP+1eA+2eF+2eD+1eC+1eS 2 failures, 1 advantage, 2 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-f.png d-th-th.png c-f-f.png s-f.png

Result (+1 Advantage from tool kit, declining to use the DS pips): 2 Failures, 2 Advantages

Well, that was a bust. May I use the 2 Advantages to allow myself to try again on my next turn?

Yes. That is fine. Next roll will be vs three purples and still one setback.

Okay. Time to shoot a minion. Will Maneuver to take out the blaster, 2nd to aim for a strain, then shoot at the weakened minion group.

And a miss...

Shoot the minions : 2eA+1eB+2eD 0 successes, 2 threat
a-s.png a--.png b-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png

How do you want to spend some strain?

Edited by MrTInce
50 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Okay. Time to shoot a minion. Will Maneuver to take out the blaster, 2nd to aim for a strain, then shoot at the weakened minion group.

And a miss...

Shoot the minions : 2eA+1eB+2eD 0 successes, 2 threat
a-s.png a--.png b-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png

How do you want to spend some strain?

Theee choices:

1. Suffer 2 strain

2 add a 1 setback to both Xcap or edgehawks next action

3. Add two setback to either xcap or edgehawk

Maybe foggy almosts hits one of them with his shot or shoots up debris temporarily blinding or affecting their attack?

3 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

Theee choices:

1. Suffer 2 strain

2 add a 1 setback to both Xcap or edgehawks next action

3. Add two setback to either xcap or edgehawk

Maybe foggy almosts hits one of them with his shot or shoots up debris temporarily blinding or affecting their attack?

I'll take the strain.

Who wants a stat boost?

Edited by MrTInce

As you could see, and with a bit of luck of the dice, Savah is quite the minion-killer, so perhaps Astrid would use the boost before Savah? Especially as she is in combat with most of them now?

Grys the Nikto's turn resolved in the IC thread.

@April 's turn.

@Xcapobl @Bellona @MrTInce @Edgehawk @P-47 Thunderbolt

Mr Tince and I have been collaborating regarding Foggy's character development. There is a chance Foggy might explore the dark side. Maybe Mr. Tince can explain it better.

Foggy will not be going the route of murder hobo. More, I'll touch upon the dark side to protect my friends. More Wolverine and as opposed to Palpatine. Wanted to make sure the rest of you are okay with that going forward because I mentioned in the OOC regarding no evil characters. I am okay with it because @MrTInce is a PC that I trust. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Mr Tince and I have been collaborating regarding Foggy's character development. There is a chance Foggy might explore the dark side. Maybe Mr. Tince can explain it better.

Foggy will not be going the route of murder hobo. More, I'll touch upon the dark side to protect my friends. More Wolverine and as opposed to Palpatine. Wanted to make sure the rest of you are okay with that going forward because I mentioned in the OOC regarding no evil characters. I am okay with it because @MrTInce is a PC that I trust. Thanks.

Interesting. Going by the morality score on SWSheets, that's going to be either a very long (time-wise) or a very steep drop. And I'm blinking a bit at the concept of the Wolverine-esque Healer! :)

On the other hand I know full well that Healers can be deadly (and gain conflict), particularly when they twist the Heal power into the Harm variant.

As a player, I'll be a curious bystander. As Vigdis, I'll either be somewhat oblivious or possibly worried, depending upon the situation's context. (Malleability strength/Indecision weakness for the win!)

2 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

Grys the Nikto's turn resolved in the IC thread.

(Whoops, nearly put this in the IC. Gotta get used to the new style :D )

It's only Ensnare 1, so it'll drop next round (unless I hit him with it again). It's an energy net that dissipates after a short amount of time. Just letting you know in case you want to use the Advantages for something else.

Narratively, the Boost still makes sense as it could be described as him being more prepared for it, or now having "practice" trying to break free from the energy net.