THE MANDALORIAN, in a Civilized Age

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

The Genius of a fan who edited Bill Burr’s stand up on top of this Mado scene

5 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

Filoni is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, going to do anything other than lean into everything Lucas does. He worships that man, it's not more complicated than that.

You like it better the way Rian Johnson and J. J. Abrams did it?

14 minutes ago, Triangular said:

You like it better the way Rian Johnson and J. J. Abrams did it?

Doesn't matter, besides a few influences he picked up from The last air bender Filoni has spent more time with and is basically a disciple of Lucas (as mentioned above) in his direction and storytelling of star wars.

7 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

Doesn't matter, besides a few influences he picked up from The last air bender Filoni has spent more time with and is basically a disciple of Lucas (as mentioned above) in his direction and storytelling of star wars.

Filoni definitely brings his own quirks and obsessions into it though. Like he really loves wolves, and they show up in Clone Wars and Rebels. Just waiting for them to show up in Mandalorian.

He's also more into the expanded universe Manalorian stuff, which Lucas never really seemed interested in. In fact Lucas straight up retconned it all away with the first Mandalorian story arc in Clone Wars, it was only in the subsequent seasons that Filoni brought back the warrior culture. And it wasnt until this season of Mandalorian that Jango got re-canonized as part of The Creed.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:28 AM, ninclouse2000 said:

Ugh this by thread is starting to remind me again that Star Wars fans suck. They find so little enjoyment in something they claim to love.

This thread have been mostly positive and people enjoying the show. Having some issues with the series finale doesn't mean I suck and can't enjoy star wars. You don't have to love everything just because you are a fan you know . 😉

For me it comes from the fact that this show was so good and when it suddenly felt a little mediocre it really stood out. For the series I would say it's the best live action star wars since rotj. Honorable mentions to the space battle in rouge one and the millennium falcon jakku scene in awakens.

However having this series finale being a single episode vs a 2-part like the first season really showed. It was over quite fast and left alot of questions. I wouldn't say bad, but it felt rushed to fix every thing brought up earlier in the series. Boba, the child, dark troopers, the dark saber... everything.

After season 1 I felt like I finally got some good star wars for a old trilogy fan and the sky was the limit. Now I wonder if this series got much juice left, they might surprise us with a bunch of new stuff in seasons 3 though. However I still had a blast with 15/16 episodes and that is saying a lot for a series like this. I would say the last 5 minutes felt rushed and that's about it. Unlike the last jedi that took a dump on the thing I love right in front of me, the season finale was just a small ***** in the beskar.

I just don't get the whole fans can't criticise or dislike something they like. It's such a fanatical way of viewing the world IMO.

Edited by jocke01
2 hours ago, jocke01 said:

This thread have been mostly positive and people enjoying the show. Having some issues with the series finale doesn't mean I suck and can't enjoy star wars. You don't have to love everything just because you are a fan you know . 😉

For me it comes from the fact that this show was so good and when it suddenly felt a little mediocre it really stood out. For the series I would say it's the best live action star wars since rotj. Honorable mentions to the space battle in rouge one and the millennium falcon jakku scene in awakens.

However having this series finale being a single episode vs a 2-part like the first season really showed. It was over quite fast and left alot of questions. I wouldn't say bad, but it felt rushed to fix every thing brought up earlier in the series. Boba, the child, dark troopers, the dark saber... everything.

After season 1 I felt like I finally got some good star wars for a old trilogy fan and the sky was the limit. Now I wonder if this series got much juice left, they might surprise us with a bunch of new stuff in seasons 3 though. However I still had a blast with 15/16 episodes and that is saying a lot for a series like this. I would say the last 5 minutes felt rushed and that's about it. Unlike the last jedi that took a dump on the thing I love right in front of me, the season finale was just a small ***** in the beskar.

I just don't get the whole fans can't criticise or dislike something they like. It's such a fanatical way of viewing the world IMO.

My point is no matter what they try to do, fans moan. They complained about how Luke acted in last Jedi so they give a full Powered Luke and we get more complaints. The creators of the content just can’t win.

9 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

My point is no matter what they try to do, fans moan. They complained about how Luke acted in last Jedi so they give a full Powered Luke and we get more complaints. The creators of the content just can’t win.

Yeah, that's life for ya, you will never please everyone 😋 .

However I have been going to this thread after every season 2 episode and it's been 90% positive thoughts and speculations on the future. So I disagree with this thread being a whiny fans thread.

20 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

They complained about how Luke acted in last Jedi so they give a full Powered Luke and we get more complaints. The creators of the content just can’t win.

I don't think that's the complaint though. The episodes were directed differently. There was a definite drop off in the last episode. The tension wasn't created when it should have been there between Mando and BoKatan. Moff Gideon fight scene was lackluster and we had to watch Luke on a backyard security camera. I was expecting more menace feom the daek troopers other than some pounding on the door.

I like the show, i didn't like how they handled some scenes.

I liked Rogue One, but there were some severe miscues in that movie as well. Nothing will be perfect for everyone.

Edited by buckero0
4 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

It's amazing how much wrongness there can be to unpick in such a small comment 😝

Firstly, fandoms are not hiveminds. The fact that 100% of everyone who's ever expressed interest in an IP is never going to like every bit of content created for it isn't actually a problem for the creators of content unless they're consistently making stuff that doesn't appeal to big chunks of the fanbase, or worse creating content aimed at deliberately crapping on what big chunks of the fanbase actually liked about said IP. Acting like "you can't please everybody" is some kind of stunning revelation that uniquely marks out Star Wars fans as bad eggs is a nonsense. The only reason Mando is so make-or-break for a lot of fans is the state of the rest of the content released since the Disney acquisition.

Secondly, execution matters. If you go to a deli and order a ham salad sandwich, there's a wide range of possible outcomes there which technically meet the definition of what you ordered, but as a customer you might be inclined to reject as unacceptable - maybe it's got nob-all ham on it, maybe its drowned in dressing to the point it's soggy, maybe you noticed the guy making it didn't wash his hands, maybe the bread is undercooked, heck, maybe the guy literally cops a squat and craps on top of the filling. They're all "a ham sandwich", so by your logic, you have no right to complain and should just uncritically take whatever you're given - they met the letter of your request, everything else is irrelevant right? 🙄

I thought Luke was great. I enjoyed the episode. That doesn't mean I can't understand why some people found the CGI unnerving, or the pacing a little wonky, or whatever else. It doesn't mean I can't see and/or discuss flaws in it myself.

Edited by Yodhrin
7 hours ago, jocke01 said:

For me it comes from the fact that this show was so good and when it suddenly felt a little mediocre it really stood out

This sums it up quite well for me too, actually. Overall it was a great season, it was just this episode that felt mediocre and since it was the finale and came after a stellar season it stood out more. Its all good though, Star Wars is so vast and sprawling now that its impossible to love it all (every movie, every book, every episode of every animated series and lego holiday special and video game).

We critique the things that we care about, just like we are sometimes critical of the people we care about. It doesnt mean we dont love them, it just means that we have faith they can do better.

wb18v3weqg661.jpg

This begs the question (which should not be debated on these forums)

What is Grogu doing while Rey and company are bungling around? Or did Kylo Ren murder him in a tent?

20 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

This begs the question (which should not be debated on these forums)

What is Grogu doing while Rey and company are bungling around? Or did Kylo Ren murder him in a tent?

As best I can tell, he wasn't present during the incident with Ben Solo, but with the new stuff taking canon priority we could be looking at a retcon of stuff already established in the new expanded universe media.

Essentially it boils down to 2 pieces of media I've seen so far:

Snoke talked about manipulating Luke (Through Ben) into starting a Jedi Temple, as Luke was unwilling to do so opting to study the origins of the Jedi religion and expand his knowledge of the force instead. (TLJ novelization). This hasn't necessarily been contradicted yet, as taking Grogu as a Padawan, or even training him individually, doesn't count as creating a temple.

The Kylo Ren comic series had no mention of Grogu at the camp.

This tells me if they're not planning to retcon their EU material (more than they already have) that Grogu likely doesn't stop his adventure with Luke, but is ultimately given to another to be fully trained. (Ezra, Ahsoka, ect ect…) This fits within he idea that Snoke used Ben to force Luke into training Jedi presented in the novelization, and it also fits with the theme of Ben being the center of Luke's attention at the temple presented in the Kylo comics.

Of course, it's quite possible that Disney's new direction with expanded media via Disney plus may overwrite what they were doing with books and comics.

Time will tell. If Grogu was there, and he survived, this will be the second Jedi purge he has escaped. That's gonna be one messed up kid.

18 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Time will tell. If Grogu was there, and he survived, this will be the second Jedi purge he has escaped. That's gonna be one messed up kid.

HaHA

I just hope they don't stick him on a swamp eating toads or whatever and claim that all of that species desires solitude. Yoda didn't go to the swamp until he had already live 800 years give or take and was forced into solitude by a galactic jedi holocaust essentially.

Hopefully he's out gallivanting in the outer rim trying to find his surrogate metal-headed father and is still too immature to be a threat to Emperor part deux - the clone or whatever. Grogu's already 50 years old so maybe in 5-10 years when Ben killed everyone he's having a teenage tantrum at 65 and chasing girls

Edited by buckero0

j8co56fgmj661.jpg

The Book of Boba Fett, a new Original series, staring Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen and executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez, set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to Disney Plus Dec. 2021

From what I saw, BoBF is going to push out Mando season 3. So we'll get Ahsoka and Boba 12/2021. Then Mando sometime in 2022.

14 minutes ago, Weikel said:

From what I saw, BoBF is going to push out Mando season 3.

Disney confirmed season 3 of The Mandalorian starts around Christmas 2021 at the investor's day presentation. Have they released new info to counter that?

55 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Disney confirmed season 3 of The Mandalorian starts around Christmas 2021 at the investor's day presentation. Have they released new info to counter that?

Yeah, Favreau said Kathleen Kennedy actually said the "next chapter" was happening Christmas 2021. So verbal shenanigans to not give away the Boba spin off.

Anyone else think Bo-Katan's haircut looks like someone put a watermelon on her head and just cut what was left.

I do not accept you purrrfect gift

Bo-katan.jpg

The moment the Mando came into the room with the Darksaber:
0IRdwi0.png

6 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

j8co56fgmj661.jpg

The Book of Boba Fett, a new Original series, staring Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen and executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez, set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to Disney Plus Dec. 2021

Rodriguez? Now if only Disney would allow it a higher than pg rating 🤔

Shouldn't it be the Datapad of Boba Fett? I haven't ever seen a book in SW

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

Shouldn't it be the Datapad of Boba Fett? I haven't ever seen a book in SW

There were books in episodes 8 and 9 of the new trilogy. The ancient jedi texts.

Well i ******* loved it, abrams and johnson can go bury themselves

@Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun My lord, what is the plan for this thread now that FFG has announced the shutdown of the forums?