THE MANDALORIAN, in a Civilized Age

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

My Dark Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen,

In one way or another, however big or small, we are ALL Star Wars fans here.

Let’s try this again shall we?

5mbrcr9fly951.jpg

Have a lovely weekend.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

The Mandalorian has me thinking about sourcing a few of the old plastic D20 minis of the Mandalorians.

m4g5wu0devy31.png

I have to admit I let out a bit of a chuckle when I got on after a few days and saw the last thread was locked. It was full of pleasant discussion when I left it last. I'm glad this thread is back up.

I am extremely hyped that a live-action Star Wars show is (for now) being generally well-received. Now I'm looking forward to Kenobi, and possibly other series ideas. I suppose it makes sense. If we gave each movie double or triple the screen time I'm sure every era would have excellent character development, a well-developed and thought-out plot, etc. Not to mention the visual/audio effects in just the first episode alone rival anything we've seen on screen so far. Sometimes the easter eggs felt forced, but even then, I don't think they caused any lapse in focus.

Unfortunately, Disney+ is turning my kids into aggressively lazy couch potatoes. Gonna have to end with my free trial. Binge the rest in a few weeks if I can get my wife to sign up for a trial. Then buy the discs.

Edited by TauntaunScout
1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

Unfortunately, Disney+ is turning my kids into aggressively lazy couch potatoes. Gonna have to end with my free trial. Binge the rest in a few weeks if I can get my wife to sign up for a trial. Then but the discs.

Yeah, I had to drag my kids away from Clone Wars yesterday. Going to start rationing it out so they don't go blind from not blinking.

6 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Yeah, I had to drag my kids away from Clone Wars yesterday. Going to start rationing it out so they don't go blind from not blinking.

Today my kids discovered the now defunct Star Wars Action Fleet toy line. Holy cow. I had no idea how strong the Plastic Crack addiction is my family. Don't tell them I just sold a lot of 6 ships NIB for basically nothing.

5 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Please post more big set photos like this. They are so cool! :D

1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

Today my kids discovered the now defunct Star Wars Action Fleet toy line. Holy cow. I had no idea how strong the Plastic Crack addiction is my family.

Genetics

I don't know what happened to the other thread? But I assume it had something to do with a typical someone (they will not be named).

I had a chance to watch the Mandalorian tonight. Great show to fill by GoT void. Conflict, interesting characters, mystery. It is everything that I've wanted in a star wars movie since Rogue One. If star wars goes in this direction, then that's a GOOD thing.

My brother has a wedding reception tomorrow and my wife and I are up making baklava and appetizers... Still waiting for the Fire TV to show up so we can watch The Mandalorian while we do this kind of stuff. I am really hoping that this is an indicator of the quality of future live action Star Wars shows. Obi Wan skulking around in Mos Eisley, fighting scum while young Luke obliviously runs down to Tosche Station for power converters could be pretty fun.

2 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

I assume it had something to do with a typical someone (they will not be named).

😘

In Episode 3 we see the Beskar armor upgrades.

Sad that the last thread got locked. The conversation immediately after the first episode was good and gave me hope for the future. Then the normal divides showed back up. Blah. Let's leave it in other threads, shall we?

On topic: Anyone else feel like Chapter 2 felt like the second half of a pilot episode? Cut out the odd Trandoshan attack, and it flows like a pilot, right down to (spoiler) the Yoda baby using the Force . Be interesting to see where they go from here.

5 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

On topic: Anyone else feel like Chapter 2 felt like the second half of a pilot episode? Cut out the odd Trandoshan attack, and it flows like a pilot, right down to (spoiler) the Yoda baby using the Force . Be interesting to see where they go from here.

I fully agree with this- thought that Chapter 2 was a little slow but it was still really good. Prolly felt like a second half of the pilot because it was so short. Hope the next episode is a bit longer cause only 30 minutes...I WANT MORE 🤣

I feel partially responsible for shutting down the other mandalorian thread...Let's avoid talking about any of the other star wars movies(particularly the PT's and the ST's).

I have loved the Mandalorian, particularly the interactions with his bounty it's awesome.

-Arctic

10 hours ago, ArcticJedi said:

I feel partially responsible for shutting down the other mandalorian thread...

I feel fully responsible for it mentioning certain SW titles by name. I opened Pandora's box.

10 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

The art at the end is captivating, I sit hypnotized by it no matter how many times I see the episodes.

6m8r0puyu6z31.jpg

The Armorer

by trikuza23

blm0zfwv36z31.jpg

- It appears we are trapped. Initiating self destruct sequence.

- You WHAT???

eyyopht6nez31.png

IG - 11’s inspiration, IG - 88, was originally a combustion chamber of a Rolls Royce Derwent mk9 engine.

k3siyp0v3gz31.jpg

🤣