THE MANDALORIAN, in a Civilized Age

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

I liked the episodes, they seemed a tad slow, the part I liked the least was the music for the most part was repetitive and did not sound quite star wars. I think the show has a lot of potential and pretty much never complain about more star wars content. Episode 1 with the bounty droid was quite fun.

The pacing is hard to explain. It definitely works for me at least. It reminds me of some older westerns and war movies.

There are some small details and major plot points that I would have done differently. Still I like it, and I am extremely hard to please.

Another excellent Episode. Hope you guys are liking the series.

txnfpvqdn8041.jpg

tea7qybca9041.jpg

As promised, the near legendary Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Capacity Ice Cream Maker from Cloud City makes an appearance in the Mandalorian.

This however maybe a bit of a stretch ...

dr0ln49h09041.jpg

4 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

As promised, the near legendary Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Capacity Ice Cream Maker from Cloud City makes an appearance in the Mandalorian.

Ahh! That explains it. I was trying to figure out why they were lugging around a garage sale Insta-Pot slow cooker when a paper bag would have worked just fine and been less conspicuous too.

Ep. 3 had a predictable plot but was enjoyable all the same.*

*except for the Top Gun salute. That seemed wrong to me and counter to all the established quiet nodding & brooding & growly manliness & such they have established. It felt like the equivalent of Stormtroopers stopping for a game of hacky-sack and my fan brain yelling "Stormtroopers don't do that!"

I'm gonna need a whistling birds command card.

Mini Spoilers

Mini Spoilers

Upcoming Episode Summary

Episode 4: The Mandalorian teams up with an ex-soldier to protect a village from raiders.

Episode 5: The Mandalorian helps a rookie bounty hunter who is in over his head.

Episode 6: The Mandalorian joins a crew of mercenaries on a dangerous mission.

Wow! Tonight's episode was amazing! Again, we see awesome representation of "generic scum faction corps" in the form of bounty hunters and thugs sent out to get our boy Mando. We also see Mandalorian warriors in action! Jon Favreau's "Heavy Infantry" Mando was particularly awesome. If people still think that Scum isn't viable as a faction, doesn't have enough unit variety or doesn't fit the scope of a Legion battle by the end of this series... Then they probably didn't watch it.

n4la9qnatf041.jpg

rusiawnqtf041.jpg

weedckgjnn041.jpg

Black Series Heavy Mandalorian

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

weedckgjnn041.jpg

Black Series Heavy Mandalorian

Looks great, but that gun needs a repaint

20 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Looks great, but that gun needs a repaint

Most Black Series weapons do. Most of my Clone's DC-15s were solid black or gunmetal, with no detailing, and the same can be said for almost all of my Imperial's weapons.

2 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Most Black Series weapons do. Most of my Clone's DC-15s were solid black or gunmetal, with no detailing, and the same can be said for almost all of my Imperial's weapons.

Kind of unfortunate they skimp on the weapons but I guess it shouldn't be too much of an issue to correct

Finally got around to watching episode 3.

Umm.

Wtf. How is it possible for it to be this good? Someone is finally living up to Star Wars.

If someone would ask me, I'd say I hate the idea of:

• A baby yoda
  • A force using baby
  • Constant carbonite
  • Anything relating in any way to knowing more about the background of Boba Fett, whatsoever
  • Tracking fobs
  • Lots of jetpack flying

And yet, they made this whole series so far totally awesome using these things. I've been hoarding around 10 old metal Boba minis. Wasn't sure what to do with them. Now I know. I should paint them up as the squad comes to the rescue in chapter 3. Watching it subtitled, as I do, I am really enjoying that practically no one has an actual name.

Edited by TauntaunScout
3 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Kind of unfortunate they skimp on the weapons but I guess it shouldn't be too much of an issue to correct

For some reason the new Micro Machine playsets came with just ONE figure instead of the old five. Unless you bought a giant foldout playset, those came with TWO whole figures. Figures of most of the main characters of the movies weren't available at all. And SOMEHOW the line tanked. Weird.

It's almost like cutting corners is a bad idea.

Edited by TauntaunScout

2ekildp5tw041.jpg

4 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Finally got around to watching episode 3.

Umm.

Wtf. How is it possible for it to be this good? Someone is finally living up to Star Wars.

If someone would ask me, I'd say I hate the idea of:

• A baby yoda
  • A force using baby
  • Constant carbonite
  • Anything relating in any way to knowing more about the background of Boba Fett, whatsoever
  • Tracking fobs
  • Lots of jetpack flying

And yet, they made this whole series so far totally awesome using these things. I've been hoarding around 10 old metal Boba minis. Wasn't sure what to do with them. Now I know. I should paint them up as the squad comes to the rescue in chapter 3. Watching it subtitled, as I do, I am really enjoying that practically no one has an actual name.

The Mandalorian is the greatest thing to happen to Star Wars since ESB.

I have spoken.

21 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Yeah, I just gave them minor touch ups and a dry brush. Also creates some variation as some DC-15s can have wooden buttstocks, other black polymer, much like in canon.

8 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Best thing I've read all day. lol Reminds me of this:

ECHLTE0.jpg

Edited by Darth Sanguis

This is the way.

KtbOVhjl.jpg

Apparently devs said they'd like BbyYoda as an objective token? Found this in my old Micro Machines.

Edited by TerranCmdr