Podcast - Fangs Out!

By Jeff Wilder, in X-Wing

While that's a problem too, that's not it. The E-Wing was moved backwards after the initial 3 bank was completed.

3 minutes ago, FlyAndtheMighty said:

I'm not going to deny the gif. I made a mistake. If he hadn't left out the maneuvers afterwards, you would see the other E wing and X Wing both make 3 banks. I can't tell you what my frame of mind was because it was LVO, I was hungover as **** and Tim was right to call me on it.

I apologized, played it as Tim politely asked after I probably attempted to explain, and we had a **** of a game afterwards.

Was doing the three bank instead of the three hard the mistake, as I don't think anyone cares about that part...

6 minutes ago, FlyAndtheMighty said:

I'm not going to deny the gif. I made a mistake. If he hadn't left out the maneuvers afterwards, you would see the other E wing and X Wing both make 3 banks. I can't tell you what my frame of mind was because it was LVO, I was hungover as **** and Tim was right to call me on it.

I apologized, played it as Tim politely asked after I probably attempted to explain, and we had a **** of a game afterwards.

You clearly cheated here though. You moved the ship back almost two ship lengths and didn't return it to its original position before reversing the maneuver. you should have had Tim replace the ship per the rules.

4 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

While that's a problem too, that's not it. The E-Wing was moved backwards after the initial 3 bank was completed.

Ah, I see. There's so much moving back and forth quickly in the GIF, I missed it. That hokey-pokey hanky-panky does look bad, but I'll personally see what Vince has to say about it instead of dog-piling.

FWIW, I've played Vince and seen him play on many occasions, and I've never seen him cheat. I've snapped at him during a game or two, asking him to be clear on his steps, and Drew and I forcefully called him out, on the podcast, for being sloppy with his templates and maneuvers, but that's the extent. (As someone who was called a cheater because I took stress while I had stress to trigger Opportunist, back in 1E, I tend to like to wait before passing judgment.)

I wish we had table audio so I wouldn't have to try to remember what I said if anything because my memory is for ****. If Tim had asked to replace it, I would have said yes. If the judges had said that was the rule, I would have said yes. I definitely would not have fought it and thrown the game on turn 2.

I don't know why I did it, I know it wasn't conscious, I probably thought I had boosted already. You can see if you watch that entire game, I try to play fast because I'm used to a whole other model count and dice amount. Sometimes it bites me in the ***.

As a tip, unconsciously picking up your ships and putting them where you like is probably a habit you want to kick.

If you were attempting to undo a boost you thought you had done, the correct way to do that is to:

1) As k your opponent for a take back.

2) Place the correct template behind the ship.

3) Place the ship with it's front nubs lined up with the back of the template.

Edited by KrisSherriff

Just to be clear, Vince's unconscious (default) x-wing mode is to use manuevers not reflected on his dial, place models wherever he likes, fast roll so as to force others to miss triggers, and to loudly and aggressively shout at people who disagree with this "playstyle."

3 minutes ago, Knitcardigan said:

Just to be clear, Vince's unconscious (default) x-wing mode is to use manuevers not reflected on his dial, place models wherever he likes, fast roll so as to force others to miss triggers, and to loudly and aggressively shout at people who disagree with this "playstyle."

At least 20% of your entire posting history is directed at Vince.

I mean, I think he's single, if that's where you're going.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

At least 20% of your entire posting history is directed at Vince.

SHOCKING

Oh no, I guess we should just all meekly accept your buddy being a bullying cheater.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

No way!

6 minutes ago, Knitcardigan said:

"Derp, derp, now I'm a cool kid! My cat's breath smells like cat food!"

There is nothing I love better than the irony of a high-school cowardly dog-piler accusing someone else of being a bully.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

There is nothing I love better than the irony of a high-school cowardly dog-piler accusing someone else of being a bully.

Oh Jeffrey. It's ok you can do better than that I believe in you. Go ahead and give defending your toxic, cheating, moronic, bully of a co-host another shot.

To be clear, I am also not usually a fan of personal attacks. But, when someone does it repeatedly to others I make an exception.

Edited by Timathius

There is something equally funny about a fake lawyer misrepresenting another person's written statements, which possibly speaks to why you aren't in the profession.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

The fact that so many people are vocal about his bad attitude is nobody else's fault. It's not like we're all working together, just because we all think he's a s*** person

1 minute ago, Timathius said:

Oh Jeffrey. It's ok you can do better than that I believe in you. Go ahead and give defending your toxic, cheating, moronic, bully of a co-host another shot.

The thing is, I'm not defending Vince here. All I'm doing is pointing out that what you "cool X-Wing elites" are doing is cowardly and pathetic. You've made your positions clear, and now you're just yapping and yapping, pretending to give each other courage, saying things to Vince -- and to me -- that you would never say face to face.

Just how bad was -- is? -- high school for you people?

I think it's a bummer when people who could be an asset to the community keep getting in their own way.

5 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I think it's a bummer when people who could be an asset to the community keep getting in their own way.

I think that's the healthiest contribution so far. I agree. On behalf of both Vince and myself.

You all are entirely within your rights to question my play after this video. I have been similarly brutal on people who have been caught cheating in a comparable way, because I do not cheat intentionally and I never expected to be in this position accidentally.

I *try* to be as above board as possible in everything I do. Everyone is entitled to their pound of flesh when this happens especially to someone as polarizing as I can be. I won't try to deny anyone the fun they are surely having at finally having something so juicy to use as ammunition.

All I intend to do is play better quality X wing from here on out. That's all I can do.

22 minutes ago, Knitcardigan said:

There is something equally funny about a fake lawyer misrepresenting another person's written statements, which possibly speaks to why you aren't in the profession.

This gentleman, however, is taking liberties with the safety a forum provides to make statements he would never repeat in person, ESPECIALLY not to Jeff.

You need to calm down..

Edited by FlyAndtheMighty

I find it fascinating that podcasts keep repeating what astounding, friendly and welcoming community the X-wing players are. Then you see this pie throwing over several threads, platforms and media.

Quite fascinating from an evolutionary ethology viewpoint as well, tribalism in the age of internet.

3 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

I find it fascinating that podcasts keep repeating what astounding, friendly and welcoming community the X-wing players are. Then you see this pie throwing over several threads, platforms and media.

Quite fascinating from an evolutionary ethology viewpoint as well, tribalism in the age of internet.

Just wait til you hear them talk about literally any other gaming community in tabletop.

9 minutes ago, FlyAndtheMighty said:

You all are entirely within your rights to question my play after this video. I have been similarly brutal on people who have been caught cheating in a comparable way, because I do not cheat intentionally and I never expected to be in this position accidentally.

I *try* to be as above board as possible in everything I do. Everyone is entitled to their pound of flesh when this happens especially to someone as polarizing as I can be. I won't try to deny anyone the fun they are surely having at finally having something so juicy to use as ammunition.

All I intend to do is play better quality X wing from here on out. That's all I can do.

6 minutes ago, FlyAndtheMighty said:

This gentleman, however, is taking liberties with the safety a forum provides to make statements he would never repeat in person, ESPECIALLY not to Jeff.

You need to calm down..

Sorry, but after your performance last night you don't get to try and take the high road. Also, why do you think I would not say this to Jeff or yourself in person? I would definitely tell you that you are acting like an *** if you acted the way you choose to on social media. I would definitely tell Jeff he was. Even though he is "6'5" over 300 pounds and built like a truck". Because something I did learn early in high school is that letting bullies just do whatever they want is not a good idea for either party. Sometimes people are bullies because they don't know better. So yea I WOULD say these things to you and to Jeff if you are going to attack people for their appearance and profession, curse at people, cheat or in any way harm the community as you have done.

5 minutes ago, FlyAndtheMighty said:

Just wait til you hear them talk about literally any other gaming community in tabletop.

Because we generally love almost all of them?

3 minutes ago, Timathius said:

Sorry, but after your performance last night you don't get to try and take the high road. Also, why do you think I would not say this to Jeff or yourself in person? I would definitely tell you that you are acting like an *** if you acted the way you choose to on social media. I would definitely tell Jeff he was. Even though he is "6'5" over 300 pounds and built like a truck". Because something I did learn early in high school is that letting bullies just do whatever they want is not a good idea for either party. Sometimes people are bullies because they don't know better. So yea I WOULD say these things to you and to Jeff if you are going to attack people for their appearance and profession, curse at people, cheat or in any way harm the community as you have done.

So you would prefer we keep it down in the muck and nothing changes.

It's not the high road. It's called recognizing an unwinnable argument, and electing not to continue it.