Podcast - Fangs Out!

By Jeff Wilder, in X-Wing

Two things:

(1) So it's fixed! Awesome. Thank you, @Mu0n729 . Very sincerely.

(2) Those of you who are going to enjoy the fixed arcs -- even if you didn't know they were broken, and even if you knew but fought against fixing it as "unimportant" or "ridiculous" -- you're welcome.

Your behavior in this whole affair was - and still is - disappointing.

16 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Right back atcha, buddy.

3 hours ago, FlyAndtheMighty said:

Just want to jump in here so it doesn't seem like this is a personal vendetta from Jeff. I decide on what content we use for the show, I decided that this was worth pursuing because, at least for American players, this is an issue that is going to continue being relevant for the foreseeable future due to COVID complications.

GreenDragoon, we revisited this topic because someone reached out to us directly with an explanation and we felt it only proper to re-address the issue since it came up multiple times again in games between Jeff and myself.

Suffice to say, it seems to have been corrected and we look forward to continuing our support of VASSAL.

That someone was me via Facebook. I too am glad it has been fixed.

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Right back atcha, buddy.

Well, I wished you had told me you had dropped from the event instead of just disappearing. But maybe you'll join again next season.

14 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Well, I wished you had told me you had dropped from the event instead of just disappearing. But maybe you'll join again next season.

I do apologize. I would swear I indicated i was dropping, because I clearly remember asking around about how to indicate drops in TTO and being told it couldn't be done. And I remember giving the score and bidding good-bye on my way out. (I did confirm the core in TTT.) It wasn't my intention to leave you in any sort of lurch ... I'm not really a "quiet bail" kinda guy, you know?

3 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Right back atcha, buddy.

The notion of sacred cows and inertia is in this context ridiculous.

your approach to the whole thing - a conceited tantrum instead of reporting a bug - was disappointing.

your constant strawmen - and if unintentional then the lack of interest in mutual understanding - were disheartening.

your gall to say "you're welcome" are gasoline and spark on a wooden bridge.

14 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

The notion of sacred cows and inertia is in this context ridiculous.

Except that it's not, and you're being dishonest when you claim that it is. There are whole swaths of players who fear and abhor change, no matter the circumstances. I've heard from lots of them in the past three weeks. I'm just surprised to find you're one of them.

your approach to the whole thing - a conceited tantrum instead of reporting a bug - was disappointing.

Gee whiz, you'd think I didn't report it to the TO, who reported it to Mu0n, who didn't respond for a week on it. (Hint: I did.) You'd think that it wasn't a known problem that hasn't been fixed in years . (Hint: It was.) Again, you are skirting impressively close to out and out lying.

your constant strawmen - and if unintentional then the lack of interest in mutual understanding - were disheartening.

As far as I can tell, I was absolutely correct when I summarized your viewpoint:

On 6/20/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jeff Wilder said:

My impression is that your opinion is basically, "It's wrong, but we should appreciate having it even though it's wrong, and just ignore the problem" but maybe that's being uncharitable?

Nothing you've said in two pages has indicated anything but the above. You've just suckered me into wasting a lot of time hoping I was wrong about it.

your gall to say "you're welcome" are gasoline and spark on a wooden bridge.

Oooh, my "gall." You are welcome. You've been nothing but resistant to the idea that this was a problem that needed fixing. Nevertheless, you'll benefit from the fact that I pursued it, and Mu0n fixed it.

Yeah, you're welcome .

Look, man, I dunno what's up with you. I know COVID-19 is a PITA, and I know it's affecting a lot of people in different ways, but it's not just here: I've seen your posts deteriorate in the Krayts thread, as well. You're posting snippy, unsubstantiated, deliberately borderline stuff. It's like you want to start fights. That's cool, you know, whatever gets you through the weirdness of 2020. But if this is really the "new" GreenDragoon, just let me know, so I can adjust my expectations and start just skipping stuff like I do for so many other people. I've got Vince for amusing me by being a total d!ck to people for no reason ... that's not what I've heretofore found valuable in your contributions here.

1 hour ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I do apologize. I would swear I indicated i was dropping, because I clearly remember asking around about how to indicate drops in TTO and being told it couldn't be done. And I remember giving the score and bidding good-bye on my way out. (I did confirm the core in TTT.) It wasn't my intention to leave you in any sort of lurch ... I'm not really a "quiet bail" kinda guy, you know?

Ah, I must have missed that. It's been a bit hectic on the farm the last couple weeks with everything breaking down. Luckily they're all fixed now or just about to be.

1 hour ago, MegaSilver said:

Ah, I must have missed that. It's been a bit hectic on the farm the last couple weeks with everything breaking down. Luckily they're all fixed now or just about to be.

Out of curiosity, where do you live? I split my time growing up between Louisville -- born at St. Anthony's in '68 -- and Lexington -- undergrad and start of law school -- then moved out here in San Francisco in July of '98. I have friends from Pikeville, Ashland, Bowling Green, Somerset, and Richmond, but I honestly never much left the two bigger cities except for camping trips to Red River Gorge.

1 hour ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Out of curiosity, where do you live? I split my time growing up between Louisville -- born at St. Anthony's in '68 -- and Lexington -- undergrad and start of law school -- then moved out here in San Francisco in July of '98. I have friends from Pikeville, Ashland, Bowling Green, Somerset, and Richmond, but I honestly never much left the two bigger cities except for camping trips to Red River Gorge.

Caneyvile KY, which is right between Etown and Bowling Green. I have to drive over an hour to find anywhere to play.

38 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Caneyvile KY, which is right between Etown and Bowling Green. I have to drive over an hour to find anywhere to play.

One of my best friends from law school is a judge in Bowling Green now. Unfortunately, though she had fantastic taste in pop culture, she is not a gamer ...

5 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Except that it's not, and you're being dishonest when you claim that it is. There are whole swaths of players who fear and abhor change, no matter the circumstances. I've heard from lots of them in the past three weeks. I'm just surprised to find you're one of them.

Gee whiz, you'd think I didn't report it to the TO, who reported it to Mu0n, who didn't respond for a week on it. (Hint: I did.) You'd think that it wasn't a known problem that hasn't been fixed in years . (Hint: It was.) Again, you are skirting impressively close to out and out lying.

As far as I can tell, I was absolutely correct when I summarized your viewpoint:

Nothing you've said in two pages has indicated anything but the above. You've just suckered me into wasting a lot of time hoping I was wrong about it.

Oooh, my "gall." You are welcome. You've been nothing but resistant to the idea that this was a problem that needed fixing. Nevertheless, you'll benefit from the fact that I pursued it, and Mu0n fixed it.

Yeah, you're welcome .

Look, man, I dunno what's up with you. I know COVID-19 is a PITA, and I know it's affecting a lot of people in different ways, but it's not just here: I've seen your posts deteriorate in the Krayts thread, as well. You're posting snippy, unsubstantiated, deliberately borderline stuff. It's like you want to start fights. That's cool, you know, whatever gets you through the weirdness of 2020. But if this is really the "new" GreenDragoon, just let me know, so I can adjust my expectations and start just skipping stuff like I do for so many other people. I've got Vince for amusing me by being a total d!ck to people for no reason ... that's not what I've heretofore found valuable in your contributions here.

How to alienate your listener

Edited by Kyle Ren

I am also grateful that my straight edge pre-measure matches my calculated arc now

Edited by jokerkd

The wide world of wargaming crew everyone

https://giphy.com/gifs/fVUrY8ZyBDuwHG84ya

Also, this would be libel Vincent. I am sure Jeff can walk you through that.

Edited by Timathius
2 minutes ago, Timathius said:

The wide world of wargaming crew everyone

https://giphy.com/gifs/fVUrY8ZyBDuwHG84ya

What the butt!?! How did I not hear about another instance of cheating on stream?

Just now, 5050Saint said:

What the butt!?! How did I not hear about another instance of cheating on stream?

It was missed because of the fiasco with BCP at LVO I reckon. But its pretty blatant.

Wait, so like, this came up because you held a straight edge up to your computer screen while playing fake X-Wing?

Man.

Well, that guy did literally ask you to validate instances of him cheating.

2 hours ago, Chumbalaya said:

Wait, so like, this came up because you held a straight edge up to your computer screen while playing fake X-Wing?

This came up because I noticed a discrepancy in the arcs which was later verified with a straight-edge, yeah.

I imagine it rarely matters in those games of real X-Wing you play, you impressive real X-Wing pilot, you.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

This came up because I noticed a discrepancy in the arcs which was later verified with a straight-edge, yeah.

I imagine it rarely matters in those games of real X-Wing you play, you impressive real X-Wing pilot, you.

Now see Jeff, your first statement is fine.

People have flak with you (and Vince) because instances of your second statement keep happening.

Edited by MegaSilver
2 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Now see Jeff, your first statement is fine.

People have flak with you (and Vince) because instances of your second statement keep happening.

... You honestly see no provocation there? I dunno what to tell you. I'm gonna respond to a pattern of provocation, even when it's from a genuine veteran of the Rebel Alliance, like that guy. (However much I appreciate his service.)

BTW, I have no control over Vince, and vice-versa. We get along fine, as long as we don't talk politics, but we're not each other's keepers. (And that extends to Drew, also.)

@Timathius - What is that showing? The GIF moves so fast I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I asked Vince about it, and he said it was a matter of a late-changed dial from 3-bank to 3-turn.

I'm not going to deny the gif. I made a mistake. If he hadn't left out the maneuvers afterwards, you would see the other E wing and X Wing both make 3 banks. I can't tell you what my frame of mind was because it was LVO, I was hungover as **** and Tim was right to call me on it.

I apologized, played it as Tim politely asked after I probably attempted to explain, and we had a **** of a game afterwards.