PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

When did my strain get that high?

It was at 7, plus 6 this round for using reflect twice is 13, +2 for an extra maneuver is 15. Btw I'm tracking strain, wounds, turn etc in the first ooc post. Everyone should be keeping an eye on the first ooc post. I believe you got to the 7 by using reflect twice before, having taken a second maneuver (2 points of strain), and and having spent a spare advantage to recover a point of strain but I'd have to check back through the ic thread to confirm that. Basically using reflect and parry uses a lot of strain, but on the plus side it lets them save wounds. When jedi score advantage they should seriously consider spending most of it to recover strain rather than for example add several crits.

Edited by EliasWindrider

I've updated it and taken out using the stim pack and so only one Maneuver, I've removed the crit also.

Edited by MrTInce

Would it be possible to get an update on everyone's location, please? Or at least tell me if the following is correct or not?

IIRC correctly, Windu flipped out of Poggle's box and down onto the sands. Tinari is on the sands. Has Ker'see joined them? Are there more Jedi down there?

Randi is in the audience seating, very close to Mireska (who tending to Kenobi).

Korren's position is unknown as he has not taken any turns yet.

Captain Wraith is inbound, but probably won't arrive for another round.

At this point, how many droid minion groups are down on the sands and how many (if any) have come out on the audience seating level (possibly slowed by the fleeing non-winged Geonosians)?

Edited by Bellona

Ker'see is on the sands, for now...

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Ker'see is on the sands, for now...

Does she have any method of regaining Strain, aside from advantages?

If not, Mireska's offer (on the previous OOC page) still stands for Ker'see and anyone else who comes to Mireska. She's a trained Healer so the rest of the party should be getting some benefit from that.

The current situation has Mireska more or less stuck at Kenobi's side, trying to keep him alive, so she can't make "house-calls" easily. If people fall down (from either too many Wounds or too much Strain), then maybe Randi could Move them to Mireska for treatment?

@EliasWindrider How many silhouettes is the pillar Obi-wan was chained to? Those droids are getting out of hand would like to send them a gift.

Move : 2eA+4eP+6eF 2 successes, 3 advantage, 2 Light Side, 7 Dark Side
a-a.png a--.png p-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-s.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Move dif : 3eD 5 failures, 1 threat
d-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

Edited by RandiQuade
11 hours ago, Bellona said:

Would it be possible to get an update on everyone's location, please? Or at least tell me if the following is correct or not?

IIRC correctly, Windu flipped out of Poggle's box and down onto the sands. Tinari is on the sands. Has Ker'see joined them? Are there more Jedi down there?

Randi is in the audience seating, very close to Mireska (who tending to Kenobi).

Korren's position is unknown as he has not taken any turns yet.

Captain Wraith is inbound, but probably won't arrive for another round.

At this point, how many droid minion groups are down on the sands and how many (if any) have come out on the audience seating level (possibly slowed by the fleeing non-winged Geonosians)?

There are *many* (TM) droid minion groups down in the sands and anyone not inside the circle of protection around obiwan Kenobi is going to have at least one minion group shooting at them each round. People who demonstrate themselves to be exceptional threats will have 2 or 3 minion groups shooting at them per round.

17 minutes ago, RandiQuade said:

@EliasWindrider How many silhouettes is the pillar Obi-wan was chained to? Those droids are getting out of hand would like to send them a gift.

Move : 2eA+4eP+6eF 2 successes, 3 advantage, 2 Light Side, 7 Dark Side
a-a.png a--.png p-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-s.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Sil 3.

Also it's long range from you so difficulty would be 3 purple, and I'm flipping a destiny point to make it 1 red and 2 purple.

Difficulty for move pillar attack : 1eC+2eD 3 failures, 3 threat
c-f-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png

So you miss and have net zero advantage/threat

Edited by EliasWindrider
12 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I've updated it and taken out using the stim pack and so only one Maneuver, I've removed the crit also.

That puts you at 16/17 wounds and 13/14 strain. The next shot that lands will take you out (render you unconscious) either from wounds or strain (considering that this is genosis where most of the 212 jedi task force died, that isn't terribly surprising)

Edited by EliasWindrider
18 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sil 3.

Also it's long range from you so difficulty would be 3 purple, and I'm flipping a destiny point to make it 1 red and 2 purple.

Difficulty for move pillar attack : 1eC+2eD 3 failures, 3 threat
c-f-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png

So you miss and have net zero advantage/threat

Thats not good. Didnt want to do it but now i have to. THE FORCE IS MY ALLY! 2 strain and try again.

Move3 TFIMA : 2eA+4eP+6eF+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage, 3 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png p-a-a.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-s.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

23 minutes ago, RandiQuade said:

Thats not good. Didnt want to do it but now i have to. THE FORCE IS MY ALLY! 2 strain and try again.

Move3 TFIMA : 2eA+4eP+6eF+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage, 3 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png p-a-a.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-s.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

You need 3 force pips to kill 1 minion group with 4 fp you could take out 4 minion groups, with 5 you could kill 7 minion groups, with 6 you could kill 10, with 7 you could kill 13 minion groups of droids, but that would require flipping a dp and taking conflict and strain, but it would likely save 13 jedi lives and you've got 3 spare advantage to gain 3 of those strain back.

Your character can hear the screams of dying jedi.... what would she do when she has the power to save them if she just taps into her negative emotions... taking the quick and easy path just this once won't cause any lasting ill effects 😈

Edited by EliasWindrider

@RandiQuade after you decide if you want to use the darkside pips you still.need to post in the ic thread.

I'm going to work under the assumption that @RandiQuade decided to flip a dp, take some conflict and wipe out massive numbers of battle droids to give you guys a bit of a reprieve and only have long range attacks against the pcs.

@AnomalousAuthor you're going to be onsite at the end of this turn (after the next time droids attack), some droidiekas will be rolling up and you'll get a chance to take them out with ship weapons before they attack. There will be more survivors (maybe about 50 on their feet) than in the movie because of RandiQuade using the pillar to smash massive numbers of battle droids. You'll probably want to grab fallen jedi too incase they're unconscious instead of dead (there will be many of these)

Edited by EliasWindrider

Pretty awesome work there by Randi Quade (assisted by our GM)! :)

@vandarl Did Tinari get to take his action aside from the out of turn Reflects? (I don't want to jump the gun on taking Mireska's next action.)

Unless I am mistaken the Crit I took prevents an action.

Lucky for us the Clone Cavalry is about to arrive.

And for the record, Randi Quade and GM just demonstrated serious Foce BadAssery!

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Pretty awesome work there by Randi Quade (assisted by our GM)! :)

@vandarl Did Tinari get to take his action aside from the out of turn Reflects? (I don't want to jump the gun on taking Mireska's next action.)

40 minutes ago, vandarl said:

Unless I am mistaken the Crit I took prevents an action.

Lucky for us the Clone Cavalry is about to arrive.

And for the record, Randi Quade and GM just demonstrated serious Foce BadAssery!

That's what staggered does... cost you your action. Kimber stone and dragite gem can do it more reliably.

I would have preferred Randi to have chosen her own action but after a day plus of waiting I chose to move forward for the sake of the other players (not their characters)

Edited by EliasWindrider

(I'd forgotten that Tinari had taken that particular crit.)

As the arena floor group of Jedi is too far away - at least Medium range from Mireska and the stands group of Jedi, possibly Long - Mireska is probably going to stay where she is.

(Also, I imagine that her chances of seeing precisely what is going on down there are obscured by the presence of the the Jedi around her and her kneeling position beside Kenobi.)

So unless anyone has a better idea, I think that Mireska will continue to work on Kenobi.

Edited by Bellona

Alright, so the LAATs and Wraith opened up on the droids doing decent damage. Probably land them next turn and get clones on the ground then.

I wasn't exactly sure how many attacks each LAAT would get so I treated them as a single minion group each. @EliasWindrider let me know if that's how you want to handle that.

But, the LAAT's should be hovering somewhere between the Jedi and the battle droids.

Also had to get a new Orokos account as I couldn't figure out what password I used.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Hurrah! The (airborne) cavalry has arrived! :)

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Hurrah! The (airborne) cavalry has arrived! :)

Never done a play by post before so hopefully I did it right. lol.

1 minute ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Never done a play by post before so hopefully I did it right. lol.

Regardless, Capt. Wraith certainly made an entrance!

(This is my first PbFP too. :) )

3 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Alright, so the LAATs and Wraith opened up on the droids doing decent damage. Probably land them next turn and get clones on the ground then.

And that was a most excellent entrance indeed!

Over all I think things are going pretty well on the PbP aspect. We are all trying to be descriptive in our posts and to keep things moving. I the opening battle I came in with the expectation that we could get pretty banged up fast due to being so outnumbered. It is interesting to see that our actions are already making an effect though. Jango Fett lived as did Kenobi, though the latter is in a pretty sorry state.

With all the injuries I could see Kinoebi being to crippled to participate in the War, or even retiring from the Order. And Fett may continue to be a thorn in our side, or may just fade to the background, either way differences made! And 50 or so Jedi potentially survive due to flying rock intervention!

Pretty sure Jango is coming for the Jedi who crippled his arm...

3 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Pretty sure Jango is coming for the Jedi who crippled his arm...

Crippled is temporary, it's can't use the arm until healed and may need surgery for the arm to heal completely (might leave a scar). But he may be coming for his blaster if you keep it as a souvenir after the battle.

Edited by EliasWindrider