PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

2 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Pretty sure Organa doesn't go on to do anything important...

I know that you were joking, but it's unclear to me if you remember that he's on the tribunal in charge of the war effort.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@AnomalousAuthor @Demon4x4 @RandiQuade @vandarl @Von3679 how do you think the party should proceed? Given the raised concern about protecting the Senator Organo, you could split the party and those on the ground could face a situation similar to genosis, with reinforcements coming after the command ship is destroyed.

While I am sure we need to protect Senator Organo from a Player perspective it is often a pain to split the group, though that can work better in PBP.

Purely in a brainstorming kind of mode here, our fleet is outgunned and outnumbered at the moment, and that command ship is huge. If we can remove it from the equation then our options increase a bit. If we knock it out and then have our ships come in and start knocking out several of their ships the confusion might make them retreat, and that lets us land a relief force.

Would it be possible to use the stealth ship as a boarding craft to get us and our squads onto the command ship along with say a bomb for the engines?

31 minutes ago, vandarl said:

While I am sure we need to protect Senator Organo from a Player perspective it is often a pain to split the group, though that can work better in PBP.

Purely in a brainstorming kind of mode here, our fleet is outgunned and outnumbered at the moment, and that command ship is huge. If we can remove it from the equation then our options increase a bit. If we knock it out and then have our ships come in and start knocking out several of their ships the confusion might make them retreat, and that lets us land a relief force.

Would it be possible to use the stealth ship as a boarding craft to get us and our squads onto the command ship along with say a bomb for the engines?

The stealth ship might be able to hold 30 people in addition to its crew. The ships are mostly crewed by b1 battle droids, but they have an exceptional organic commander whose appearance would freak out most earth humans (giant spider-man) although you don't know that at this point. Droids for the most part aren't that adaptable and cutting the head off the snake is how the republic won this battle (space portion of it anyway) in cannon.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Von3679 at this point you wouldn't know that you were getting a padawan. After the blockade has been broken, Ahsoka just shows up on a shuttle insisting that she's been assigned to you by yoda.

Also since @Demon4x4 and @RandiQuade are likely to post infrequently maybe they could go down to the planet to support Bail Organo and we run that when they post (I'll leave it on their turn, with something ready for them to respond to, until they post).

Then there would be 5 PCs and 6 squads of 6 clones so 41 passengers... that's still too many for the stealth ship to squeeze in. And The stealth ship would have to depart right after the boarding party disembarked, because they'll surely know shortly after a docking hatch opens and the ship would soon be captured or destroyed if it didn't scoot. So you'd need to find your own way off the dreadnought. For this plan to work you'd likely need an astromech droid slicer along for the ride (to get their hatch to open among other things).

To meet the limited of 30 passengers, you might want to go with 4 clones per jedi, wraith and sergeant. That would be 30, which would also be a good number to split into two teams with two jedi plus squads plus another squad controlled by wraith or his sergeant ( @AnomalousAuthor would be controlling both) the astromech (or two) would be a freebie in terms of space on the stealth ship.

How many of us have space suits and/or anti-vacuum amulets?

I'm thinking that some EVA from the stealthed ship over to an airlock close to the bridge (shorter than trying to land in a hangar bay and fighting our way to the bridge). If we have a droid slicer along, the open airlock could be disguised as a temporary malfunction of sorts.

How do the Ruusan Conventions (my term for the in-universe versions of the Geneva/Vienna/Hague Conventions) regard forcefully evacuating the air from an enemy ship, particularly one crewed mostly by droids? I suspect that the answer lies in the "mostly" part, and that venting Trench's Invincible is not a Jedi-/morally-acceptable solution? Or does the state of war allow it?

Edited by Bellona
6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Von3679 at this point you wouldn't know that you were getting a padawan. After the blockade has been broken, Ahsoka just shows up on a shuttle insisting that she's been assigned to you by yoda.

Also since @Demon4x4 and @RandiQuade are likely to post infrequently maybe they could go down to the planet to support Bail Organo and we run that when they post (I'll leave it on their turn, with something ready for them to respond to, until they post).

Then there would be 5 PCs and 6 squads of 6 clones so 41 passengers... that's still too many for the stealth ship to squeeze in. And The stealth ship would have to depart right after the boarding party disembarked, because they'll surely know shortly after a docking hatch opens and the ship would soon be captured or destroyed if it didn't scoot. So you'd need to find your own way off the dreadnought. For this plan to work you'd likely need an astromech droid slicer along for the ride (to get their hatch to open among other things).

To meet the limited of 30 passengers, you might want to go with 4 clones per jedi, wraith and sergeant. That would be 30, which would also be a good number to split into two teams with two jedi plus squads plus another squad controlled by wraith or his sergeant ( @AnomalousAuthor would be controlling both) the astromech (or two) would be a freebie in terms of space on the stealth ship.

Why do I suddenly have this funny thought that EVERYONE gets a Padawan. "Hmm, train the Padawans we must. Replenishing the ranks of the order is necessary. This task, there will be no discussion on." Thanks Yoda.

As far as splitting the group, that isn't a bad idea. It should cut down on the confusion a bit and it makes the boarding party more reasonable. I assume either spacesuits or sealable armor would be available for EVA if needed? Possibly slicing tools as well as an astromech droid?

As far as the venting the ship, tactical a interesting idea idea, however I am willing to bet it would be tough to vent the command deck directly. Other than doing that there is a pretty good chance emergency airlocks would lock down and keep from emptying the whole ship. I am not sure how I feel about a big fight in vacuum. Lots of chance for suits decompressing.

The venting idea was separate from the concealed entry via airlock idea. :)

Also, we did confirm, didn't we, that despite what Oggdude's program thinks, the Protective Amulets do also protect against vacuum (as per their write-up in UP)?

That would allow one/some of us to "cold-shirt" our way across the void. (Brrr!)

Edited by Bellona

Ker'see would suggest leaving her clones back as at this point she is still not keen on bringing them along.

15 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Also, we did confirm, didn't we, that despite what Oggdude's program thinks, the Protective Amulets do also protect against vacuum (as per their write-up in UP)?

That would allow one/some of us to "cold-shirt" our way across the void. (Brrr!)

Yes the amulets protect against vacuum, the amulets would also make you comfortable while you did it (or always despite the environmental conditions)

20 minutes ago, vandarl said:

Why do I suddenly have this funny thought that EVERYONE gets a Padawan. "Hmm, train the Padawans we must. Replenishing the ranks of the order is necessary. This task, there will be no discussion on." Thanks Yoda.

As far as splitting the group, that isn't a bad idea. It should cut down on the confusion a bit and it makes the boarding party more reasonable . I assume either spacesuits or sealable armor would be available for EVA if needed? Possibly slicing tools as well as an astromech droid?

As far as the venting the ship, tactical a interesting idea idea, however I am willing to bet it would be tough to vent the command deck directly. Other than doing that there is a pretty good chance emergency airlocks would lock down and keep from emptying the whole ship. I am not sure how I feel about a big fight in vacuum. Lots of chance for suits decompressing.

Correct. But a well placed thermal detonator on the bridge transparisteel is one heck of a distraction before the emergency seals slide down like they did in rots.

In that case, I suggest that Mireska leave her clones behind too. That would mean that everyone else would have a full-strength squad instead of just a four-man squad (if my math is correct).

Edited by Bellona
6 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Ker'see would suggest leaving her clones back as at this point she is still not keen on bringing them along.

That's fine

55 minutes ago, Bellona said:

In that case, I suggest that Mireska leave hers behind too. That would mean that everyone else would have a full-strength squad instead of just a four-man squad (if my math is correct).

Correct. However you're kind of squishy, and not geared towards combat, and rolling 3 yellow on a ranged heavy attack is pretty useful. Ker'see has her bow and is passable with a saber.

@Bellona

Edited by EliasWindrider

Would Mireska having one group with 3 yellows be better than giving +2 greens to four other groups when we're limited numbers-wise? (Note: I'm not a math/statistics major, so I really haven't a clue here.)

I don't know if you saw the final version of Mireska, but she got back her Knight tree with Reflect and Improved Reflect (plus Circle of Shelter) after I dumped some unused Force powers and the Sage career (took a hit to the FR too; it's only 4 now - still, that's better than the 3 that it was in the very beginning). And her defences are now 4/4 too.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Would Mireska having one group with 3 yellows be better than giving +2 greens to four other groups when we're limited numbers-wise? (Note: I'm not a math/statistics major, so I really haven't a clue here.)

I don't know if you saw the final version of Mireska, but she got back her Knight tree with Reflect and Improved Reflect (plus Circle of Shelter) after I dumped some unused Force powers and the Sage career (took a hit to the FR too; it's only 4 now - still, that's better than the 3 that it was in the very beginning). And her defences are now 4/4 too.

+2 greens to 2 other groups, usually more actions is more useful that a better dice pool. Btw because this is a close quarters situation, you can have the dc15a for this mission.

Edited by EliasWindrider
37 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

+2 greens to 2 other groups, usually more actions is more useful that a better dice pool. Btw because this is a close quarters situation, you can have the dc15a for this mission.

Thank you - like I said, math is not my strong point! :D

Alright, if the general advice is that Mireska should bring four of her own lot along, then she will do so.

Arming the healer with a DC-15a? That paints an odd picture in my mind's eye! But sure, why not - she can carry it by means of a strap over a shoulder or something. Just so long as it doesn't interfere with her Reflect.

Do some/all of the boarders get thermal detonators or shaped thermal grenades (FiB)? Oddly, the FiB entry for the shaped thermal grenade doesn't mention the instability of the original thermal detonator.

I also looked at the Special Issue Equipment table in RotSep (p. 50). It mentions both Boarding Action and Sabotage missions - it sounds like we'll be doing a bit of both.

45 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Thank you - like I said, math is not my strong point! :D

Alright, if the general advice is that Mireska should bring four of her own lot along, then she will do so.

Arming the healer with a DC-15a? That paints an odd picture in my mind's eye! But sure, why not - she can carry it by means of a strap over a shoulder or something. Just so long as it doesn't interfere with her Reflect.

I meant dc15a for your clones

Edited by EliasWindrider
12 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Do some/all of the boarders get thermal detonators or shaped thermal grenades (FiB)? Oddly, the FiB entry for the shaped thermal grenade doesn't mention the instability of the original thermal detonator.

I also looked at the Special Issue Equipment table in RotSep (p. 50). It mentions both Boarding Action and Sabotage missions - it sounds like we'll be doing a bit of both.

The only reason for thermal detonator/shaped charge those on a boarding action is if you intend to cause a hull breach (shaped charge is better for that, although tossing a thermal detonator onto the bridge and shutting the door and running for the next emergency airlock is a viable strategy if you don't particulary mind getting sucked out into space) if that's part of the plan then yes. Concussive grenades would generally be more useful in close quarters if you intend to not cause a hull breach.

Whatever gear is likely to be on a venator class star destroyer can be requisitioned for this mission.

Edited by EliasWindrider

So @Von3679 and @AnomalousAuthor do you want to weigh in on how to deal with the blockade.

Edited by EliasWindrider
48 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

So @Von3679 and @AnomalousAuthor do you want to weigh in on how to deal with the blockade.

Taking out the command ship sounds fun to me.

Might not be a bad idea to have a portion of the fleet perform a feint to draw some of the smaller capital ships away from the command ship, but it’s been a bit since I’ve seen the episode.

1 hour ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Taking out the command ship sounds fun to me.

Might not be a bad idea to have a portion of the fleet perform a feint to draw some of the smaller capital ships away from the command ship, but it’s been a bit since I’ve seen the episode.

@Von3679 what to have to say about the plan to use the stealth ship to board the invincible?

And speaking to everyone, do you have any specific ideas about how to take out the invincible (e.g. thermal detonator to the bridge/reactor, but how do you get clear, going along the inside and/or hull of the ship, venting the bridge to space?) If you have a crazy idea throw it out there, it might just be crazy enough to work.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Von3679 what to have to say about the plan to use the stealth ship to board the invincible?

And speaking to everyone, do you have any specific ideas about how to take out the invincible (e.g. thermal detonator to the bridge/reactor, but how do you get clear, going along the inside and/or hull of the ship, venting the bridge to space?) If you have a crazy idea throw it out there, it might just be crazy enough to work.

I believe the clonetrooper armor can be vac-sealed for hullside excursions.