PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Okay, then Mireska can Jump Up as incidental, Force Leap twice (both as manoeuvres, costing 2 Strain for the second one), then be at Close range to Kenobi ... which is good enough for Heal (got Close range upgrade on that ). ... Assuming that she makes all the necessary rolls. :)

Sounds like a plan

Close is planetary scale version of engaged, short is one larger than engaged/close

Edited by EliasWindrider

And that plan didn't work at all. :o

Will someone please get rid of this bothersome angry alien kitty?!?

(Also, will someone please apply a stimpack or something to Kenobi until Mireska can get there and try to remove his Critical Injury/-ies?)

32 minutes ago, Bellona said:

And that plan didn't work at all. :o

Will someone please get rid of this bothersome angry alien kitty?!?

(Also, will someone please apply a stimpack or something to Kenobi until Mireska can get there and try to remove his Critical Injury/-ies?)

If you wanted to use your action to force leap and use the roll you already made to activate it (the 2 white pips) I'd allow it. It'd be better protection against the nexu (it wouldn't be able to attack you next round)

Btw you need 4 force die to be semi-reliable at scoring 2 white force pips, 6 force dice should "guarantee" 2 white pips and you'll probably get 4 or more.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Let's do that. I can't fix the post right now (need to drive someone to a train station), but when I'm back I'll correct the last part (including no Flow activation, so total Strain for that round was +2 gained.

And yeah, I'm definitely realising that I should have dropped one little-used tree (like Ataru) and instead gone for more Force Rating. The perils of being a system noob! :D

Speaking of my system noobishness, why did the nexu have 2 set-back dice ? And so many upgraded Proficiency dice - is it some kind of "advanced adversary" nexu?

Edited by Bellona
Just realised that that was Mireska's melee defence rating in action. Doh!
30 minutes ago, Bellona said:

And yeah, I'm definitely realising that I should have dropped one little-used tree (like Ataru) and instead gone for more Force Rating. The perils of being a system noob! :D

Speaking of my system noobishness, why did the nexu have 2 set-back dice? And so many upgraded Proficiency dice - is it some kind of "advanced adversary" nexu?

It's a arena nexu, the type they use to kill jedi and other "high level" prisoners.

If all the players are cool with it I'll let each player limited rebuild (drop 1 spec) after the mission

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If all the players are cool with it I'll let each player limited rebuild (drop 1 spec) after the mission

A very obvious, whole-hearted "fine by me!"

@MrTInce do you want to spend a destiny point and 6 strain to drop your bow (at your feet) tonight your saber and stop 10 points of damage? The difference is between being at 22 wounds unconscious and having to roll a critical injury for surpassing your threshold or reflecting 10 of that damage. If you choose to be unconscious I will guarantee that your character will be alive when the battle of genosis is over. You'll be assumed dead in the meantime but the jedi will come back and check for survivors. Until then you can test out a few other builds by playing disposable "NPCs". Or you can use parry and twice and be at 12 wounds, or use parry once and be at 17 wounds (technically still on your feet but a stiff breeze would knock you over).

@RandiQuade you're turn.

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@MrTInce do you want to spend a destiny point and 6 strain to drop your bow (at your feet) tonight your saber and stop 10 points of damage? The difference is between being at 22 wounds unconscious and having to roll a critical injury for surpassing your threshold or reflecting 10 of that damage. If you choose to be unconscious I will guarantee that your character will be alive when the battle of genosis is over. You'll be assumed dead in the meantime but the jedi will come back and check for survivors. Until then you can test out a few other builds by playing disposable "NPCs". Or you can use parry and twice and be at 12 wounds, or use parry once and be at 17 wounds (technically still on your feet but a stiff breeze would knock you over).

If this is okay then yeah I will.

13 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I posted some thoughts/requests about that in the Misc thread (so as not to clutter up the OOC one).

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

If this is okay then yeah I will.

I gave you a bunch of options, not sure which one you want. Please clarify, and if you're going to reflect post a narrative description (about dropping bow and drawing saber) in the ic thread.

What is my distance from Jango Fett? I am thinking I am the other obvious target for him at the moment besides Ker'see. Do we see any of the other Jedi lighting their sabers or doing anything yet?

While Mete while I know it is really stupid to get Fett's attention, seeing him shoot up a fellow Jedi brings out that protective impulse and I am thinking about trying to distract him from Ker'see. Or at least try and make him split his attention. :)

19 minutes ago, vandarl said:

What is my distance from Jango Fett? I am thinking I am the other obvious target for him at the moment besides Ker'see. Do we see any of the other Jedi lighting their sabers or doing anything yet?

While Mete while I know it is really stupid to get Fett's attention, seeing him shoot up a fellow Jedi brings out that protective impulse and I am thinking about trying to distract him from Ker'see. Or at least try and make him split his attention. :)

You're at medium range from jango. Other jedi are lighting their sabers during this, but you are the only two that demonstrated a ranged attack.

OK, I took a shot at Fett, Side step maneuver, aim for a second maneuver, so 3 strain with Ebb/Flow recovering 1. Flipping a Destiny Point to upgrade my pool.

1 hour ago, vandarl said:

OK, I took a shot at Fett, Side step maneuver, aim for a second maneuver, so 3 strain with Ebb/Flow recovering 1. Flipping a Destiny Point to upgrade my pool.

Fett has 4/4 defense so copy the following into your post (you still hit)

defense missing from vardarl roll : 4eS 1 failure, 2 threat
s-f.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Fett has 4/4 defense so copy the following into your post (you still hit)

defense missing from vardarl roll : 4eS 1 failure, 2 threat
s-f.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png

I made a mistake, it was 3 defense but the last one was blank so it didn't matter.

@vandarl for the 1 threat take 1 strain

@MrTInce @RandiQuade please take your turns.

@MrTInce I am going to assume that you meant flip the dp and reflect twice.

Edited by EliasWindrider
5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I gave you a bunch of options, not sure which one you want. Please clarify, and if you're going to reflect post a narrative description (about dropping bow and drawing saber) in the ic thread.

Sorry, bow drop and saber draw to reflect.

26 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Sorry, bow drop and saber draw to reflect.

No worries, I edited my post to account for that but it's now your turn.

@Demon4x4 you still need to roll initiative and take your turn

@RandiQuade we've already past your place in the initiative order but feel free to take your turn now

@AnomalousAuthor we are quickly running out of time for you to post twice

Edited by EliasWindrider
17 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

No worries, I edited my post to account for that but it's now your turn.

All done :)

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

All done :)

Would you like to use your crit to take out his jet pack instead of hurting him (technically he's functioning as a silhouette 1 vehicle rather than a character while flying). He'd fall near you in the spectator seating rather than in the arena. The damage he takes would be the same but narrated as him taking a face plant instead of him getting personally struck by the bolt.

Edit: I narrated it as you called it and jango has escaped.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Bellona @vandarl you have incoming attacks that you may want to use reflect against.

@Bellona it's your turn

@RandiQuade you have 2 turns, the previous one could be used to jab obiwan with a stimpack if desired you get to choose freely what to do with the current one.

@Demon4x4 if you're going to join in a 1yellow 5 green attack with 8 base damage is coming at you, you can have 2 extra setback from the cover of the arena wall.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Since Mireska is using Strain so much for extra manoeuvres, I think that she'll simply bite the bullet and take the damage that gets past her Soak (+5 Wounds, new Wounds total is now 8/15). Will the droids that shot at Mireska use their 4 Advantages for anything affecting her?

Unless I'm mistaken, it will now take just one Force Leap (single manoeuvre, hopefully!) for Mireska to reach Short range to Kenobi, at which point she can use her Heal power (assuming that she gets the second necessary Force Point for range).