PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

... I don't know if it's too late to do this, but what do the other players think about Mireska using another Light side Destiny Point to change her Initiative from 4 to 7 successes?

I wouldn't rule against it, but I don't think it will do you much good (in terms of saving obiwan) because of the Nexu's triumph, it's currently going to go first and extra successes won't put you ahead of it.

Ah, I hadn't realised that the Triumph would do that for the nexu.

Still, it might be worth it to be ahead of Jango (... which is metagaming just a tad).

Does anyone have a strong enough Move power to yank the Kenobi chewtoy from the jaws/paws of the angry alien kitty? Preferably in Mireska's direction?

Hmm, I am at medium range, I have 1 rank of strength and range for Move, so I might be able to yank Kenobi from the jaws of death. The direction is doable, but I don't know if the timing will work unless the critter misses Kenobi. We can try though, it is the Jedi way.

Oh wait, Master Yoda said do or do not. I guess we can't try. LoL

41 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Does anyone have a strong enough Move power to yank the Kenobi chewtoy from the jaws/paws of the angry alien kitty? Preferably in Mireska's direction?

@RandiQuade does

Then let's hope that they chime in soon!

On 8/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, Bellona said:

That would be me! i was busy all weekend so just catching up.

DP : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

light side Destiny point!

already used to save obiwan!

Vig1 : 5eA+1eP+6eF 1 success, 7 advantage, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s.png p-a-a.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

4 light = 4 success, also ill get 2 defense the first round.

Edited by RandiQuade

"And there was great rejoicing!" :)

Now it depends on what shape Kenobi's in, who interferes from the other side before Mireska acts (the nexu might want its dinner back), and how well Mireska's Medicine or Heal check goes (depending on what's needed).

... The question of whether or not Mireska should use a Light side Destiny Point to change her Initiative result (so that she creates one more slot that comes before Jango) is still up in the air. Let's see first how Korren's surprise round action affects the situation ...

Bit late to the party but heres a destiny roll

Destiny pool : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

8 hours ago, RandiQuade said:

DP : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

light side Destiny point!

already used to save obiwan!

Vig1 : 5eA+1eP+6eF 1 success, 7 advantage, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s.png p-a-a.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

4 light = 4 success, also ill get 2 defense the first round.

@RandiQuade please follow the link

Nexu resisting losing it's meal to Randi's move : 2eC+2eD 1 failure, 3 threat, 1 Despair
c-th.png c-d.png d-th.png d-th.png

and copy the bbcode into your post. The Nexu was resisting losing it's lunch the 2 red and 2 purple (brawn 4, 2 ranks of resilience) on the part of the nexu (opposed check) didn't stop you from getting Kenobi away from the Nexu, but the despair means Kenobi will have taken some damage in the process.

Can Mireska figure out if Kenobi's still alive? He was wounded already at the start, got hit by friendly fire, and then the nexu gave him some more damage when it tried to resist him being Moved away from its jaws/paws.

@RandiQuade Is Randi is still up in the stands/audience seating around the arena (as opposed to down on the sand)?

Edited by Bellona
4 hours ago, Bellona said:

Can Mireska figure out if Kenobi's still alive? He was wounded already at the start, got hit by friendly fire, and then the nexu gave him some more damage when it tried to resist him being Moved away from its jaws/paws.

@RandiQuade Is Randi is still up in the stands/audience seating around the arena (as opposed to down on the sand)?

She did not move.

Ker'see plans to get closer to get a better shot at the Nexu...

Mireska plans to Force Leap back into the audience seating, to where Randi is with Kenobi.

12 hours ago, Bellona said:

Kenobi is at death's door (I'm thinking bleeding out, although I'd have to look up the precise rules to see if I wanted to go with that), suffice it to say he will need an extremely difficult medicine check just to stabilize him (jabbing him with a stim pack first would buy you an extra round or two with which to stabilize him in case the first check fails). You're not getting him back in the fight for this battle and there's a good chance that if he survives then he'll be in a coma for a while and will need cybernetic reconstruction. Maybe brain damage and or amnesia when he comes to.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Yeah, by this point I wasn't holding my breath for any participation from Kenobi's side. We'll see how the Heal power check goes, assuming that Mireska get back into the stands without any problems.

By the way, I believe that Randi's IC post reported taking 1 Strain and 1 Conflict from the Move power activation.

15 hours ago, Bellona said:

Mireska plans to Force Leap back into the audience seating, to where Randi is with Kenobi.

It will take 2 leaps or a regular maneuver followed by a leap.

We are quickly running out of week and hence out of opportunity for randi to get her second post in. So we are just going to move ahead rather than wait for @Demon4x4 to take his free turn. @Bellona are you going to want to add successes to your initiative check to act ahead of jango?

Yes, I'll flip another Light side Destiny Point, gain 2 Conflict and 2 Strain, and end with 6 Successes and 1 Advantage on that Initiative.

Chalk it up to Mireska's desperation to get to Kenobi. (Mission objective, personal interest in a childhood idol/crush, and Healer's motivation.)

Mireska is up next in initiative, after the nexu, right?

And is Mireska at Engaged range with it or not, if it failed on its attack? (Before Kenobi was moved, she would have needed 2 manoeuvres to reach Close range to him when he was still in the nexu's paws/jaws, which is why she used a second manoeuvre post-Force Leap to start working on the two necessary to close the distance from Medium to Long.)

Basically, I'm asking if she needs to use (waste) one manoeuvre on getting out of Engaged range with the nexu before she uses a manoeuvre (move) and a second one (Force Leap) to get back up in the stands.

Maybe Mireska needs to let Tinari and/or Ker'see take the first Initiative slot, hoping that they can take out the nexu before she takes her own actions.

Edited by Bellona
40 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Mireska is up next in initiative, after the nexu, right?

And is Mireska at Engaged range with it or not, if it failed on its attack? (Before Kenobi was moved, she would have needed 2 manoeuvres to reach Close range to him when he was still in the nexu's paws/jaws, which is why she used a second manoeuvre post-Force Leap to start working on the two necessary to close the distance from Medium to Long.)

Basically, I'm asking if she needs to use (waste) one manoeuvre on getting out of Engaged range with the nexu before she uses a manoeuvre (move) and a second one (Force Leap) to get back up in the stands.

Maybe Mireska needs to let Tinari and/or Ker'see take the first Initiative slot, hoping that they can take out the nexu before she takes her own actions.

I should have thought about it before, but I realized you were using more dp so decided to retroactively flip one (players who use more dp are more likely to get GM dp used against them so that there will be more for other players) and that caused the attack to hit instead, the 4 advantage on the roll were used to knock Mireska prone. Previously before the dp you would have needed to spend a maneuver and another to disengage (could be accomplished as part of a force leap), after the dp you would have needed to to use a maneuver to stand up but since you have jump up you don't, 2 maneuvers of force leap (so you don't have to disengage) will get you to short range on Kenobi, then you'll need to engage with Kenobi and then do medicine the round after that.

Question: may one use Force Leap (manoeuvre version) twice in the same round, rolling a separate power check for each one? (Noob here.)

Also, is the prone situation instead of dropping the physician's kit?

10 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Question: may one use Force Leap (manoeuvre version) twice in the same round, rolling a separate power check for each one? (Noob here.)

Also, is the prone situation instead of dropping the physician's kit?

Yes to both.

It is possible for you to force leap three times in a round, twice as a maneuver and once as an action.

So the dp and 3 wounds have saved you between 2 and 4 strain

Edited by EliasWindrider

Okay, then Mireska can Jump Up as incidental, Force Leap twice (both as manoeuvres, costing 2 Strain for the second one), then be at Close range to Kenobi ... which is good enough for Heal (got Close range upgrade on that ). ... Assuming that she makes all the necessary rolls. :)