PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I've got experience using Discord for the game, and it works quite well. I'll set up a server and give you a tour of how it would run.

Where is the discord server hosted... if it's on someone's pc, then a power failure or home burglary can kill the campaign.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Where is the discord server hosted... if it's on someone's pc, then a power failure or home burglary can kill the campaign.

It's not. It's hosted by Discord.

Merry Christmas guys!

giphy.gif

Happy Christmas, everyone!

:)

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas

Last night and some more this morning l, I've been using the wayback machine to archive some of thos forum... if you select outlines it also saves pages at the end of 1 link away.... long threads have links to the first page, last page, 5 pages to the left and 5 pages to the right.... so mor maximum efficiency you need to save once every 11 pages starting with page 6 (so 6, 17, 28, 39) but it toome a while to figure that out so maybe you can check that each page of our pbp threads are backed up?

You use this page

https://web.archive.org/save

To trigger saves.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201227035035/https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/297873-pbp-alt-univ-clone-wars-ooc/

The date time string appears to be utc.

Obviously with the +/- 5 pages I couldn't get it all at the same time so no sure how that would work. So please test it.

*checks the time, then calculates for time zone difference*

@EliasWindrider

Time for a brief trip to another natural location, this time one with a cryptid connection ...

* Dangles our beloved GM over the water of Loch Ness from a tour boat, and shakes him vigorously, while @P-47 Thunderbolt , @RuusMarev , @MrTInce , and @SuperWookie hold out nets carefully to catch any XP that falls. *

Virtual haggis and fudge afterwards for those who like the stuff!

12 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Wouldn't have them together but happily have them seperately.

1 minute ago, MrTInce said:

Wouldn't have them together but happily have them seperately.

Ditto about keeping them separate! (Although I haven't had the courage to eat haggis yet.)

In general, I've tried to pick a savoury dish and a sweet dessert/snack from the relevant national/regional cuisines for these posts.

@Bellona , I'm working on a ship sheet for the Acclamator (name's Immutable unless there are any objections/suggestions) and have come to the section regarding which troops are onboard. If you're in charge of a battalion led by Cody, is it just the 212th, or are you going to have a custom battalion?

If a custom battalion, is Cody still going to be relevant, or are you going to have a custom NPC commander?

If a custom battalion/commander, I would love to have input. Clones have a special place in my cold metal heart, shared with Mandos. :)

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Bellona , I'm working on a ship sheet for the Acclamator (name's Immutable unless there are any objections/suggestions) and have come to the section regarding which troops are onboard. If you're in charge of a battalion led by Cody, is it just the 212th, or are you going to have a custom battalion?

If a custom battalion, is Cody still going to be relevant, or are you going to have a custom NPC commander?

If a custom battalion/commander, I would love to have input. Clones have a special place in my cold metal heart, shared with Mandos. :)

Let's keep the 212th and Cody.

(While I'm not a CW expert, I am somewhat familiar with them and their names. If need be later, we can steal some more names/personalities from the canon version of the 501st. :) )

Edited by Bellona

Here's what I put together for the ship: https://swsheets.com/v/fha1zt1lx-immutable

Vehicle complement is pretty far below capacity, as is troop complement. The "Notes" section includes a personnel breakdown of the 212th. All stats are RAW, excepting potential typos.

16 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Here's what I put together for the ship: https://swsheets.com/v/fha1zt1lx-immutable

Vehicle complement is pretty far below capacity, as is troop complement. The "Notes" section includes a personnel breakdown of the 212th. All stats are RAW, excepting potential typos.

Narratively, it should be low, we just came from a major battle, and haven't resupplied yet... I would even say that a decent percentage of personnel and equipment are down for maintenance and medical.

24 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Narratively, it should be low, we just came from a major battle, and haven't resupplied yet... I would even say that a decent percentage of personnel and equipment are down for maintenance and medical.

I'm actually talking about the entire unit. A battalion is only four companies, which makes the 212th pretty small.

However, I will issue a partial retraction of those numbers, pending GM input. Technically, Cody commanded the entire 7th Sky Corps, which is four legions of four battalions each. Since an Acclamator can hold one Legion, then four Acclamators would be the entire corps.

Perhaps this was just the 212th, leaving most of the 7th on Christophsis, but when everybody regroups after this battle the Immutable takes on more troops, restoring it to closer to full capacity.

I could work on a breakdown of the 7th's organization. It'd be an interesting challenge.

The key as to how this would come into use is that for most missions, only a relatively small team will be required, so whether you've got a battalion in reserve or an entire legion doesn't really make a difference. For the missions where having a large unit is necessary, it's a mass combat anyway and having an entire corps would make sense.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:18 AM, Bellona said:

*checks the time, then calculates for time zone difference*

@EliasWindrider

Time for a brief trip to another natural location, this time one with a cryptid connection ...

* Dangles our beloved GM over the water of Loch Ness from a tour boat, and shakes him vigorously, while @P-47 Thunderbolt , @RuusMarev , @MrTInce , and @SuperWookie hold out nets carefully to catch any XP that falls. *

@EliasWindrider any bonus XP?

Do we have a Discord for this game as well?

Purchased the bottom-right upgrade in Imbue for 20 XP, so I can sustain the power with only 1 Force die now.

Purchased the Duration upgrade for the Sense power (10 XP).

This allows her to apply the Control: Upgrade Defence Difficulty upgrade twice per round (against two attacks instead of one attack).

ETA: MediaFire and SWSheets have been updated.

Edited by Bellona
ETA

Purchased Natural Outdoorsman from bottom row of Hermit Tree for 25 XP.

Happy New Year from C.E.T. zone, where the fireworks are loud and long! :)

(Old statistic from where I am right now: the population spends roughly $100 USD per capita on New Year fireworks ... and that was back in the 1990s.)

Happy new y'all!