What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

For me sadly the Nubian didn’t have any weapons, would love to see one of those on the table!!

I am 1000% sure its the LAAT for Republic.

Wave 3 CIS art showed Naboo starfighter

Wave 4 CIS art showed Y Wing

Wave 5 CIS art shows LAAT

9 minutes ago, McGarnacle said:

I am 1000% sure its the LAAT for Republic.

Wave 3 CIS art showed Naboo starfighter

Wave 4 CIS art showed Y Wing

Wave 5 CIS art shows LAAT 

To be fair, the LAAT is also in the Treacherous card art.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:39 PM, SabineKey said:

Perhaps. But then again, the next Republic ship we get is a Y-Wing. A different model, but still a Y-Wing.

Different ship class though. With all the Rebel alphabet fighters they included their class designation so rebel Y is marked "BTL-A4 Y-wing" while the republic Y is "BTL-B Y-wing". Although the chassis difference is smaller than that between the rebel and resistance fighters (T-65≠T-75, RZ-1≠RZ-2, Modified≠Customized≠Salvaged, etc.) it is a different designation which makes room for card differences like adding the ship ability.

Unfortunately they did not exercise the same foresight with the "Sheathipede-class shuttle". So far whenever ships have the same name, such as the "Z-95 Headhunter", they get the same ship stats, ability, and model access factions.

9 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

Different ship class though. With all the Rebel alphabet fighters they included their class designation so rebel Y is marked "BTL-A4 Y-wing" while the republic Y is "BTL-B Y-wing". Although the chassis difference is smaller than that between the rebel and resistance fighters (T-65≠T-75, RZ-1≠RZ-2, Modified≠Customized≠Salvaged, etc.) it is a different designation which makes room for card differences like adding the ship ability.

Unfortunately they did not exercise the same foresight with the "Sheathipede-class shuttle". So far whenever ships have the same name, such as the "Z-95 Headhunter", they get the same ship stats, ability, and model access factions.

It is a different class, but it’s still a Y-Wing. They could have gone with something that’s not so directly based on OT ships, but they went with one that looks like an already present ship. Not to criticize the choice. I think it gives the Republic a new role it needs.

And the name is precisely why there is a wrinkle. The even though the Phantom 2 is modified, it is presented as the base model. Whether they just roll with it, add “stock” to the beginning of the name or just keep the name, but alter slots remains to be seen.

Whatever creates at least one truly competitive Separatist list. Thanks in advance FFG.

Edit: Oh and 3 agility droid ship able to only calculate for 1 token to mod 1 die is a bad idea. Just in case you were thinking it...

Edited by Polda
41 minutes ago, Polda said:

Whatever creates at least one truly competitive Separatist list. Thanks in advance FFG.

Edit: Oh and 3 agility droid ship able to only calculate for 1 token to mod 1 die is a bad idea. Just in case you were thinking it...

Ship ability: after you boost or barrel roll, gain a calculate.

Linked boost and roll to calculate.

45 minutes ago, Polda said:

"Networked Calculations: While you defend or perform an attack, you may spend 1 calculate token from a friendly ship at range 0-1 to change 1 Icon action focus result to an Icon action evade or Icon damage hit result."

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Ship ability: after you boost or barrel roll, gain a calculate.

Linked boost and roll to calculate.

Or this.

3 hours ago, SabineKey said:

And   the name is precisely why there is a wrinkle. The even though the Phantom 2 is modified, it is presented as the base model. Whether they just roll with it, add “stock” to the beginning of the name or just keep the name, but alter slots remains to be seen.

That's what all I was blathering on about: Same name=same ship, but it only needs one different letter to get a significantly changed statline/action bar/ship ability.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, SabineKey said:

The   modified part of the Rebel version is worrying as it is simply called a Sheathipede-class Shuttle. Off the top of my head, the modification was a   reinforced hull and the Astro slot. Whether FFG  ignores that  (or, in the astromech’s case, simply remove the slot for CIS), or not is the big question mark for the ship.

Comparing images the actual model is different as well, it looks like they cut down the vertical fin quite a bit and I don't think a stock Sheathipede had tail guns (or even front guns, but I don't think we'll ever get a 0 red ship)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4ZFAEDZ-S3lKwpqfSjqD

5 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Comparing images the actual model is different as well, it looks like they cut down the vertical fin quite a bit and I don't think a stock Sheathipede had tail guns (or even front guns, but I don't think we'll ever get a 0 red ship)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4ZFAEDZ-S3lKwpqfSjqD

Some of the differences might from the differing art styles between Clone Wars and Rebels. But it’s still something, and the “just add a letter to the name” idea could solve things pretty well.

It would be quite easy for them to call it the "Sheathipede-Class Command Shuttle" or "Sheathipede-Class Transport" and the problem is solved right there. I doubt it will be an issue.

I mean, even if they didn't, 32c and BB-8 are proof that the same chassis can have a different action bar if necessary, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind removing the ship ability on the Separatist version (or keeping it; who knows/cares if it can dock to something later?). Added benefit is if they give the separatists a sheathipede-specific upgrade, rebels can use it too if the devs want to allow that.

18 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

"Networked Calculations: While you defend or perform an attack, you may spend 1 calculate token from a friendly ship at range 0-1 to change 1 Icon action focus result to an Icon action evade or Icon damage hit result."

Or this.

The faction needs some aces (not just the Nantex gimick aces, but a cheap reliable squirly guy - think Lulo or Soontir instead of Unkar's and Fenn's lovechild).
A droid trifighter with just one calculate unless absurdly cheap will be strictly worse than a focused interceptor right? So I'm hoping if we do get acey droids, they at least get Advanced Droid Brain .

Why would you fly a ship like that close to a Vulture swarm? You'd want it to threaten a flank.

Or... OR... how about a small base force user? :P

Edited by Polda
18 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

(or keeping it; who knows/cares if it can dock to something later?).

Let it dock with Vulture droids. Who doesn't want tiny droids sitting on a rock, swinging a much-larger ship behind them to double their coverage?

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Let it dock with Vulture droids. Who doesn't want tiny droids sitting on a rock, swinging a much-larger ship behind them to double their coverage?

And... pre-activation coordinating all the others?!?!

7 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

And... pre-activation coordinating all the others?!?!

The Separatist title for it can be the Lovebug.

4 hours ago, Polda said:

The faction needs some aces (not just the Nantex gimick aces, but a cheap reliable squirly guy - think Lulo or Soontir instead of Unkar's and Fenn's lovechild).
A droid trifighter with just one calculate unless absurdly cheap will be strictly worse than a focused interceptor right? So I'm hoping if we do get acey droids, they at least get Advanced Droid Brain .

Why would you fly a ship like that close to a Vulture swarm? You'd want it to threaten a flank.

Or... OR... how about a small base force user? :P

Only a matter of time before we get CIS Savage and Ventress. Whether or not they will be on the same ship release... (I'm also hoping they don't make them crew only)

Wave 6 revealed in 1 week!!

Almost there!

28 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Almost there!

This time tomorrow we’ll be deep in conversation over the new toys coming.....

Oh, and some people complaining about how broken/DOA random ship/upgrade is 🤣

This may be a very stupid suggestion, but I honestly would love to see the Bespin Cloud Car in the game. Doesn't really actually fit the game per say but I just think it's a fun goofy ship.

27 minutes ago, UhearBoutPluto said:

This may be a very stupid suggestion, but I honestly would love to see the Bespin Cloud Car in the game. Doesn't really actually fit the game per say but I just think it's a fun goofy ship.

It’s not been a popular opinion when it’s been touched on in the past, but I’d buy multiples on release day. Was always a favorite toy way back in the early 80’s as well.

Wave 6 spoiled!

Voreng's red TIE Interceptor

Fireball

Also, card packs !!!

Card packs (not included in Wave 6) contents;

Hotshots and Aces - will have new cards for the original 5 factions.

Fully Loaded - will make upgrades from the Republic and CIS packs available to others

Never Tell Me The Odds - will have new obstacles and scenarios

Edited by Odanan

Re-releases in Wave 6:

Scum: Hound's Tooth + Nashtah Pup (Z-95)

Rebel: A-Wing

Empire: TIE Interceptor, TIE Defender

Edited by Odanan

Article is up!

swz62_ship_art.png

swz62_layout.png

swz63_ship_art.png

swz63_layout.png

Also, 2nd ed. reprints for TIE Reaper, Hound's Tooth, TIE Interceptor, TIE Defender, A-Wing, Saw's Renegades.

Aces in the Hole article .