The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Shlambate , I'll say your advantage mean that the garage is able to reduce its debt from the time it's been short-staffed.

Nice! Does that mean it was work on the patron who brought Krydil here's vehicles? Or is that only for a Obligation Roll at start of session.

@Rabobankrider Can I make an underworld knowledge check to see if Yoomnuff knows who Chynn is?

@Shlambate , it's isn't the obligation unfortunately, this is more to do with th business requiring semi-constant maintenance to keep a steady flow of income coming. Narratively as you guys have been down on members, the shop's not been making a lot of money.

@rocketrobie2 , sure thing, an average check will do it.

@jhh3 , I'm going to need an average education with a boost to see how well your licence application goes. You can of course try and find another way to get it past if you want, relying on the 'old school methods'.

Ah ok so it's just keeping business running.

Who is Chynn : 2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
a--.png a-s.png d--.png d-th.png

Hope that threat doesn't screw me over!

@rocketrobie2 , you have the same info as @Edgehawk , but with the setback you think the guy is all talk.

@Shlambate , that is correct yeah. Success on those routine checks in the future will get the business back into the black, and after that will also provide a regular source of currency.

@Rabobankrider Do we have to pay 500 credits per racer to get a license, or is that just for the race?

@jhh3 , that is for the license. If you guys are short on credits for the race you may have to get creative, loans, gambling (outright theft if you're leaning that way), being at the bottom of the racing barrel is very trick starting unfortunately. You can also try talk down the price with a negotiation or education check.

@P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate , as you guys are at the garage, is there anything else you want to do? This is a good chance for rp etc if you want.

I can't think of anything...

If @Shlambate were to start something, I'd be happy to engage, but I don't have anything to say as of yet.

Okay guys, we have 0 credits. How are we going to pay for everything?

Edited by jhh3

If it comes to taking a collection, Varik has 220 credits he can possibly contribute.

Or if we really get desperate, gambling! :D

I think sabacc should use deception (cun). Darren has 235.

Yoomnuff has 550 but he has some debts of his own so he might need some convincing to hand over 500 of it

Krydil has 75 credits so not much.

I have no clue what to say other than they are hard at work in the shop?

On 5/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, rocketrobie2 said:

Yoomnuff has 550 but he has some debts of his own so he might need some convincing to hand over 500 of it

Does he want to race? Cuz we will have to temporarily just sign Zara up if we don't have 1,000 credits. :(

Well, Yoomnuff has enough for his entrance fee, and Zara has 50% of what she needs. If the others chip in, we can sponsor both of them fairly easily.

(We really need to make some money...)

29 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

Does he want to race? Cuz we will have to temporarily just sign Zara up if we don't have 1,000 credits. :(

If they have not yet been added into the pool, Zara has 260 credits. She might be getting ready to gamble, though, so...

4 hours ago, jhh3 said:

He defiantly does want to race (ultimately he'll probably choose racing over his debts) but he's going to be a little put off by the big fee.

@jhh3 , I just need the average education check with a boost from you, you may be able to find a loophole etc to save some money on the license. ]

@P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate , if you want I'll say you can go and see if you can find a source of income for the racing. Loans, potential sponsors, favours from the local crime groups etc, there are plenty of ways to make cash on Corellia, just not all are totally legal.

@Edgehawk , I'll need an average charm or negotiation with a boost and a setback to see if you can calm the situation.

10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , I'll need an average charm or negotiation with a boost and a setback to see if you can calm the situation.

Charm/negotiation : 2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 3 advantage
a-s-s.png a-a.png b-a-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png s-f.png

@P-47 Thunderbolt Time to open a Lemonade Stand.

Before I post my response, @rocketrobie2 you can provide an assist with a boost dice to @Edgehawk 's check if you want.

Slick, I'll absolutely do that.

Assisting Charm/negotiation : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

What do I need to roll to sell Lemonade?