Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Dark Side of the Moon is Shipping Now.

Point of No Return is shipping now. "US release date: 2/7/2020"

ahc42_a2_box.png

Will we finally get the dream diary upgrades? I want to know what they doooooo.

Yippee!

Shipping Now. "US release date: 3/6/2020"

ahc43_box.png

This cycle is gonna be a hard act to follow, which is probably why they chose what they did as a followup.

They need to really drop the ball on these finale scenarios for this cycle not to take my top spot.

Oddly I feel like they’ve been not so great? Not terrible and certainly fun but I feel like they’re missing something. Probably just me.

However I think these final 2 will be stellar and both Matt and Jeremy picked one of them as their current favorite scenario on the AMA. Very excited.

Well it might also be that this is my favorite mythos theme. Missing something with respect to the story or the mechanics? The only scenario I felt was a bit strange was Beyond the Gates of Sleep if you stay on the path. Though it does pretty accurately recount the beginning of Dreamquest so kudos to the designers for correctly understanding the ways you can enter the Dreamland.

Yeah it definitely represents Dream Quest well. I can’t tell if it is mechanically or maybe it just feels like the pressure is off. I didn’t think I really liked the unkillable ever-present returning monsters like harbinger and specter, but maybe that’s what it is? Anyway I’m ready for some ancient one encounters haha.

4 hours ago, Soakman said:

Oddly I feel like they’ve been not so great? Not terrible and certainly fun but I feel like they’re missing something. Probably just me.

However I think these final 2 will be stellar and both Matt and Jeremy picked one of them as their current favorite scenario on the AMA. Very excited.

Could it be because there are two groups you are swinging back and forth between, making it 2 months between playing your wakers and dreamers? I wonder if that’s making the story line of and pressure of the quest feel less immediate.

Edited by Mimi61
24 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

Could it be because there are two groups you are swinging back and forth between, making it 2 months between playing your wakers and dreamers? I wonder if that’s making the story line of and pressure of the quest feel less immediate.

Could be part of it but I don’t think that’s entirely it either. Maybe when we replay I’ll be able to tell once the whole cycle is out. And all honesty, I know y’all love some Patrice but maybe it’s partly her too. I’ve said it in other threads but she starts to feel very samey to me. But I’m using Norman in the waking world. Only time will tell.

I have decided not to play Dream-Eaters at all until every pack is out.

And this conversation is really making me reconsider.

24 minutes ago, Allonym said:

Same. Aaaaand not same.

I'll play it in a month and a half. That's why I've been mostly absent from the message board. (Also, I've been a little obsessed with the Marvel LCG, and I'm a DC guy!)

1 hour ago, Allonym said:

Now that Where the Gods Dwell is out you could play the complete The Dream-Quest campaign.

Edited by Villefere
7 minutes ago, Villefere said:

Now that Where the Gods Dwell is out you could play the complete The Dream-Quest campaign.

It's coming out in two weeks' time.

Time travel is more of a Forgotten Age thing than a Dream-Eaters thing.

Play it slowly

3 hours ago, Duciris said:

Same. Aaaaand not same.

I'll play it in a month and a half. That's why I've been mostly absent from the message board. (Also, I've been a little obsessed with the Marvel LCG, and I'm a DC guy!)

You have been missed, our fine feathered friend!

Edited by Mimi61

Weaver of the Cosmos is shipping. And so is Dexter Drake!!

180310A6-8AB3-4956-A033-49004ECA13B2.jpeg

Edited by Mimi61
20 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

Weaver of the Cosmos is shipping. And so is Dexter Drake!!

Oh yeah. I saw this and did nothing. Thanks, @Mimi61 !

1 hour ago, Duciris said:

yeah. I saw this and did nothing. Thanks, @Mimi61

I wondered! You are usually right on top of these things. Marvel is that good eh? Do I need to take a look see?

If Duciris doesn’t say it, then it isn’t shipping, regardless of what anyone else says ;)

16 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

I wondered! You are usually right on top of these things. Marvel is that good eh? Do I need to take a look see?

It is really good, yeah. I'm a DC guy, but I can't put it down.

21 minutes ago, Duciris said:

It’s a shame because I love Marvel but I can’t collect 2 lcgs. It would be my undoing.

21 hours ago, Duciris said:

Oh yeah. I saw this and did nothing. Thanks, @Mimi61 !

We're checking on you @Duciris ! You're acting quite unlike yourself! Making sure you're okay in these times of social separation.

3 hours ago, Duciris said:

What's your favorite hero and villain so far?

3 hours ago, Soakman said:

It’s a shame because I love Marvel but I can’t collect 2 lcgs. It would be my undoing.

I picked up only the Core Set and I've been really enjoying it... yet at the same time I've not yet felt any compulsion to buy any of the individual packs that they've released. I think it is much, much easier to dip in to and out of than Arkham Horror, buying only what interests you. At least that's been my experience so far. If they start releasing X-Men expansions I may end up very poor, very quickly...