X-Wing Squad Builder Update

By FFGSysops, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Has the App been upgraded with all of the Wave 2 content?

Hello, wave 2 is already available. When App will be updated?

18 hours ago, redxavier said:

Has the App been upgraded with all of the Wave 2 content?

According to the latest Android version I downloaded this morning it has, but you tell me 😂

Screenshot_20181211-085542_X-Wing.jpg

Thought so. I don't know whether Wave 2 has been released Stateside yet, but it's out for a week in the UK and it's equal parts baffling and disappointing to have the app not include any of the new content.

1 hour ago, Yellow 5 said:

According to the latest Android version I downloaded this morning it has, but you tell me 😂

Screenshot_20181211-085542_X-Wing.jpg

Same here as well. No Hyperspace format availability or other custom set-up available outside the original release either, despite the patch notes saying otherwise.

As far as I know, the official release date is 13th December. So they've updated the app, but I think they'll unlock the new content in 2 days.

17 minutes ago, ssspikeee said:

As far as I know, the official release date is 13th December. So they've updated the app, but I think they'll unlock the new content in 2 days.

Will they also unlock the bug fixes?

It'll have to be a bloody big key to unlock all those.

It'll have to be a bloody big key to unlock all those.

Just seen my phone upgrade it to V 1.1.0.

Patch notes still at 1.0.4, shakes head.

Will the point change be reflected in the app by the 28th?

On 1/23/2019 at 4:48 PM, DaProfezzur said:

It doesn't look like it 😕

On 1/23/2019 at 4:48 PM, DaProfezzur said:

Yes, apparently the app does have the new points.

We're still waiting for the new wave 4 ships to be updated.

13 hours ago, badgerclaw171 said:

We're still waiting for the new wave 4 ships to be updated.

Strictly speaking, they haven't been released yet, so they won't update the App until then.

Quite why the Aussie distributor received their stock and shipped it to retailers is unknown.

20 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

Strictly speaking, they haven't been released yet, so they won't update the App until then.

Quite why the Aussie distributor received their stock and shipped it to retailers is unknown.

Well they have them down under and if they got there is there should be some here to. So me personally I think they should at least the information before they actually released the miniatures. So you know what you'd wanna buy especially because you need to know what the point values are.

The TIE/RB Heavy came out on Friday. I cannot play it because the squad builder hasn't updated. I could rant, but just fix it. My local store opens at 11:00.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:11 AM, ozmodon said:

The TIE/RB Heavy came out on Friday. I cannot play it because the squad builder hasn't updated. I could rant, but just fix it. My local store opens at 11:00.

They also need to fix the Nantex so the app doesn't crash to your phone's home screen when you select it when building a squad.

The phone app no longer crashes when I try to add a Nantex, but it still does not have the new content. Hopefully it gets added to that builder before my Heralds of Hope pre-order arrives, which for some reason hasn't gotten to my FLGS yet.

The points are also wrong for the XI shuttle, you can add malarus crew to a shuttle piloted by the same. I’ve usually been one who said it was at least functional when people complained, but with the absolute dumpster fire that the app has become ffg should just shut it down. No epics, points wrong, no new content, they should be ashamed of themselves for this app. We have no news on the supposed “better” app they are developing and with the distribution issues asmodee has had since taking over plus the distribution issues they had when alliance had it it almost seems as if they are just bleeding as much from the customer base as possible before the game crashes. All these issues led me to drop running organized play before the pandemic hit, I came back to try and get something going since my best friend owns the FLGS and could use the help getting revenue going thru his shop, but when you can’t get new product on the shelves and we are left with a complete BS app to run the game I’m starting to wonder why even bother. Hopefully they can straighten a few things out but o have lost almost all hope. Here’s to fond memories of X-Wing, which it seems is all we have left. 🤷‍♂️

Has anybody noticed that the costs for (at least) the next republic crew: Yoda, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Ghost company have changed in the official app? Is this a bug or an update or what? The pdfs show the previous costs, there is no ffg article regarding a points change... I don't get it.

I'm talking about the official phone app. Is it hapenning in the computer too?

On 11/5/2020 at 9:55 PM, xanatos135 said:

I'm talking about the official phone app. Is it hapenning in the computer too?

In the computer tool Ayla secura is costed 12, in the pdf 16, Yoda 14 and 15 respectively.

So yes, there is also a discrepancy.

1 hour ago, Meeeuuhhh said:

In the computer tool Ayla secura is costed 12, in the pdf 16, Yoda 14 and 15 respectively.

So yes, there is also a discrepancy.

I find it weird that no one else is talking about this. Should we assume that the app costs are the correct ones? How to know it.

1 hour ago, xanatos135 said:

I find it weird that no one else is talking about this. Should we assume that the app costs are the correct ones? How to know it.

Good question. I've noticed that the point costs were different between FFG app and home made app like YASB.

But YASB is consistent with FFG's pdf.

I would say that the app seems to be less maintained than it was (no TIE RB or Heralds of Hope ships yet) and that the pdf are easier to maintain and could thus be the "truth" but this argument is quite weak.

2 hours ago, Meeeuuhhh said:

Good question. I've noticed that the point costs were different between FFG app and home made app like YASB.

But YASB is consistent with FFG's pdf.

I would say that the app seems to be less maintained than it was (no TIE RB or Heralds of Hope ships yet) and that the pdf are easier to maintain and could thus be the "truth" but this argument is quite weak.

But the app points previously matched those of the pdf, so it doesn't look like the app is not updated regarding these crew, but instead that some of the upcoming november point changes have been added to the app ahead of time.

I mean, it makes sense that ghost company goes up a bit and Aayla goes down (it is 16 points now, too much).

You're right. Let's be patient, then...