X-Wing Squad Builder Update

By FFGSysops, in X-Wing Squad Builder

BOTH APPS are coming along very NICE.

As stated in an earlier post ADDING a SINGLE specific ITEM would be nice.

Both?

Are there two that don't work?

The Syck "Special" slot won't save a selected weapon.

Would like to see manuvers. Use the art assets from the prints found in the ship blister packs.

Enable card popups while mousing over an upgrade.

Over all, good work. Keep it up. :)

It's already one week without any improvement for the app! FFG please say something....or much better, DO something!

I really think manuveurs are import to see on the app. After that offline access is a no brainer. Please sort Thai out.

The next "Round the clock" update must be imminent.

Or have you given up FFG?

This app and your treatment of the players is a f***ing disgrace.

2 minutes ago, Number16 said:

The next "Round the clock" update must be imminent.

Or have you given up FFG?

This app and your treatment of the players is a f***ing disgrace.

It's a Really big clock. Maybe they meant "Around the Mayan calendar"

6 hours ago, McTavish said:

It's a Really big clock. Maybe they meant "Around the Mayan calendar"

In my opinion, the silence indicates they're backing up and punting. Hopefully they chose another development platform like Dot Net and Xamarin. It would greatly shorten the development cycle and most of the code would be reusable for web, Android and IOS.

But hey, they don't want our advice. I'm just wishfully thinking.

After this effort they "clearly know best" :)

as a .net developer I would be pleased if they moved into mainstream ciding where there are a gazillion people who could do a decent job.

They need to let us know what is happening. You cannot really play the game without the app, so this is a pretty important factor in the success of the game.

Well Android app has been updated. Still has the save bug where it titles new lists with the previously edited list title and over saves it even if you change the list name.

Still isn't allowing appropriate 2.0 legal cards to be added to 2.0 format lists.

20 hours ago, XiliX said:

In my opinion, the silence indicates they're backing up and punting. Hopefully they chose another development platform like Dot Net and Xamarin. It would greatly shorten the development cycle and most of the code would be reusable for web, Android and IOS.

But hey, they don't want our advice. I'm just wishfully thinking.

While I love xamarin (and used it for aurora), in fairness to them, with the app being in react native they're probably already reusing most of the code.

Please, PLEASE, and towards the success of the game, support development of 3rd party applications!!

They have done an amazing job and created really nice features that benefit the community and would never be available if app development was monolithic.

14 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

While I love xamarin (and used it for aurora), in fairness to them, with the app being in react native they're probably already reusing most of the code.

They farmed it out to 10clouds. 10clouds theme on their home pages says "from stunning product design to flawless code." That may be the biggest over statement ever. Anyway, I kinda feel bad for Fantasy Flight. What ever they paid for, they didn't get it.

What is the difference between "Extended" and "Second Edition" other than "Second Edition" only having like three ships to choose from?

11 minutes ago, Mud Turkey 13 said:

What is the difference between "Extended" and "Second Edition" other than "Second Edition" only having like three ships to choose from?

Click or tap the "i" next to each version when you're selecting which to build for an explanation.

1 hour ago, Mud Turkey 13 said:

Extended edition is everything. Second edition is stuff from wave 1

2 hours ago, Mud Turkey 13 said:

Answered already, so I will just add this: the fact that you have to ask shows that the app needs to delineate the modes a whole lot better than it does.

PLEASE CHECK THE ALL CONVERSION KITS COMPONENT LIST FOR ACCURACY. BOTH MOBILE APP AND WEB APP.

BOTH APPS ARE LOOKING GREAT THANK YOU.

It would be good to have the quick build format supported by the app, it could have all the prebuilt ships loaded in for you to just pick from.

Android app keeps crashing while bringing up saved squads

Anyone else having an issue in the ios app where you go to make a new list and it keeps trying to make you edit a previously-created list? I installed the new iOS and made sure the app was up to date. This is completely prohibiting me from making lists in the app. I have to use the online browser.

UPDATE: I completely disabled the app and redownloded it from the App Store. Seems ok for now.

Edited by jwilliamson12
3 hours ago, jwilliamson12 said:

Anyone else having an issue in the ios app where you go to make a new list and it keeps trying to make you edit a previously-created list? I installed the new iOS and made sure the app was up to date. This is completely prohibiting me from making lists in the app. I have to use the online browser.

UPDATE: I completely disabled the app and redownloded it from the App Store. Seems ok for now.

On Android as well. Saving before backing out of a list you are editing prevents it, but it will do it again everytime you edit a list and back out without saving.

3 hours ago, Scummy Rebel said:

On Android as well. Saving before backing out of a list you are editing prevents it, but it will do it again everytime you edit a list and back out without saving.

This. This is so dumb. I hope it's a well-known issue to be patched. Thanks for pointing out how to prevent it!

How about getting Wave 1 2.0 stuff working right? Its been a while now and it should be a simple fix to get something so basic working as it should.

How about getting the share feature for custom formats working?

-R