X-Wing Squad Builder Update

By FFGSysops, in X-Wing Squad Builder

FFG please listen to the real players. This app needs off-line functionality.

I get little or no service at my FLGS so the app is useless.

Was this really an integrated game tool or merely a means to not have to print costs on cards?

Once a 3rd party Android app arrives I won't be using yours!

3 hours ago, D0CT0R said:

FFG please listen to the real players. This app needs off-line functionality.

I get little or no service at my FLGS so the app is useless.

Was this really an integrated game tool or merely a means to not have to print costs on cards?

Once a 3rd party Android app arrives I won't be using yours!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.launchbaynext

No (official) updates for two weeks, hope they work on a big update that makes the app usable.

This official app is hot garbage, a real dumpster fire. 3rd party apps are 1000x better. Here are a list of things you need.

1. Offline mode

2. Able to view condition cards

3. A copy function

4. Improve user interface. I should have to constantly be going back to ring of ships I want to edit.

5. Able to view bomb cards.

Until these are fixed I will be showing everyone at my lgs the above 3rd party app and encouraging them to not use yours. You had a whole year to make and app. And this is what you produce.

17 hours ago, CivilWarGoat said:

This official app is hot garbage, a real dumpster fire. 3rd party apps are 1000x better. Here are a list of things you need.

1. Offline mode

2. Able to view condition cards

3. A copy function

4. Improve user interface. I should have to constantly be going back to ring of ships I want to edit.

5. Able to view bomb cards.

Until these are fixed I will be showing everyone at my lgs the above 3rd party app and encouraging them to not use yours. You had a whole year to make and app. And this is what you produce.

+1

ffg please don't wait untill wave 2 to do something. it' s an app frustrating to use in a movile device and seems very incomplete. it lets all the game experience down as the firts step to play is not good enought.

In these forum many players/customers expressed what is needed to make it better. Do something or at least keep us informed about the progres.

Edited by Guiem77
incomplete post

Fast solution: please FFG pay Daniel Oliveira to upgrade his Startactics XW to xwing 2.0 .

On 10/13/2018 at 2:57 AM, Kars! said:

Fast solution: please FFG pay Daniel Oliveira to upgrade his Startactics XW to xwing 2.0 .

I fully support this post

Just downloaded the app and the My Collection option only has like 8 ships available? What a disaster.

Might I also add to the list, for people who are not accessing from tablets, remove the scroll in scroll parts, it's extremely confusing scrolling to the bottom of the page, then having to scroll within the ship list as well!

Greetings everyone! We have a few more updates regarding the Squad Builder that we want to share with you. First, the v1.0.4 mobile update was submitted to iTunes last week and will be rolling out along with the Android update as soon as it's approved. Changes in this version include:

• Added recurring charge icon to stats
  • Addressed layout issue related to ship costs getting cut off
  • Addressed issue in card database search that showed italic tags
  • Fix for color on linked actions icon
  • Layout improvements to iPhone X
  • Minor bug fixes and stability improvements

Additionally, other backend work has been underway, including investigation into account management and bugs related to saving squads. Some Android users have reported not being able to save their squads and our backend developers have been investigating this problem, which is likely related to the Asmodee.net account system. More details on this are coming soon.

As always, we continue to work to improve the app experience based on the feedback you provide us. If you are experiencing any issues with the Squad Builder, please email [email protected] with your bug report. To better facilitate these reports, please explain the bug in as much detail as possible, including:

• Which version of the app the problem is occurring on (1.0.3, 1.0.4, etc)
  • The form of the app the problem is occurring on (Mobile, web)
  • The kind of device you are using (iPhone, Android, computer)

Users who have trouble logging in should also send their asmodee.net username and the email address associated with that account. We will most likely not be able to individually respond to every message, but we will send the reports along to the dev team.

Finally, we're happy to report that development on Wave II content is underway! We'll be adding support for the First Order and Resistance factions along with all the other content for the wave in mid-November. Keep checking back for more updates!

B-wings can take trajectory simulator but can’t take bombs why what’s the point

22284C18-5A8D-40BF-A88D-9D7ABC9EEC18.jpeg

Still no dials?

Still no offline mode?

still no condition cards?

still a meaningless "collection" system?

still no plain text list share?

Any update on if any of this is even planned?

4 hours ago, GAZWJ said:

B-wings can take trajectory simulator but can’t take bombs why what’s the point

22284C18-5A8D-40BF-A88D-9D7ABC9EEC18.jpeg

While it might be pointless, it's still a valid upgrade. The app is there to help you make squads, not to stop you from making bad choices :D

12 hours ago, Icelom said:

Still no dials?

Still no offline mode?

still no condition cards?

still a meaningless "collection" system?

still no plain text list share?

Any update on if any of this is even planned?

Those are the right kind of questions imo. I don't think the bugs are the biggest problem, but the lack of functionality.

The card database is down. I can't search for cards or view cards in squad builder. This is both on PC and mobile (Android).

So FFGs response is to completely ignore what the players have pointed out as the biggest issues. Well, all that does is confirm that they put together an app in order to save money on printing costs. They clearly don't care so now I don't: boycott the app, complain to Apple and Android and demand that a non-functional app be removed. New players don't download it, go get a third party app instead. Boycott organised play that insists on FFG app usage. You are a company working for your customers...provide the service, admit the product is sub-standard and fix it!

8 hours ago, D0CT0R said:

So FFGs response is to completely ignore what the players have pointed out as the biggest issues. Well, all that does is confirm that they put together an app in order to save money on printing costs. They clearly don't care so now I don't: boycott the app, complain to Apple and Android and demand that a non-functional app be removed. New players don't download it, go get a third party app instead. Boycott organised play that insists on FFG app usage. You are a company working for your customers...provide the service, admit the product is sub-standard and fix it!

But if you buy the tiny space ships, they've already won. . .

Image result for ghost obi wan

Edited by Darth Meanie

Still no reply from the spineless worms at FFG. Quality customer service not.

4 hours ago, Number16 said:

Still no reply from the spineless worms at FFG. Quality customer service not.

Why don't you take a deep breath and go play some X-wing. They've been slowly, but surely making fixes. The remaining issues (saving, saves being overwritten) or feature requests (offline functionality) aren't simple. fixes. They've already acknowledged the issues and said they're working on them. What more do you demand?

I would like Ffg to reply to my emails and my more reasonable questions in the forum and before you tell me that they are busy,if they hadn't produced such a crap app they wouldn't have so many complaints

I would like more frequent updates (than the almost black hole at the moment) of their progress towards a competently written app that has been promoted as a crucial component of 2.0.

I would like the lack of basic functionality not to be stated by you as "not simple changes", that merely plays into their obvious reluctance to make a big effort.

And yes I have been playing x-wing 2 for several weeks and find the game quite well updated.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, Number16 said:

I would like Ffg to reply to my emails and my more reasonable questions in the forum and before you tell me that they are busy,if they hadn't produced such a crap app they wouldn't have so many complaints

I would like more frequent updates (than the almost black hole at the moment) of their progress towards a competently written app that has been promoted as a crucial component of 2.0.

I would like the lack of basic functionality not to be stated by you as "not simple changes", that merely plays into their obvious reluctance to make a big effort.

And yes I have been playing x-wing 2 for several weeks and find the game quite well updated.

Entitlement much?

The app will improve in time though does feel incomplete. FFG is not a perfect company but no company is perfect. The thing is xwing is a great game I have no desire to play anouther game from anouther company. I can tolerate the app I've wanted a xwing app for 2 years now at least we have 1 and it will be fixed.

The podcasts I listen to had a guy on part of best coast pairings I think I remember him saying it will work with 3rd party apps eventually.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:47 PM, FTS Gecko said:

It certainly compares favourably with the 1st edition mobile apps I've used.

The sad thing is that X-Wing is not a first edition game (squad builders, online and offline, of much higher quality exist for the first edition).

The mobile app is basically a browser locked on a single webpage. There is no local storage. So, I would only call it an "app" in the same way that iPhone 1 supported third-party apps.