Space station, Satellite & more

By LinoB, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

@The Jabbawookie

Thank you very much.

@Nerf_Herder2187

vmHwmScBPykALxkTwMBEzyllm_Um-DuXgXyGo8hK78Uylz4aqyCEsQJXdkjzf6j3ahTWrXloAVFxp8O7UnRUFN1Mafwck5_LqajFcLgu-SoykYYdPC7cEf7brI15T9_hXYY0uC6J

Hammerhead 1.

UL9bZ6ibWH1gED4-PaxR3IPx2t54capJyQrzP0ncJXLwhma8d-7aEkFAV_9EcyHSfOWXQh9Fg89kgAQOWGQXSzMB-x92wZVa7NaDCClOb-2iQJ9yLkr9xgsd_sQMGVjRyOwXmerL

Hammerhead 2.

-FIhpvxjIJ2-Qv3m72aHfC_jVJx-J1zqcMKnpWLRMiUhIh9Y1l5-XinccwLRlW_Eb7JBDkbXO8wboNBJaB1yyBmyxDBGMm0SNxuQWFb3qfiQxymI2bcV3PLq2wS38ggwehs1hqTI

An MC75.

2DUQqVeohqlqr3AdEzsqQbm2gzH8-NkbVRJzycJcHTYeoqAyzV_LHhCzGXgXKTHzDKca58akgc1UbRcvoxZkBFBeSgGHfD2PLd7ElsF2AbR1omooa5tUJGoyHfk_Lcn0Ag-BgHbN

The posts are cut off for the Raider.

E-dM3QrbeHe8y6HmGfvprUuMJsShXGdT48GVMqkQYPUKrGmaULEL1IcO6OkziD4l2CcZBtDJw1yOBij7LIVsiSylNsHeSiJWwlkQ5XAAzGrwj6DB4DYCQTbHRrHpsl3O6QRSwUOe

A VSD, using the severed face of the rack.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Looks great! Thank you so much for those images, really helps me picture what the scale is compared to ships.

Hi everyone and happy Star Wars day !!!
I got some good news, I receive a shapeway order yesterday, including a tibanna gas platform and a prototype keyHole witch work like a charm !

OzCfNsX.jpg

This allows me to present you my last sculpt the Mc-80 battle cruiser ( a hybrid between the Home One and the Liberty). There is no keyhole on the picture bellow because I was waiting to see if my keyhole model was working to add it! You can find it under the Ship mod section on my shop.

IANovyK.jpg

this ship will also be the main feature of the first debris pack and will be available in about 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much time I can invest in 3D modeling. The second debris pack is going to feature a VSD I and the 3rd one the Black Sun cruiser vs a neb-B 2 (pirate/reb) or Arquitens (pirate/empire). pack of broken fighter of each faction will be available too but optional.

mc-80 and vsd WIP:

LkO3uAt.jpg

oXJZYnJ.jpg

the mc80 debris shows the internal component inspired by this picture: https://external-preview.redd.it/QGdszOC098gSUAL6mYVl5q7VBo1QBLEw8mb2aeEPymE.jpg?auto=webp&s=34614d362f54aa3e4824238f0f113a363375cd0b

Hope you like this and May the Fourth Be with You !

On 5/4/2019 at 2:35 PM, LinoB said:

this  ship will also be the main feature of the first debris pack and will be available in about 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much time I can invest in 3D modeling. The second debris pack is g  oing to feature a VSD I and the 3rd one the Black Sun cruiser vs a neb-B 2 (pirate/reb) or Arquitens (pirate/empire). pack of broken fighter of each faction will be available too but opti  onal. 

mc-80 and vsd WIP: 

These look fantastic! Can’t wait.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, LinoB said:

It took me a little more time than I expected but the Tibanna refinery is done:

Lwhv099.jpg

6GVyDD8.jpg

now I goin to put all my effort to finish the debris, so please no special demand until they are done ;)

Oh snap, you went much farther then even I was expecting it to look like. That is some sexy detail.

Do you got turbo Lasers and Concussion Missile Launchers too?

On 5/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, LinoB said:

Hi everyone and happy Star Wars day !!!
I got some good news, I receive a shapeway order yesterday, including a tibanna gas platform and a prototype keyHole witch work like a charm !

OzCfNsX.jpg

This allows me to present you my last sculpt the Mc-80 battle cruiser ( a hybrid between the Home One and the Liberty). There is no keyhole on the picture bellow because I was waiting to see if my keyhole model was working to add it! You can find it under the Ship mod section on my shop.

IANovyK.jpg

this ship will also be the main feature of the first debris pack and will be available in about 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much time I can invest in 3D modeling. The second debris pack is going to feature a VSD I and the 3rd one the Black Sun cruiser vs a neb-B 2 (pirate/reb) or Arquitens (pirate/empire). pack of broken fighter of each faction will be available too but optional.

mc-80 and vsd WIP:

LkO3uAt.jpg

oXJZYnJ.jpg

the mc80 debris shows the internal component inspired by this picture: https://external-preview.redd.it/QGdszOC098gSUAL6mYVl5q7VBo1QBLEw8mb2aeEPymE.jpg?auto=webp&s=34614d362f54aa3e4824238f0f113a363375cd0b

Hope you like this and May the Fourth Be with You !

Really like the look of the un-assembled Refinery, looks like a storage facility.

Can't wait to see the Capital Ship debris.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, Zeoinx said:

Do you got turbo Lasers and Concussion Missile Launchers too?

Yes, 4 of each in the pack !

On 5/14/2019 at 6:54 PM, LinoB said:

Yes, 4 of each in the pack !

Got pics? I must have missed dem

This space station is awesome. I have been looking to get a stattion on my table that looks exactly like the station from the cardboard token, and this is it. I was somewhat surprised to find that the A version of the space station, the version that mimics the cardboard token the closest, has a super expensive mid section for some reason. While the B mid section of the space station is $19.84 in smooth fine detail plastic, the A mid section is $72.07. I think the only difference between the two is the added "boarding ramp" sections on the A.

I wonder if the model can be changed so that those "boarding ramps" can just be printed separately and glued on. I suspect that would make a dramatic difference in price...

11 hours ago, RobertDD said:

This space station is awesome. I have been looking to get a stattion on my table that looks exactly like the station from the cardboard token, and this is it. I was somewhat surprised to find that the A version of the space station, the version that mimics the cardboard token the closest, has a super expensive mid section for some reason. While the B mid section of the space station is $19.84 in smooth fine detail plastic, the A mid section is $72.07. I think the only difference between the two is the added "boarding ramp" sections on the A.

I wonder if the model can be changed so that those "boarding ramps" can just be printed separately and glued on. I suspect that would make a dramatic difference in price...

Hi Thanks... Yes, I know there is a big difference in price and that is why both can fit with any top. To be honest, my first upload was with separated "ramps" and it costed more than the actual one and this is because the way of Shapeway pricing. For example the one piece is like (base price + model volume + support material + machine space"including all the emptiness around" + labour) if I divide the "ramps" you get the same volume a little less support mat and around same machine space + the extra 4 parts cost) I have tried to link them with sprue but then you are charged for the extra plastic with no use and the price was a little higher than the actual.

To express my personal opinion, Shapeway offer a great service, but the pricing is not good for smooth details, even more with the last price increment (during the modelling of the mc80 it was around 110$ cad and get up to a little more than 150$ cad one week before I release it). Knowing I could make the same model and sell it for around 30-40$ cad with a Anycubic Photon I really start to think about buying one and start producing on demands...

If you don't want to wait, you can order the mid part in versatile plastic you will loose a little detail, but the mid part is not the one you will see the most during a game.

Edited by LinoB
On 5/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, Zeoinx said:

Got pics? I must have missed dem

Here :) ... ok picture not top quality and the set I ordered is in white versatile so some details are missing but the result is still pretty good !

q1wKOIL.jpg

6 hours ago, LinoB said:

Here :) ... ok picture not top quality and the set I ordered is in white versatile so some details are missing but the result is still pretty good !

q1wKOIL.jpg

Neat, advice, try to make the Turbo Lasers look like this, to make them easy to tell the difference between the lasers and the missiles.

Turbolaser_negwt.jpg

The Missile Turret, you kinda need to look close, is in the bottom right area.

Fest04.jpg

Do you have any photos of the Mercy class station at the large size? I saw the regular size one on the linked imgur post, and it has a good size comparison with the ships on the board, but I would like to see the large one in comparison to the ships in the same way if it's possible.

Thank you

5 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

Neat, advice, try to make the Turbo Lasers look like this, to make them easy to tell the difference between the lasers and the missiles. 

I just make them like in the game ;)

8wMLcYE.jpg

5 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

The Missile Turret, you kinda need to look close, is in the bottom right area. 

was my inspiration for these:

O0gl33H.jpg

If you want I can make an alternate version of the tibanna gas kit, with square turbolaser and the above missile launcher, after i'm done with the mc80 debris !

Edited by LinoB
4 hours ago, Cap116 said:

Do you have any photos of the Mercy class station at the large size? I saw the regular size one on the linked imgur post, and it has a good size comparison with the ships on the board, but I would like to see the large one in comparison to the ships in the same way if it's possible.

Thank you

Sorry I don't own a large variant but there is a picture of the large variant compare to a ISD, 4th post 2nd page of this topic !

I must have forgotten what they look like on that mission. Its been a while, since i played. And its impossible to record that game for me at a decent resolution.

5 hours ago, LinoB said:

Sorry I don't own a large variant but there is a picture of the large variant compare to a ISD, 4th post 2nd page of this topic !

Thanks, I must have missed them as the thread has developed.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:52 AM, LinoB said:

Hi Thanks... Yes, I know there is a big difference in price and that is why both can fit with any top. To be honest, my first upload was with separated "ramps" and it costed more than the actual one and this is because the way of Shapeway pricing. For example the one piece is like (base price + model volume + support material + machine space"including all the emptiness around" + labour) if I divide the "ramps" you get the same volume a little less support mat and around same machine space + the extra 4 parts cost) I have tried to link them with sprue but then you are charged for the extra plastic with no use and the price was a little higher than the actual.

To express my personal opinion, Shapeway offer a great service, but the pricing is not good for smooth details, even more with the last price increment (during the modelling of the mc80 it was around 110$ cad and get up to a little more than 150$ cad one week before I release it). Knowing I could make the same model and sell it for around 30-40$ cad with a Anycubic Photon I really start to think about buying one and start producing on demands...

If you don't want to wait, you can order the mid part in versatile plastic you will loose a little detail, but the mid part is not the one you will see the most during a game.

Hi (and thanks for engaging!), I think you have to make it two separate items. So the piller as one part (really, this already is the B version you have online) and the ramps as a whole separate second item, exactly for the reason you already specify: you pay for the empty space. But that way, the empty space around the model is not as high as the whole mid section. In fact, just the ramps next to one another, all oriented in the same direction, should make for a cheap item by itself with hardly any empty space. I think that's the only way of doing it on shapeways.

As a painter, I have no interest in any material that is not smooth and doesn't have all the intricate details you modeled. This thing really looks fantastic (and I wish FFG would produce it as a scenery pack for us with asteroids, that would make so much sense!)

After looking at the regular and the X-large model in your pictures, I think the X-Large is the one that looks best with the Armada ships. If you would do the ramps separate and it becomes affordable, I would order that from shapeways. If you are saying that you are going to sell that directly, please consider me a customer, and I will wait for you to have that setup running (provided the wait is reasonable, lol). I would then actually purchase a full set of standard obstacles: asteroids, the station, wreckage, armed station, unarmed station, dust cloud, etc. (just putting some ideas in your head!)

On 5/24/2019 at 11:28 AM, RobertDD said:

I think you have to make it two separate items. So the piller as one part

I will give it a try this week , Once done with the debris, I also understand why you dont want it in versatile.

If you are saying that you are going to sell that directly

Yes this is sumthing I m seriously thinking about, If a get a printer it's going to be around the end of this summer.

14 hours ago, LinoB said:

I will give it a try this week , Once done with the debris, I also understand why you dont want it in versatile.

Awesome! Please do the larger one. :)

Hi some of you may have notice that I did the modification to the mid section, suggested by RobertDD, He also asked me to make a underside for the mercy class so I take some time a make one.

eHirUNU.jpg

It's available for the standard and large size as a kit.

If you are saying that you are going to sell that directly

Its official I have order a Epax x1 resin printer and I will start making all my models in near future !!!

Why?

Demand : since I started making models for Armada lots of folks asked me for the files and /or if I was going to make them myself.

Price: I will not get into details, but shapeway pricing on smooth plastic is just wrong. Thanks to a slicer tool, I made some pricing estimation and for all my big models (station top lrg, mid lrg, Mc 80, etc) they will be down to under a quarter of actual price. Small models (Ext rack, satellites, etc) will be ludiscrously cheap because I will be able to mass produce.

Quality: Shapeways smooth plastic is pretty good looking for sure, but if you want to go take a look at the spec of the Epax and I'm confident to achieve equal or even better result and without the porous supported surface (support will be removed and sanded).

The Bads: I know I will not be able to produce like an industrial shop so it will take a little more time to fufill demands. I also feel sad for everyone including myself who paid the big price...

If you want more information about this send me a pm !

Now about the mc 80 debris, I'm making good progress, but it will still need a bit of time. I have made a render of the unfinished rear part:

5gO9bq0.jpg

y9W1jXQ.jpg

I hope you understand why it take that much time ;)

Man, your modeling work is amazing.

I have been watching the dev work (checking the forum everyday to see if this thread has anything new). Once your private shop is up Ill definitely be jumping into the queue.

8 hours ago, LinoB said:

Hi some of you may have notice that I did the modification to the mid section, suggested by RobertDD, He also asked me to make a underside for the mercy class so I take some time a make one.

eHirUNU.jpg

It's available for the standard and large size as a kit.

Its official I have order a Epax x1 resin printer and I will start making all my models in near future !!!

Why?

Demand : since I started making models for Armada lots of folks asked me for the files and /or if I was going to make them myself.

Price: I will not get into details, but shapeway pricing on smooth plastic is just wrong. Thanks to a slicer tool, I made some pricing estimation and for all my big models (station top lrg, mid lrg, Mc 80, etc) they will be down to under a quarter of actual price. Small models (Ext rack, satellites, etc) will be ludiscrously cheap because I will be able to mass produce.

Quality: Shapeways smooth plastic is pretty good looking for sure, but if you want to go take a look at the spec of the Epax and I'm confident to achieve equal or even better result and without the porous supported surface (support will be removed and sanded).

The Bads: I know I will not be able to produce like an industrial shop so it will take a little more time to fufill demands. I also feel sad for everyone including myself who paid the big price...

If you want more information about this send me a pm !

Now about the mc 80 debris, I'm making good progress, but it will still need a bit of time. I have made a render of the unfinished rear part:

5gO9bq0.jpg

y9W1jXQ.jpg

I hope you understand why it take that much time ;)

33577f.jpg

Where shall we buy from you and what payment methods do you accept?

I will most definitely be ordering some stuff from you once the private store is up, your work is fantastic but shapeways pricing has made me hesitant to order.