Space station, Satellite & more

By LinoB, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

@LinoB yes the missile rack.

5 hours ago, LinoB said:

If you mean a plastic representation of what we see on the upgrade card yeah I can do the reb and imp version.

If you want them yes I can make them public !

and I got the asteroids (Shapeways send them faster than light). made of white versatile processed(polish) they are just 99% matching the 3D models...just perfect!

p0v5CNR.jpg

OkO4afJ.jpg

I goig to reorder the stand pieces next week so dont despair ;)

Sweet! And those rocks look amazing. Those are definitely going to be in my next order!

I Have made the External racks you can find them in the "Ship mod" section !

I have also ordered the asteroid stand v 2.0 and crossing my finger that this time I will get it.

How the X rack should look:

5iQLOOF.jpg

Edited by LinoB

You waited for them, it take much more time than I initialy expected but they are there...The asteroids are now available !!!

Now going back to work on the debris fields.

All pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/hSCWdCe

oAGm6Qj.jpg

Those external racks would be awesome!

What's the shape difference between space station base A and B? Which one is made the same shape as the token?

35 minutes ago, Fallenwolf15 said:

What's the shape difference between space station base A and B? Which one is made the same shape as the token?

Looking at them, it seems that they are an inverse of each other, since the station has an asymmetric shape the stand shape A corresponds to one side of the obstacle being up and shape B to the other side being up - that way you can put the model on top of the station no matter how the cardboard obstacle is placed on the table.

39 minutes ago, Fallenwolf15 said:

Both, one for which ever side of the FFG space station token is facing up.

Like a ninja, this guy.

Edited by cynanbloodbane

I would love to get my hands on some asteroids!!

Happy new year everyone and hope you all get a nice holiday !!!
A long time since my last post, I did not get much free time lately, I am working on the debris but will take some time.

I have done some fighter, including an ugly witch I don't think exist, but before I break it apart, I decided to make a fighter pack out of it.

I proudly present you the BTL-170:

ViyXjkU.jpg

vrPrE76.jpg

You can find them under the ship mod section.

And some work in progress on the main debris feature:
KqEYUzK.jpg

I want to thank everyone who supported me its really nice to know my creations are appreciated :)

Well, there goes my new years resolution of spending less on gaming this year...Dammit @LinoB what have you done 😭

If you are looking for some unique things to design, Try designing a Interactive Tibanna Gas platform. Make it have "Tabs" along the top portion that allow Tibanna Gas Canisters to be attached to the pylon, and then tabs in the larger canisters that could be attached to the platform itself. Also include some Turbo Lasers or Concussion Missile Launchers turrets that can also be attached the same way as the larger Canisters.

Example of Appearance and the Inspiration for the Idea. (Rogue Squadron 3D - Battle above Taloraan)

maxresdefault.jpg

If you REALLY wanna go overboard, there is always "Cloud City" (Taloraan City) as well. Will that we could recreate the entire Battle of Taloraan Mission.

@Zeoinx thank for the suggestion, I will add them to my todo list ! Side note this game was one of my fav on the N64 and I was planning to one day make the skyhook.

3 hours ago, LinoB said:

@Zeoinx thank for the suggestion, I will add them to my todo list ! Side note this game was one of my fav on the N64 and I was planning to one day make the skyhook.

I don't think the skyhook was featured in the First Rogue Squadron. Might have been the other one on N64 with Dash Rendar.

@LinoB , love the BTL-170. Even though it is, it hardly deserves the designation of "ugly". That is beautiful!

I would happily add ANY other uglies, that you have the urge to create to my cart!

(Please make more uglies!)

On 1/11/2019 at 2:34 AM, Zeoinx said:

I don't think the skyhook was featured in the First Rogue Squadron. Might have been the other one on N64 with Dash Rendar.

**** you are right skyhook was feature in shadow of the empire...

On 1/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, cynanbloodbane said:

@LinoB , love the BTL-170. Even though it is, it hardly deserves the designation of "ugly". That is beautiful!

I would happily add ANY other uglies, that you have the urge to create to my cart!

(Please make more uglies!)

Thank you, as I was making the model I myself though that is was to good looking to the be called and "Ugly" ;)

3 hours ago, LinoB said:

**** you are right skyhook was feature in shadow of the empire...

Mwahahaha

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi, I'm proudly presenting you a new Ugly ship ;) the "Black Sun Cruiser"! I made this model for the debris field, just like the BTL-170, I uploaded it as a stand alone ship before destroying it.

Hg04kBC.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XUTPW8K62/armada-black-sun-cruiser?optionId=87106074

So debris field are progressing and I have also start to work on the tibana gas platform, I will post picture of it next weekend.

Ordered two sets of External Racks, and am highly satisfied. I find a dark color is best for paint to avoid showing any printed texture, but I'm far from the most skilled of painters. They work great with the Hammerhead (naturally) and the MC75, but with some cutting look nice on the VSD and Raider too. I'll upload some pictures once I find a suitable photo sharing site that doesn't send my name, social security number and eyelash length to the Devil (or something.) One very minor issue: the tips of the missiles don't protrude terribly far from the rack, making it difficult (though not impossible) to accent them properly.

9.5/10, would recommend and will be buying more!

@The Jabbawookie Wow, thank you for your review and feedback!!! Following your comment on the External rack I just made some modification so the missile head protrude more. Any info that let me improve my models are greatly appreciated !

Here some pic of the Tibanna gas platform WIP, I still have to add plating and details but the thing will be finish next weekend.
the core platform is split in 3 parts to make it easier to paint :
h1ZyJor.png

with the gas cells:
eCPeyNq.png

the various accessories :

xPKc4D4.png

The platform will pin on x -wing small peg and will come with an adaptor to fit my station support and x-wing large peg.

It took me a little more time than I expected but the Tibanna refinery is done:

Lwhv099.jpg

6GVyDD8.jpg

now I goin to put all my effort to finish the debris, so please no special demand until they are done ;)

1 hour ago, LinoB said:

It took me a little more time than I expected but the Tibanna refinery is done:

Lwhv099.jpg

6GVyDD8.jpg

now I goin to put all my effort to finish the debris, so please no special demand until they are done ;)

Fantastic work! Really makes me want to get a few and make that battle all over again. Also have that itch to play rogue squadron again lol

On 2/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

Ordered two sets of External Racks, and am highly satisfied. I find a dark color is best for paint to avoid showing any printed texture, but I'm far from the most skilled of painters. They work great with the Hammerhead (naturally) and the MC75, but with some cutting look nice on the VSD and Raider too. I'll upload some pictures once I find a suitable photo sharing site that doesn't send my name, social security number and eyelash length to the Devil (or something.) One very minor issue: the tips of the missiles don't protrude terribly far from the rack, making it difficult (though not impossible) to accent them properly.

9.5/10, would recommend and will be buying more!

Got any pictures of those External Racks? I'd love to see them on a model before I buy some.

1 minute ago, Nerf_Herder2187 said:

Got any pictures of those External Racks? I'd love to see them on a model before I buy some.

Sure thing, I’ll get home to my collection in a couple hours.