Space station, Satellite & more

By LinoB, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Hi all
I am starting this topic so I can centralize all announcements for my making.
If you want to get your hands on my models you need to contact me. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OnilCreation or send me a pm here!

You can also find models I upload on Thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/Onil_Creations/designs

Note:

1- Suggestion and request are welcome!

my todo list:

• Core set obstacles - done (imperial theme debris fields comming up)
  • CC obstacle - armed/unarmed station, dust field - todo
  • Ritr obstacle - exogorth, purrgil, gravity rifth
  • Defense satellite - Done - request
  • Modular Tibanna gas refinery - Done - request
  • and more...

A display of my models collection:

kbHDzTB.png

LBjuxm6.png

Lggyu07.png

Edited by LinoB
Update

Upcoming in around a week or two, will come sprue in various pack size and configuration !

image of my concept i added the Cinder Satellite asked by @Nostromoid and a laser turret asked by @Indy_com .

tZBktpp.jpg

Work in progress asteroids

CQWRqcT.jpg

Edited by LinoB

Really cool and well done! If you ever have bigger projects and need a hand lmk.

20 hours ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

Really cool and well done! If you ever have bigger projects and need a hand lmk.

Thanks for the comment and thanks for the offer i have sent you a pm ;)

Tag me when you have completed asteroids :)

On 7/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, LinoB said:

Hi all
I am starting this topic so i can centralize all announcement for my making.
You can get all the stuff i do here https://www.shapeways.com/shops/onil-creations

Note:
1- Suggestion and request are welcome !
2- Even if i can im not planning to go into ship making as we already have Mel who did fantastic thing !

my todo list:

• Asteroids
  • Debris fields
  • Dust fields
  • Unarmed space station
  • Armed station my own Reb and Imp concept

pic of the station (primed + grey coat)

Mo8qRx6.jpg

So, is that the regular version or the large version?

Are the large and regular parts interchangeable, or do you need a large top on a large midsection?

53 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

So, is that the regular version or the large version?

Are the large and regular parts interchangeable, or do you need a large top on a large midsection?

Hi cynan

The one show in the pic is the regular version. All station parts are compatible with each other, i will edit the 1st post and my product description on shapeway. Thanks for raising those points !

On 7/9/2018 at 3:17 AM, LinoB said:

Hi cynan

The one show in the pic is the regular version. All station parts are compatible with each other, i will edit the 1st post and my product description on shapeway. Thanks for raising those points !

Are the standard parts interchangeable?

Can i use a part A mid section with a part B top?

5 hours ago, DrakonLord said:

Are the standard parts interchangeable?

Can i use a part A mid section with a part B top?

Hi

Sorry i forget to specify in the description. Yes they are compatible !

I will update product descriptions.

23 hours ago, LinoB said:

Hi

Sorry i forget to specify in the description. Yes they are compatible !

I will update product descriptions.

Awesome! Cant wait for the asteroids as well ^_^

Would it be possible to get an adapter to the X-Wing large peg?

I have a station already setup to take mels Xq series platform.

12 hours ago, E-Man720 said:

Would it be possible to get an adapter to the X-Wing large peg?

I have a station already setup to take mels Xq series platform.

Hi

Yes i can do adapter, I will pm you to know your exact needs !

Thanks, @LinoB ! Just ordered mine. I'll post pics once I get it painted.

Hi everyone

The satellites are now available :) !!!

and you can see my work in progress on them here: https://imgur.com/a/XbOqOuQ

I'm also working on some stands: square with Arc and LoS and simple variant.

yevlyeo.jpg

Edited by LinoB

Love it! My favorite is the 12 pack of mixed Rebel and Imperial SATs. Any chance you could make a 16 pack by adding 2 of each relay sat to that 12 pack?

These are definitely going in the cart!

Looking forward to seeing the asteroids and debris fields!

@cynanbloodbane Thanks ! Yes I can do a pack of 16 and will make the other mix pack with relay include as well, they will be on my shop page by tomorrow.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:37 PM, LinoB said:

@cynanbloodbane Thanks ! Yes I can do a pack of 16 and will make the other mix pack with relay include as well, they will be on my shop page by tomorrow.

Sweet!In the cart it goes.

Some update on my station painting (base coat), i will post some news about the asteroids later this week !

cgmpZEd.jpg

7o1OLH3.jpg WjJ0uhI.jpg Uapcqs6.jpg

*eagerly awaits asteroid news*

1EqmhxV.jpg

Arrived and painted. Thanks for creating this, @LinoB !

Now just waiting on those asteroid and debris fields...

Edited by Admiral Calkins
Updated picture from Imgur

Hi everyone !
Time for some news about the asteroids, warning this post is realy long ;)
I have ordered a prototype set of various fittings and some asteroids, I will get them in about 2 weeks if everything ok they will be on my shop page the same day I get my order !

The stands gives me a good headache. Whats the perfect height, how to dispose asteroids taking into acount stability, etc. And there I got an illumination, why not making stands customizable...so I make it !

For stands I think of making 2 pack variant, one will be minimal the other will allow more customization. Unfortunately asteroids will come separate in multiple pack, the main reason is because I hit the 1million polygon upload limitation of Shapeways for a bundle of 3-4 . I dont have the estimated price yet as I'm still reducing polycount and emptying the asteroids to reduce cost.

Here some screen of the custom stand system, asteroids feature in the screen are 1 tiny, 1 small and 1 med, the cr90 is for size comparison:

Stands parts

IBdNJTa.jpg

How it work

yyvG1m3.jpg

Example A

S388WTk.jpg

Example B

61U8kzU.jpg

If you have any suggestion/idea about the asteroid I still have around 2 week to work on it.

This part of the post is a bit technical but explain why I usualy order stuff before releasing it.
Ok so far all my interlocking parts work pretty good the first time, its maybe because of my machinist background (manual lathe operator) and my knowlege of push fit tolerance or its just luck.

When I work in Blender I do it like I was making a part in a machine shop, for example: I make a 2mm pin to plug in a 2mm hole I must apply a H7/h6 tolerance to get a nice push fit, then I do my calculation and it should be done. BUT in reality I must deal with the following: print tolerance +/- 0.15mm for natural plastic & +/- 0.1 for FUD. From my measurement, things from Shapeways usualy have a + 0,1mm thickness on every surfaces. If I have to make sumthing that must interlock with FFG parts then I must add the size deviation of those parts into account.
With this amount of variables even if I apply machining tolerance in the 3D software it can still fall into 3 types of fits : A-too large. B-perfect fit. C- loose fit(Worst case scenario).

So what I do to avoid fitting problem is making all my fit in the 1/1 ratio( +/- 0.0mm tolerance) and make the pin a little taper, resulting so far in B and A fit, but I order thing just to be sure it will not fall in the C fit .

Would be nice to allow the arms to rotate freely so you can rotate asteroids/debris out of the way when ships are next to them?

59 minutes ago, Thraug said:

Would be nice to allow the arms to rotate freely so you can rotate asteroids/debris out of the way when ships are next to them?

They actualy can, arms and extenders will be able to rotate 360 degree and asteroid will also be able to rotate but some limited by their shape.

Looks amazing! I'll order it real soon! :)

Hi everyone

More asteroids news !

What I planed for asteroid distribution on token was 4 on the larger one a 3 on both of the other so a total of 10 asteroids. I worked on them a good part of the weekend. I manage to finish all of them, reducing polycount allow me to separate them in 2 pack of 5, I would have liked to make them in a single pack but to reach this level of polygon they will look somewhat minecraftiest.

Side note about the station, from @Admiral Calkins and some other peoples feedback, I have made a mirrored and a "dual side" variant of the station base.

As always suggestion and feedback are welcome !

here some screen of the asteroids:

for size compare

5hP6UhS.jpg

a little render

rj4VhBx.jpg