STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

On 9/7/2019 at 5:08 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

v3ezabjls3l31.jpg

The first four Season Two titles

Spoilers

Spoielrs

Synopsis of first two episodes of Season Two

S02 E01 Into the Unknown

Having been launched into space by Kaz and crew, the Colossus is having engineering problems, which is made worse by a mysterious stow away.

S02 E02 A Quick Salvage Run

With the Colossus in need of Hyperfuel, Kaz suggests they take it from a downed First Order ship. The salvage mission is compromised when the First Order arrives.

p9ggwpovugm31.jpg

h4ki7e64nhm31.jpg

Spoilers

Synopsis episode 3

S02 E03 Live Fire

Kaz officially joins the Aces, as does Yeager, who trains them to become better combat pilots. Tam learns what it is like to be a First Order Pilot.

On 9/15/2019 at 4:20 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Spoilers

Synopsis episode 3

S02 E03 Live Fire

Kaz officially joins the Aces, as does Yeager, who trains them to become better combat pilots. Tam learns what it is like to be a First Order Pilot.

Tam's totally going to turn around again by the end of the series.

3 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Tam's totally going to turn around again by the end of the series.

That's what I'm thinking, barring deep flush brain washing. The foreshadowing is there already, and I think the trigger for he flip back is going to be her mentor openly displaying a level of brutality that goes contrary to what Tam will have assumed was within the First Order's capability. Likely racially motivated, in a similar manner to what kept happening to the Tenctonese in the old Alien Nation tv series (**** I'm dating myself with this one...).

Ref:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Nation_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenctonese

God I really want Tam to stay bad.

Can we please just have Villains proper? Character development arcs do not always have to end positively.

Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

Can we please just have Villains proper? Character development arcs do not always have to end positively.

Kids shows of this type tend to require a redeemed hero, even if a secondary character to demonstrate compassion in allowing them to return to the fold, to fill them out...

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Kids shows of this type tend to require a redeemed hero, even if a secondary character to demonstrate compassion in allowing them to return to the fold, to fill them out...

That is of course fair and quite true.

But we are also part of the target demographic. And my age alone will spike that viewership chart.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

Wow, I agreed with one of your posts. Maybe I ate something weird...anyway this show isn't good at all so I doubt they would let her stay a bad guy.

17 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Wow, I agreed with one of your posts. Maybe I ate something weird...anyway this show isn't good at all so I doubt they would let her stay a bad guy.

Maybe I ate something weird.

But there's a myriad of reasons I want Tam to stay a villain. Heroism nor villainy discriminates in who it effects. That they even had non caucasian coded characters playing a villainous role is in this market somewhat atypical, but welcome, as I welcome diversity in all things. That's just one facet of why Tam (and her mentor) as a villain is a good thing. The other reason is of course that negative character arcs- especially in children's programming, is all too rare and needs to be explored as a narrative avenue. Not enough dedemption these days.

(Wow, that's a word?)

On 9/16/2019 at 2:10 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

I can understand this sentiment but with this target audience and Tam's character so far, I really kind of doubt it. In season 1, she didn't really feel like the kind of person that would agree with the FO if she knew what all they were actually doing, she mainly wants security, comfort, and the chance to fly. I think she's going to realize the cost of her choice over time. It's possible for her to decide it's too late to turn back. But ultimately, I think it will be some level of a redemption story for the character.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:37 AM, Captain Lackwit said:

Not enough dedemption these days.

(Wow, that's a word?)

Yep.

Spoilers

Spoilers

09t9cej252o31.jpg

8 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Spoilers

Spoilers

09t9cej252o31.jpg

To be fair, the Warbirds would have probably brought food back, you just don't want to know how they'd possibly gotten it.

500?cb=20190320055324

46 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Can't wait!

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I spy a Black and Red T-70 (I think its a T-70) with some extra wing flaps.

...uh the Double X-wing? XX-Wing?

7 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Looks pretty weird! But it's also 100% cannon fodder!

Looks like an X wing with the engine cooler-downers from an Arc.

image.png.85de9437d078c00cc34f8cfa57cbd5c5.png

37 minutes ago, Whalers on the moon said:

Looks like an X wing with the engine cooler-downers from an Arc.

image.png.85de9437d078c00cc34f8cfa57cbd5c5.png

We call those S-Foils. The fuselage is different too, as are the engine assemblies. About all it has from T-70s are the S-Foils.

8 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

I think it’s the *-wing...

There's some wrecked x-wings behind red ace at about 0:21 as well.

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

We call those S-Foils. The fuselage is different too, as are the engine assemblies. About all it has from T-70s are the S-Foils.

If you pause at 0:13 and skip the video by clicking the line you can see it unexploded for a brief moment. It looks like something we've not seen before to me.