Old Republic (Jedi Civil War) PbP Anyone?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@satkaz , all looks good to me. Regarding the Mandalorian raid; as the raids that prompted the war begin around the same time as the quest to the caves, are you ok with it being just a standard raid?

@awayputurwpn , this all seems fine. If you can fill in the back-story and equipment, you’ll be good to go! Also, I noticed you didn’t spend your morality on xp, are you planning on using it to effect your lightside/darkside starting point?

@Shlambate , I think you’ve sold yourself short on the free skill ranks by 1. Other than that if you include your equipment to have the gear I listed, you’re about ready to go!

@Matt Skywalker , I think you’re missing a free skill point as well (humans get 2 non-career skill ranks). Other than that, all seems fine.

@KungFuFerret , all of that seems fine to me, though you haven’t listed you current xp, I’m assuming you used morality to gain an extra 10xp?

@Kymrel all looks good, I think you’re ready!

@Vergence , another that seems fine to me.

@SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION , you’ve listed the starting xp of the Taung as 80, and assuming you use morality that’ll give you 90, but I’ve got your xp cost at 120. You will get an additional 150 xp after the first session for the knight level, but until then could you adjust your stats so you don’t pass 90 (or 80 if you’re using moraility for something else). Also, the characters are going to the crystal caves before the Mandalorian war, so I think you’ll want to alter your back-story a bit. As a Taung you’re welcome to go and fight for the Mandalorians, but you will have passed your trials by that point. I’d also recommend in your back-story that you somehow kept your involvement in the war from the council, as they exiled anyone who went to war, and probably wouldn’t reinstate one who went to war against the Republic. Keeping the gun you have listed secret may make sense as well, as I don’t think the council would approve a Jedi using a rifle.

@Stneu73 if you let me know when you have your character down, I’ll take a look at it.

@Tramp Graphics , if you can let me know if you’re planning on joining or not, that’d be a big help for organising as well.

@Shlambate , feel free to take the robes as well.

@KungFuFerret , we're at 9-10, so quite a big group for this one! Still, should make for more epic battles etc.

Cheers guys, hope that's all ok!

11 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@KungFuFerret , all of that seems fine to me, though you haven’t listed you current xp, I’m assuming you used morality to gain an extra 10xp?

My current xp is zero, so I just left it blank. And yes I took the +10 XP option at generation. I can provide my expenditure sheet if you wish to review it.

That's fine, I just wanted to check whether you'd used morality or not.

30 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

That's fine, I just wanted to check whether you'd used morality or not.

F&D characters have to choose Morality :P

*for xp :P

Yeah, that can work that it was a standard raid.

I can also change the order of events around in the background so that while the quest in the caves happen, the raid is going on, and can be referenced in the Trials.

Whichever you really want for your backstory. Both seem fine.

Alright. Will probably have it as a standard raid before becoming a Padawan. Also, will go for the Starfighter Ace route then.

To give a basic outline of Gaze's further background, he's going to have been sent out with his Master to help heal the survivors of the Mando-Jedi conflicts, his Master feeling the best way to improve his medical training is to actually heal people. He's going to suffer some loses by the time the war ends, which will change him significantly compared to where he starts the game.

Sounds great, will be an interesting development!

Alright I update Zoroku's sheet, It has some of things you recommended the Order would give him, I didn't take the Glow Stick because Chiss can see in the Infrared. How much of a Time Skip will happen between the Crystal gathering quest and getting to Knight level characters?

Done. I switched him over from a pathfinder so there may have been a littke confusion in my head as to everything. Backstory is fixed to.

That's fine, and the time skip will be approximatly 15 years

13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

That's fine, and the time skip will be approximatly 15 years

And are we going with the common "Kids are about 8-12 years old (roughly)" when they first get their crystal" age bracket? Or younger perhaps.

If the character is a child at this point, then probably yeah.

Gunda was a teenager when he was discovered to be force sensitive and is now about 21 years old.

I added to the Notes section that Kazz'oro'kuruozo was discovered by the Jedi at the age of 14 is that too old or about right for the whole crystal gathering. That would put him at 29 after the time skip.

If you're happy with him being older for the main campaign, it isn't really a problem.

I'll have Gaze be about 9 when he starts, that will make him 24 ish when we fast forward. I think I can remember what it was like to be mid 20's again.

Haha, just be obnoxious to strangers! :-p

http://swsheets.com/c/8d6ykdeum-swae-xor

Here we are Svae Xor.

I'll write his backstory in a bit. He's gonna be a scout/spy kind of guy. Good with animals

Edited by Stneu73

@Rabobankrider , I've got the basic character's stats finished, and just need to transfer it over to SWSheets and name him.

@Stneu73 , do I see a beastrider coming on? That reminds me. I should have said earlier, but if anyone wants to take additional specializations from EotE or AoR, feel free to. For feedback, all looks good but you are missing your emotional strength and weakness, so if you can add that at some point that'd be great.

@Tramp Graphics , I noticed you;d only taken 5xp from your morality. Because of the starting situation of the characters, you can take the 10xp and just request any additional items you want from me. Other than that it all looks good to me.

Ok guys! So I think we're in a stage where we can make a start to the campaign! I'll make the ooc and ic thread tonight for you to all post in. If we could start in the ooc with just destiny point rolls, and ic if you can just make one post each to introduce your characters to the campaign and the others. Feel free to already know each other from training etc.

Also, are you guys ok with me delegating lightsaber colours to start with? One of the things I love about the Old Republic is the fact that the colours represent positions in the order. If you guys decide to pick up crystals later on, then you can choose any colour you want, but I think it'd be interesting to see how that would turn out.

Looking forward to this campaign guys, let the chaos ensue!

11 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stneu73 , do I see a beastrider coming on? That reminds me. I should have said earlier, but if anyone wants to take additional specializations from EotE or AoR, feel free to. For feedback, all looks good but you are missing your emotional strength and weakness, so if you can add that at some point that'd be great.

@Tramp Graphics , I noticed you;d only taken 5xp from your morality. Because of the starting situation of the characters, you can take the 10xp and just request any additional items you want from me. Other than that it all looks good to me.

Ok guys! So I think we're in a stage where we can make a start to the campaign! I'll make the ooc and ic thread tonight for you to all post in. If we could start in the ooc with just destiny point rolls, and ic if you can just make one post each to introduce your characters to the campaign and the others. Feel free to already know each other from training etc.

Also, are you guys ok with me delegating lightsaber colours to start with? One of the things I love about the Old Republic is the fact that the colours represent positions in the order. If you guys decide to pick up crystals later on, then you can choose any colour you want, but I think it'd be interesting to see how that would turn out.

Looking forward to this campaign guys, let the chaos ensue!

I took the +5 XP+1000 credits option and spent the money on his utility belt/bandolier and Ancient sword, leaving him with 150 credits left. I've deliberately kept him book legal. When he does eventually build a lightsaber (which he currently lacks any skill to do), I would rather choose my own color for the blade.