Old Republic (Jedi Civil War) PbP Anyone?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

19 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stneu73 , do I see a beastrider coming on? That reminds me. I should have said earlier, but if anyone wants to take additional specializations from EotE or AoR, feel free to. For feedback, all looks good but you are missing your emotional strength and weakness, so if you can add that at some point that'd be great.

@Tramp Graphics , I noticed you;d only taken 5xp from your morality. Because of the starting situation of the characters, you can take the 10xp and just request any additional items you want from me. Other than that it all looks good to me.

Ok guys! So I think we're in a stage where we can make a start to the campaign! I'll make the ooc and ic thread tonight for you to all post in. If we could start in the ooc with just destiny point rolls, and ic if you can just make one post each to introduce your characters to the campaign and the others. Feel free to already know each other from training etc.

Also, are you guys ok with me delegating lightsaber colours to start with? One of the things I love about the Old Republic is the fact that the colours represent positions in the order. If you guys decide to pick up crystals later on, then you can choose any colour you want, but I think it'd be interesting to see how that would turn out.

Looking forward to this campaign guys, let the chaos ensue!

Alright, looking forward to it. For lightsaber color, I wouldn't mind. Could be different than what I would normally pick.

For anyone interested in the 'traditional' colour scheme, this is what I read from Kotor material:

Green, consular (FFG consular, mystic)

Blue, guardian (FFG guardian, warrior)

Yellow, sentinel

Orange, seeker

Then there's a bunch of others for personality traits etc (brown for physical strength, black for self absorption etc). I've always found it quite interesting :P

So Zoroku would get a yellow Lightsaber by this scheme here no?

34 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stneu73 , do I see a beastrider coming on? That reminds me. I should have said earlier, but if anyone wants to take additional specializations from EotE or AoR, feel free to. For feedback, all looks good but you are missing your emotional strength and weakness, so if you can add that at some point that'd be great.

Yeah I'm definitely thinking a beast rider. Not too much into combat but a strong force user. Yeah I've been debating what it should be going back and forth. I'll get it in by tonight

Yeah, if we were to go solely by this scheme I'm guessing it would look like this:

Walden, blue

Quell, yellow

Mull, green

Zoroku, yellow

Tiberius, blue

Matt, green

Gaze, green

Gunda, orange

Svae, orange

Kataddik, yellow

But if people wnat to make their own choices, that works too. :)

And I've always loved beast rider characters since reading the comics about the battle for Iziz. If you want to work on the riding side of things, take a look in the Ace supplement, there's a specialization dedicated to beast riding.

I have no problem with you choosing a color. My guy will probably use it more as a tool than a weapon. Also do you have any issue with me making a shoto instead of a full one? Just seems more fitting for my guy.

I prefer blue, and never really subscribed to the "color=purpose" view on crystals. But whatever.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

And I've always loved beast rider characters since reading the comics about the battle for Iziz. If you want to work on the riding side of things, take a look in the Ace supplement, there's a specialization dedicated to beast riding.

Definitely will. I'll probably get beast rider eventually.

Cool, it will cost you 30xp instead of the usual 20 as it's out of the starting career though.

Also looking forward after the time skip could I add an animal companion and narrate it into the time skip?

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

Cool, it will cost you 30xp instead of the usual 20 as it's out of the starting career though.

Yeah I know that but it's all good. And since it'll be my third spec it would be 40 right? Or am I doing my math wrong

I think you only have hermit so far, so it shouldn't be a problem unless you take one between then and now.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Yeah, if we were to go solely by this scheme I'm guessing it would look like this:

Walden, blue

Quell, yellow

Mull, green

Zoroku, yellow

Tiberius, blue

Matt, green

Gaze, green

Gunda, orange

Svae, orange

Kataddik, yellow

Just now, KungFuFerret said:

I prefer blue, and never really subscribed to the "color=purpose" view on crystals. But whatever.

I'm with @KungFuFerret on this. When Kataddik does finally make a lightsaber (not yet) it will be a white with only a hint of blue tint. While I do like yellow blades it doesn't fit this character.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think you only have hermit so far, so it shouldn't be a problem unless you take one between then and now.

In the time skip I'm gonna take Pathfinder. It'll be after pathfinder.

Well anyone is welcome to choose there own colour so it's all good.

Ah ok, then yeah, it will be more expensive.

I'll take Blue then, so that it matches the picture I found to represent him.

I just like blue :P

@Rabobankrider looking forward to the time skip could I add an animal companion and narrate how it and Svae met into the time skip?

I don't see why not, but nothing too big at this stage. Stuff like mounts of big bad monsters you can work on during the campaign.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Walden, blue

Quell, yellow

Mull, green

Zoroku, yellow

Tiberius, blue

Matt, green

Gaze, green

Gunda, orange

Svae, orange

Kataddik, yellow

I'm ok with Muu having green

Personally, if I can have white I'll be happy as a clam

Well if @Tramp Graphics is, I don't see why you can't

While I don't mind orange, having a green blade would fit with the picture. I don't mind much either way.