Old Republic (Jedi Civil War) PbP Anyone?

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Ah ok, well we can just go with majority rules then. Either way whatever faction you end up in you can fall or redeem yourself as you want to so it should be ok either way. :)

Building.......... Hmmmm the possibilities

Also to those asking if they can join and I forgot to respond, you are all so far welcome to be a part.

4 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

I would strongly encourage not going PC vs PC. That's not going to have a happy ending.

The two groups should probably be no where near each other, but be able to feel the effects of the other. If the Jedi succeed in their mission it could give the Sith a quest to counter it and vice versa.

That can work if people are set on specific factions yeah.

What about other force traditions, would you be open to those?

Edited by Stneu73

Hmm, having each side split up...that seems like it'd be a lot to juggle.

I'm down. Don't care either way Jedi or Sith

I've got a rough concept for a character. At the moment I'm considering a vehicle-oriented Dug. Probably some combination of Ataru Striker and Racer, starting with one spec and aiming towards the other.

I've got everything except equipment (unless there's Knight play) if there's a mentor bonus. I'm a mystic makashi duelist,seer

It might be a lot to juggle, yeah. What I'll day is if everyone is ok with it we'll rin this down the jedi side as that seems most popular.

Regarding other force traditions, as far as I'm concerned they are available as they may want to hrelp the jedi. Eg. Gand Findsmen may be guiding the jedi hunting sith etc.

For starting xp, my plan was to begin at regular because I thought it might be fun to go through the jedi trials/force tradition equivelant. This would be followed by a time skip to the campaign time where you gius would be given knight xp to represent the gap. Mentor xp will be availabe at time depending on the individuals situation.

Ok! So I think we have a decent number to look into making a start now. If you could all send me copies of your character sheets to look over that'd be great. Regarding equiptment, to start with you'll only have basic Jedi gear, robes, belt etc, amd you'll be getting your lightsaber in the first session. Any design is viable so feel free to plan that out.

Also, if you could consider the following things in your backstory it'd be a great help for me during set up:

Basic backstory info, parents, planet, initial situation etc.

Who your master was (preferably not one already seen as they still had 1 apprentice to 1 master at this time) amd a bit about them.

Your views on the Mandalorian war (the war Revan lead the Jedi into). Bear in mind anyone who followed him dies or turned to the darkside, but you could still sympathize with him etc.

What you did dueing the Mandalorian war/before the civil war. Key events or just general activity etc.

Any npc relationships you'd like me to include.

Loom foward to seeing what you guys come up with! :-)

Question, since the Mandalorian War is significant for your setting, how long after the War does the beginning of the game take place? Just so I know how much of an age up will happen between events in the War in my background, and when I'm a Padawan.

I'm thinking the game will begin 3958 BBY, the same year Revan returns from unknown space with his fleet. At this point though you'd all probably be high end padawans, preparing to be knights if all things go well.

Let's pretend I don't have the timeline for thousands of years of Star Wars mythology and lore memorized and give me a small time frame post Mando war :D

Are All species are on the table? Or are there any I cannot choose?

Haha, from what I've read, there is a two year gap between the Mandalorian war and the civil war. The Mandalorian war lasted officially four years but including initial raids it's more like sixteen. Before that there had been peace for a few hundred years I think.

As far as I'm concerned all species are allowed, I can't think of any off the top of my head that are particularly op so it should be fine.

Sounds like an interesting game. One thing of note. Remember that a starting Force user is not a Padawan almost ready to become a Knight. HE's an initiate, just starting his Force Training, or having possibly just become a Padawan. A Knight Level character is your average experienced Padawan, not a full on Knight. A Character won't be a full on Knight until he at least has a FR 3 and solid proficiency in Move , Sense , Enhance , Protect , and Foresee , as well as a basic grasp of at least a few other powers.

4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Sounds like an interesting game. One thing of note. Remember that a starting Force user is not a Padawan almost ready to become a Knight. HE's an initiate, just starting his Force Training, or having possibly just become a Padawan. A Knight Level character is your average experienced Padawan, not a full on Knight. A Character won't be a full on Knight until he at least has a FR 3 and solid proficiency in Move , Sense , Enhance , Protect , and Foresee , as well as a basic grasp of at least a few other powers.

Seriously? You come into threads about a pbp that you don't post any interest in joining, just to be pedantic and correct the GM about wording? I mean, I get that the fanbase for most geek/nerd franchise are genetically disposed to pedantic natures, but come on.

Yeah, the plan is that after the trials as younglings they go through their initial trial where they get their crystal. The time skip will take them towards the end of Padawan using the knight level, where they can pass the next set of trials to become an ic knight during the game.

Just now, KungFuFerret said:

Seriously? You come into threads about a pbp that you don't post any interest in joining, just to be pedantic and correct the GM about wording? I mean, I get that the fanbase for most geek/nerd franchise are genetically disposed to pedantic natures, but come on.

You misunderstand there Ferret. I am interested in potentially joining,

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

You misunderstand there Ferret. I am interested in potentially joining,

Doesn't change the nature of correcting the GM about a fairly inane and moot point.

Just now, KungFuFerret said:

Doesn't change the nature of correcting the GM about a fairly inane and moot point.

I don't consider it an "inane", nor "moot" point.

Well I think the points been cleared up so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. In this setting, characters will only be officially considered knights when they pass the trials of skill, courage, spirit, flesh and insight (consular supplement if anyone is interested). My hope is to provide opportunities throughout the campaign to take part in these trials.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Well I think the points been cleared up so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. In this setting, characters will only be officially considered knights when they pass the trials of skill, courage, spirit, flesh and insight (consular supplement if anyone is interested). My hope is to provide opportunities throughout the campaign to take part in these trials.

They also have versions of them in Nexus of Power . I'm not sure if there are any differences in them between the two books though.