3. @rocketrobie2 3s3a Setback dice
  4. @pyciloo
  5. Unknown Being: soak-, -/- wounds, -/- strain adversary 3 1s3a1t
  6. @Shlambate
  7. Statue Horde: soak 3, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men 1s
  8. @Xcapobl
  9. Statue Tunnel Horde: soak 3, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men 1a
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s

@Edgehawk , you have a setback dice on future checks and suffer 2 strain but the triumph means you avoid future fear checks for the remainder of the encounter

@pyciloo you have a setback dice on future checks, and have suffered 1 strain.

@Shlambate you have a setback dice on future checks and have suffered 3 strain.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , you have passed but are staggered for this turn.

@Xcapobl , you have a setback dice on future checks and suffer 1 strain.

So overall pretty scared but not too bad all things considered. @Edgehawk , you're up when ready! :)

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt , you have passed but are staggered for this turn.

How should I narratively square the circle of not being scared, but being so scared that I can't take actions? I'm not sure how to make them line up.

I'd obviously rather just take 3 Strain, but if you want to choose the Staggered option, I need a suggestion on how to narrate that.

It's not that you're too scared to take an Action @P-47 Thunderbolt , you passed the check, but the shock of this vile being of evil using forces beyond reason leaves you shook. Or perhaps your mind is reeling from the power and awe of this spectacle that includes the BBEG and you just have to spend a few seconds (or whatever a Structured Round is in this system) to get your head back in the game. And your not Immobilized as well, so again you're not "frozen" in fear. Lastly, taking 3 Strain would be laaaame! ;)

@Rabobankrider I posted Caieous' turn - can I spend the 3 Advantage from the check to recover Strain? If not can I pass on some Boost to the next PC?

And I forgot how to create a 'hidden contents' text block.

Edited by Jedi Ronin
26 minutes ago, Jedi Ronin said:

And I forgot how to create a 'hidden contents' text block.

Just type [ spoiler ] prior to the hidden contents, without the spaces.

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Just type [ spoiler ] prior to the hidden contents, without the spaces.

@Jedi Ronin with [ /spoiler ] after it (also without the spaces).

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Jedi Ronin with [ /spoiler ] after it (also without the spaces).

I was wondering about that - and I tried it with just the [ spoiler ] and it worked with just that.

Just now, Jedi Ronin said:

I was wondering about that - and I tried it with just the [ spoiler ] and it worked with just that.

Huh.

interesting.

Didn't realize it worked like that as well. I'd learned it the other way.

Pit Combat:

1. @Edgehawk 5s1a
  2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  4. @pyciloo
  6. @Shlambate
  8. @Xcapobl
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s

@Jedi Ronin , you can recover strain if you want.

@rocketrobie2 , you're up! You are currently bound by the lightning from the unknown being, but a hard athletics check will allow you to break out as an action. Don't forget the benefits from @Jedi Ronin 's turn, they can be seen in the ic thread.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:38 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

How should I narratively square the circle of not being scared, but being so scared that I can't take actions? I'm not sure how to make them line up.

I'd obviously rather just take 3 Strain, but if you want to choose the Staggered option, I need a suggestion on how to narrate that.

You stand in shock and awe for a brief moment, unable to do anything but stammer around for a moment. Then you realize, despite this never having been in the simulators on Kamino, this is but one of the many million more... "things"... you would not have seen in the simulators, and fear only freezes future dead soldiers.

Something like that?

@Rabobankrider Quick two questions before I write something up;

The unknown figure is at short range right from Vinteer right?

Would the Athletics check would take up my movement?

Does the Setback from the Fear effect apply to all my Skill checks or only ones that target the source of fear?

Will Brick be able to snag a shield and melee weapon and get back into formation with just 1 Maneuver?

Just now, pyciloo said:

Does the Setback from the Fear effect apply to all my Skill checks or only ones that target the source of fear?

Will Brick be able to snag a shield and melee weapon and get back into formation with just 1 Maneuver?

Fear affects all checks.

Pit Combat:

1. @Edgehawk 5s1a
  2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  4. @pyciloo
  6. @Shlambate
  8. @Xcapobl
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s

@rocketrobie2 , they are at short range of you yes. However because of the time it would need to struggle out of the attack it would be an action. However with something like a triumph I will say that could be a manoeuvre.

@Rabobankrider In that case I'll be using my enhance Force power to hopefully help me out of this jam. I think I'm allowed to just add the force die roll to my athletics one but if it took an action or something to activate it let me know and I can re-roll or ignore the force die.

Escaping the force lightning/binding : 1eP+3eD+1eF 3 failures, 2 Light Side

p-s.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-f.png f-ls-ls.png

Nuts.

@rocketrobie2 , using enhance you can gain two success, taking you to three success vs four failure. However with @Jedi Ronin 's battle meditation you do gain an additional 2 success, making you check a net of one success. This means you are able to break free and still have your manoeuvre.

@Edgehawk , @Shlambate , @Xcapobl , @pyciloo and @P-47 Thunderbolt don't forget you get the same benefits from @Jedi Ronin .

@Rabobankrider Ah shoot! Sorry, I completely forgot about battle meditation buff (I read the reminder above but it completely slipped my mind.)

In that case I'm going to use my maneuver to get into engaged range if the unknown figure and away from the statues(?).

@rocketrobie2 , moving towards the figure has you effectively shoving into the horde of statues (the controller is basically using them like a shield), you can do so if you want but if the statues turn against you they will get two attacks instead of one. If you're ok with the risk that's fine, but if you want to change just let me know.

Pit Combat:

1. @Edgehawk 5s1a
  2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  3. @rocketrobie2 3s3a
  4. @pyciloo
  6. @Shlambate
  8. @Xcapobl
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s

@pyciloo , you're up!

Edited by Rabobankrider

Also to try and help with modifiers, I have added them to your initiative slot:

Pit Combat:

1. @Edgehawk 5s1a 1 setback on all checks, immune to fear checks for the encounter, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  3. @rocketrobie2 3s3a 1 setback dice on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  4. @pyciloo 1 setback on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  6. @Shlambate 1 setback on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  8. @Xcapobl 1 setback dice on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s Staggered, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
39 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@rocketrobie2 , moving towards the figure has you effectively shoving into the horde of statues (the controller is basically using them like a shield), you can do so if you want but if the statues turn against you they will get two attacks instead of one. If you're ok with the risk that's fine, but if you want to change just let me know.

Shoot! In that case I'll probably use my maneuver to back off then. I don't think Vinteer is beefy enough to really get beat on by the statues.

@rocketrobie2 , no problem! You can get back to engaged range with the rest of the party if youw ant. Feel free to edit your ic post accordingly.

@Rabobankrider Done and done.

Right, now about that shield... Really though, however much Maneuver/Action it takes to grab a shield and melee (I'd prefer a Brawl) weapon and get back in formation.

Edited by pyciloo

So my turn?