Fiction Library

By Manchu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Ebb and Flow's story still elusive q.q

Updated again!

8 hours ago, Manchu said:

Updated again!

You're missing Dreams of Shadow, that goes before Heart of the Garden.

There's still no link for it, although I combined the images from the Discord to create a PDF. I also combined the PDF's for the Snow and Sun fiction.

I send them to Kaze no Shiro, because they're also missing them, although I don't know if that helps them.

Anyway, here are the links to my Google Drive until they're posted in another site:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=183dp0gA5r9TNU0zjV-UnzIW5JG80jh5i

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WNVLSqsZNuOsInT_NZTsFyjFtRvUEdHp

Many thanks! I have updated the OP with both.

Edited by Manchu

Thanks fir the work, I’m slowly catching up!

21 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

You're missing Dreams of Shadow, that goes before Heart of the Garden.

There's still no link for it, although I combined the images from the Discord to create a PDF. I also combined the PDF's for the Snow and Sun fiction.

I send them to Kaze no Shiro, because they're also missing them, although I don't know if that helps them.

Anyway, here are the links to my Google Drive until they're posted in another site:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=183dp0gA5r9TNU0zjV-UnzIW5JG80jh5i

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WNVLSqsZNuOsInT_NZTsFyjFtRvUEdHp

Thanks for the links, I have already added these fictions to Kazenoshiro. I have no access to pack fictions in English, as FFG publishes in Spanish the packs, so I have to wait until you guys share the pdf. I thank you a lot and I beg to keep such pdf fictions to be shared for the future.

Both Dreams of Shadow and Snow and Sun are already posted in Kaze no Shiro.

I’d appreciate it if you change the links in the first post to these, mainly because the others are in my Drive and I cannot guarantee I will keep them there forever.

Many thanks.

Thanks, edited per your request.

Updated!

Updated again!

Updated.

Thanks for keeping this updated. I started getting back into reading the L5R stories ever since the RPG stuff started coming out. I'm reading The Sword and the Spirits at the moment. I can't wait to catch up with everything after that and get back into the discussions.

That list is exactly what I was looking for.

However the novela isn't listed in the list.

At what point would I break from the list to read the book?

1 hour ago, Maffster said:

That list is exactly what I was looking for.

However the novela isn't listed in the list.

At what point would I break from the list to read the book?

Just after The Spectres of War and before Repentance does not Come First.

Do not read Repentance until you’ve read the novella, it’s also a Phoenix fiction and has spoilers from the novella!

23 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

Just after The Spectres of War and before Repentance does not Come First.

Do not read Repentance until you’ve read the novella, it’s also a Phoenix fiction and has spoilers from the novella!

Idk if I'd agree with that. Personally I enjoyed reading Repentance does not Come First before reading the novella. It starts off with giving you a tiny piece of the story from the book which leaves you wanting to know more. If anything the ending of the book spoils Repentance. I loved the transition from present (story insert) -> past (book) -> future (end of book) to be a fun read.

14 minutes ago, ElSuave said:

Idk if I'd agree with that. Personally I enjoyed reading Repentance does not Come First before reading the novella. It starts off with giving you a tiny piece of the story from the book which leaves you wanting to know more. If anything the ending of the book spoils Repentance. I loved the transition from present (story insert) -> past (book) -> future (end of book) to be a fun read.

When I started reading the novella, I was expecting all the time for the spoiler from Repentance to happen, and didn’t like it.

Apart from that, Repentance shows you-know-who doing you-know-what and then you’re like “Is that what I think it is?”. But in the novella, when you-know-who does that same thing, he explains that it is not what you think it is, which clears some confusions from Repentance. Confusions that you wouldn’t have if you haven’t read Repentance.

So whats the final answer guys?

6 minutes ago, Maffster said:

To avoid spoilers read the novel before Repentance.

1 hour ago, Maffster said:

There really is no right or wrong answer. Personally I enjoy reading the fiction in published order in which case Repentance came out in late March / early April and the book Sword and the Spirits was released in end of May. Other people have different tastes in reading order.

Repentance was written as a teaser / build-up for the book, but other people will see it as a spoiler for chronological order story telling.

Edited by ElSuave
6 minutes ago, ElSuave said:

There really is no right or wrong answer. Personally I enjoy reading the fiction in published order in which case Repentance came out in late March / early April and the book Sword and the Spirits was released in end of May. Other people have different tastes in reading order.

Repentance was written as a teaser / build-up for the book, but other people will see it as a spoiler for chronological order story telling.

Actually Repentance was meant to be a follow up to the book, however, delays in the final release of the book led to it coming out after the story was released.

5 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Actually Repentance was meant to be a follow up to the book, however, delays in the final release of the book led to it coming out after the story was released.

Really? Man I dropped out of L5R during that period so I never kept up with the news. Only got back into it about a month ago and caught up with the lore. Oh well.

Here is my list
can someone tell me at exactly what number to break off to read the book
01_An Empire in Turmoil

02_A Season Of War

03_her_fathers_daughter

04_the_price_of_war

05_the_rising_wave

06_dark_hands_of_heaven

07_risen_from_the_flames

08_curved_blades

09_Smokeless Fire

10_the_world_a_stage

11_A Most Suitable Teacher

12_in-the-garden-of-lies_part1

13_in-the-garden-of-lies_part2

14_to-the-south_part1

15_to-the-south_part2

16_the-fates-of-flames

17_Better To Be Certain

18_the-fires-of-justice

19_The Stories We Tell

20_Blind-Ambition

21_Service and Sacrifice

22_A_Difference_of_Lanterns

23_Family-Duty

24_Beneath, Below, Beyond

25_Court-Games

26_Flying Chariot, Standing

27_The Bright Flame of the World's Glory

28_Honor, Loyalty, Duty

29_Wildcats and Dragon Teeth

30_Fireflies

31_the-specters-of-war

32_Repentance Does Not Come First

33_Tempests_and_Tides

34_A Crane Takes Flight

35_Gaze_Into_Darkness

36_Kurosunai Village

37_Awakened

38_Outsiders

39_Dreams-of-Shadow

40_Heart of the Garden

41_Snow-And-Sun

42_Between the Lines

43_A Swift End

44_Tiger Stalks His Prey

Thats the order i'm planning on reading everything

if theres anything missing or in the wrong order please point it out

At Exactly what number do I read the book after 21 but before 32 isnt very precise.

thanks

I think it was after 3 1 before 32 that was suggested.

Whoops so it was my mistake

11 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I think it was after 3 1 before 32 that was suggested.

That would be the in timeline chronological intended order yes. As mentioned you can read it after 32 as that was the actual release order but you will find spoilers for the novel in "Repentence Does not Comes First" so depending on your views on those.