PbP: Jedi Quest OOC

By awayputurwpn, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

16 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Lets put the slip and slide on the 1 trooper- Tovera doesnt need a YYYYG dice pool shooting at her while she climbs up.

Sounds good.

8 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

This is why I love maps

well one of the many reasons

Are you volunteering?

4 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

The idea was to not have the starting character bite off more than she can chew

I'm beginning to realize what an insanely difficult campaign concept this is for someone to GM. I mean it's not like directing a Star Wars film under Disney but still.

What happens when all the different level characters are together and get attacked by master level enemies? And how long will one round take when we have 10-12 PCs taking turns against multiple NPCs?

Quite an undertaking.

Edited by Mychal'el
3 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Are you volunteering?

I didn't know that was an option as a player but sure!

I just wouldn't want to go over your head is all

6 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

I didn't know that was an option as a player but sure!

I just wouldn't want to go over your head is all

I would welcome any assistance in that department :)

31 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

What happens when all the different level characters are together and get attacked by master level enemies? And how long will one round take when we have 10-12 PCs taking turns against multiple NPCs?

We'll do a debrief at the end of this as scene to see what kind of improvements we can make.

Just an aside, This episode of the Order 66 Podcast could give us all some good ideas on how to build party dynamics.

8 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Just an aside, This episode of the Order 66 Podcast could give us all some good ideas on how to build party dynamics.

I agree. It's a good listen!

3 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

I would welcome any assistance in that department :)

I'll work on it.

Any recommendations on easy to use map maker programs compatible with Android?

Try http://www.3dvtt.com/

I have only ever used it at home with the kids playing D&D, but I think you could do something Star Wars-like and take screen shots...?

7 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

This is very cool but I'm having trouble getting everything to work properly without it crashing.

Any programs that are simpler? Also Free is important

Edited by Mychal'el
7 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It's almost 3 hours long. Do you have a time stamp for the party dynamics bit?

Edit: Found it, 40 mins in. Really glad it wasn't 2.5 hrs in.

Edited by Mychal'el
11 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

This is very cool but I'm having trouble getting everything to work properly without it crashing.

Any programs that are simpler? Also Free is important

I don't :/ had a couple players use GIMP and Photoshop, and I think I've also seen roll20 and other online products used. I've never personally done any maps for online gaming.

hang-in-there.jpg

Shhhhhh I gotchu, I gotchu

Edited by Mychal'el

Excellently done @Mychal'el . The two are safe on the lower walkway.

In regards to the question of whether you can make a lightsaber attack: generally speaking, when you roll a dice pool of any kind, it is considered an action. (There are notable exceptions, like certain talents or power upgrades that allow you to make such checks without spending an action.)

That being said, the Athletics check was your action, but given the narrative I'd allow the Triumph to cause an automatic base-damage hit on the troopers. So let me know how you'd like to spend your Triumph and the 3 Advantage your get from those Force Points (you succeeded on the check so Advantage would be more... advantageous...).

2 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

So let me know how you'd like to spend your Triumph and the 3 Advantage your get from those Force Points (you succeeded on the check so Advantage would be more... advantageous...).

Well I don't know how high the walkway guardrails are but Star Wars architects don't tend to care too much about safety. I'd say there's a high probability of some enemies slipping off the catwalk.

tumblr_npryxzZnPF1tpri36o1_1280.jpg

Gotcha. You can use the Triumph & all of the Advantage to send two troopers plummeting to their deaths, and give the rest of them a Setback on their next attempt to stay on their feet.

I'll get the next IC post up later tonight. The troopers will be targeting Maa't and Jarash. My nephew was just born so we're going to see him now though :)

8 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Gotcha. You can use the Triumph & all of the Advantage to send two troopers plummeting to their deaths, and give the rest of them a Setback on their next attempt to stay on their feet.

It makes sense narratively, but I just realized that I desperately need to recover strain (only 3 left) and I've been burning through our Destiny too much. I'd also like to drop any force commitments before the encounter ends so I can recover strain. Not sure what to do here guys.

Super Newb

Edited by Mychal'el

Regarding Destiny: I'll be spending Dark Side Destiny to upgrade the next few PC checks. So there's that!

Regarding the 3 Advantage: yeah, you can totally use it to recover strain. 1:1 ratio.

Regarding strain recovery: It's not a gamist thing—drop the Force commit when the encounter ends and you can recover strain. You don't have to "play it safe" and try to guess when the encounter will end, before it ends, or else get stuck not being able to recover strain.

2 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

1:1 ratio.

Wow, strain recovery ain't cheap! I guess I'll recover 3 strain with the advantages and then use the triumph to handicap the enemies mechanically somehow?

Unless the other players have any suggestions??? If I'm allowed to ask.

Edited by Mychal'el

Let's just run with that :) quick decisions is the name of the game.

I'll use your Triumph to damage the minion group, which will take out one minion and reduce their Ability in the dice pool. And go ahead and mark 3 strain recovered on your sheet. Recovering strain with Advantage is rarely a bad idea.

I'll get the NPC post up after my home game session tonight.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:22 PM, awayputurwpn said:

My nephew was just born so we're going to see him now though :)

Belated Congratulations!

On 9/9/2017 at 2:22 PM, awayputurwpn said:

I'll get the next IC post up later tonight. The troopers will be targeting Maa't and Jarash.

@Rakaydos I'll give this one to you but in the future please let me know if you'll be using any defensive abilities that affect that dice pool before it's rolled. If you'd like, you can tell me that you want to use Dodge if your strain is below a certain limit and I'll just treat you as always dodging until you reach that limit. Dodge is a calculated risk to be taken before seeing the results of the dice roll.

Reroll of attack against Jarash : 4eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+3eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-a.png p-a.png p-s-a.png p--.png a-s-a.png c-f-f.png d-th.png s-th.png s--.png s--.png

This is the reroll, so Jarash takes no damage. Everything else is the same in the narrative.

Please continue! There is a group of 5 troopers on the slip-n-slide just north of the crossway, a group of 3 engaged with Maa't at the crossway, and a group of 6 to the south that appear to be tactically retreating at medium range from the engagement & from Jarash.

Use dodge if it wont make me unconcius.