???

1 hour ago, Matt Skywalker said:

12 of 21 strain guys

???

Oh poor you :)

5 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Not a problem.

Unless I get killed

Let me know when it's my turn and I will cut, paste and edit my out-of-order post.

Edited by Mychal'el
On 9/5/2017 at 4:23 AM, Matt Skywalker said:

12 of 21 strain guys

???

Incredible...

Don't make him angry

You won't like him when he's angry

Edited by Mychal'el
10 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

Unless I get killed

Let me know when it's my turn and I will cut, paste and edit my out-of-order post.

You're good! I already took your Sense into account and everything. I was waiting for your confirmation on Parry before I finished the turn and progressed to the next NPC slot.

Also you're already in melee range, so you don't have to suffer the extra 2 strain for the second maneuver. Jsyk.

I like to try not to walk back stuff in the narrative unless it's grossly unfair to the PCs. Mistakes happen. We'll roll with it. It gets too confusing otherwise.

Edited by awayputurwpn
14 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

A warning, though—leaving your Force dice committed between encounters will cost you in a different way. You cannot heal strain in the normal way if you do. Recovering strain at the end of encounters, and also recovering all strain after taking a decent "rest," won't happen for you if you leave your Sense power activated.

I didn't know that, can you cite a book and page?

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

I didn't know that, can you cite a book and page?

I shouldn't have to, but yes, page 282 FaD sidebar.

That is my ruling on keeping Sense perpetually committed. If you're always "on alert" then you're not giving yourself time to rest. It's really a fair trade, sparing yourself the action it costs to activate the power in return for not being able to recover strain.

It was originally suggested by the developers and the gentlebeings on the Order 66 podcast and it's how I've always run it, even before it became a sidebar :)

1 hour ago, awayputurwpn said:

I shouldn't have to, but yes, page 282 FaD sidebar.

That is my ruling on keeping Sense perpetually committed. If you're always "on alert" then you're not giving yourself time to rest. It's really a fair trade, sparing yourself the action it costs to activate the power in return for not being able to recover strain.

It was originally suggested by the developers and the gentlebeings on the Order 66 podcast and it's how I've always run it, even before it became a sidebar :)

I was asking for my own edification (as in wow I didn't know I was playing this wrong, but until recently I was playing eote and aor, just started FaD) , I was not challenging the ruling.

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I was asking for my own edification (as in wow I didn't know I was playing this wrong, but until recently I was playing eote and aor, just started FaD) , I was not challenging the ruling.

Yeah I wouldn't say it's wrong either way; it's just a call to be made, and usually a very situational one.

I hope I didn't come across to harshly in response! Reading it back to myself I sound pretty terse. I just don't want to set a precedent with having to come up with page number for all my rulings ;)

@awayputurwpn

Was I supposed to roll something?

Edited by Mychal'el
11 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

@awayputurwpn

Was I supposed to roll something?

No, you're good. Committing Force dice to the Sense power is an action that requires no roll.

@Rakaydos awesome roll IC! What would you like to do with the Triumph & Advantage?

It should tie into the despair as well... I'm thinking Tovera clips some pipes with her vibroweapons, and both she and the stormtroopers have to deal with some kind of enviromental hazard.

5 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

It should tie into the despair as well... I'm thinking Tovera clips some pipes with her vibroweapons, and both she and the stormtroopers have to deal with some kind of enviromental hazard.

We are below sea level no?

6 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

We are below sea level no?

If you'd like to spend a Destiny Point on it, you can be!

3 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

If you'd like to spend a Destiny Point on it, you can be!

I'm trying to keep us alive so maybe I shouldn't waste a light destiny point on introducing a hazardous environment for us.

Unless I'd be spending a dark destiny point, what did you mean?

If this question sounds dumb, I apologize.

Edited by Mychal'el
1 hour ago, Mychal'el said:

I'm trying to keep us alive so maybe I shouldn't waste a light destiny point on introducing a hazardous environment for us.

Unless I'd be spending a dark destiny point, what did you mean?

If this question sounds dumb, I apologize.

As far as environments go, I should think the long drops are enough of a hazard... (and a far more present danger) ;)

That being said, we haven't specified exactly where (in relation to the waterline) you are. So if you'd like to introduce it as a plot point either way, that's what Destiny Points are for! Alternately you can try to have Mychal'el make a skill check to ascertain such things. but that would be an action on your turn. There's little in the way of visual clues for you, at your present location, to give you an idea of such things.

Is there something that you wanted to do that depends on water level?

EDIT: Never mind, I missed the post from Rakaydos. I understand now :)

Edited by awayputurwpn
5 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Gotcha.

A friendly reminder that shooting into an engagement upgrades your Difficulty once, and a Despair + Success means that you hit your ally instead of your enemy.

I thought I'd mention that since Tovera, Mychal'el, and Maa't are all engaged with enemies right now :)

The only unengaged group of troopers is the pair at the front firing their rifles at Jarash.

7 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

So if you'd like to introduce it as a plot point either way, that's what Destiny Points are for!

Oh I have several plot point ideas! Most aren't ideal for the protagonists though.

But since I'm trying to be a team player (and I'm not GMing) I think I'll reserve our shared Destiny Points for stuff that will help the group survive this with more than just the XP on our backs.

Could I spend Destiny Points to pay for useful/traumatic childhood flashbacks of this place?

Edited by Mychal'el
2 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

I thought I'd mention that since Tovera, Mychal'el, and Maa't are all engaged with enemies right now :)

The only unengaged group of troopers is the pair at the front firing their rifles at Jarash.

Do we need to know where everyone's positions are, or does it not really matter too much? If it's important, a crude map may help me be less confused.

3 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

A friendly reminder that shooting into an engagement upgrades your Difficulty once, and a Despair + Success means that you hit your ally instead of your enemy.

Pretty sure thhose are the ones Tovera enngaged.

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

Pretty sure thhose are the ones Tovera enngaged.

This is why I love maps

well one of the many reasons

Edited by Mychal'el
9 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Pretty sure thhose are the ones Tovera enngaged

Huh...you mentioned pipes, and those are on your left. Like, the pipes you were shooting through, originally. The tanks on the right are forming a solid wall, so not the loose piping that we established at the outset of the scene.

You had also mentioned that they had been moving. The troopers to your left haven't moved since the encounter began.

We can retcon some things if it's crucial, but 5 stormtroopers potentially slipping off the walkway sounds better to me than just 1 :)

Your call!

Edited by awayputurwpn

The idea was to not have the starting character bite off more than she can chew- these stormtroopers are pretty badass, and starting characters like Tovera and chundar are pretty weak.

Also I thought the pipes were overhead.

Lets put the slip and slide on the 1 trooper- Tovera doesnt need a YYYYG dice pool shooting at her while she climbs up.