PbP: Jedi Quest OOC

By awayputurwpn, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Welcome to the new Jedi Quest Play By Post Out of Context thread!

Herein you will find out-of-character chatter, questions related to the game at hand, GM clarifications, and general information that is not quite directly applicable to the current context of the game.

Jedi Quest is an over-the-top, heroic level powerfest. You have been warned ;)

The In Context thread can be found here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/253621-jedi-quest-ic-thread/

The players and character sheets are as follows:

@Rakaydos as Jarash Reynard, Shistavenen Bounty Hunter

@Tramp Graphics as Korath Lorren, Human Jedi Guardian

@Mychal'el as Mychal'el, Human Seeker

@Matt Skywalker as Maa't Skii'wooker, Force-sensitive Nikto Bounty Hunter

@Richardbuxton as HM-6T6, ("Sixty Six"), independent Droid Mechanic (pending completion & approval)

@Princess Peekaboo as ToRuuk, Nautolan Pathfinder (pending completion & approval)

The players are also preparing for their PCs to gain some inexperienced apprentices, and thus have taken to creating starting characters that they can eventually find and train. These characters are currently out of the picture, but will be added to the OP here once they have become part of the ongoing narrative.

The "apprentice" PCs that are part of the current scene are as follows:

Tovera, Selonian Guardian , apprentice to Jarash (needs a character connection to Motivation—why is she following Jarash?)

Chundarr, Wookiee Assassin , apprentice to Maa't (same as Tovera, needs a connection; why is he following Maa't?)

Please abide by the following:

1. No rules arguments. GM decisions are final. Please PM me if you feel you're being treated unfairly by myself or another player, but don't air any grievances on the open forum.
  2. Observe good posting form and dice roll posting in the In Context thread. Check your spelling, use quotation marks and punctuation, and clearly delineate what is In Character and what is Out Of Character (separate the IC & OOC text into different paragraphs and give your OOC comments a different color/italicize them).
  3. Dice rolling will be done via http://orokos.com/roll/ and each roll must include your character's name , details of the roll (for example, "Autofire attack with blaster carbine, 2 maneuvers taken to aim"), and the title of this game (" Jedi Quest "). Post the BBCode of the dice roll when you're done rolling (the link is just below the dice roller) so that we can see the result of the dice In Context.

As an asides, all dice rolling outside of combat will be done only when the GM calls for a skill check and gives you a Difficulty. Please don't roll half your dice pool without asking me and then wait for a Difficulty. Any dice rolls in unstructured time that haven't already been called for by myself are automatically null and void, so please wait for the Difficulty to avoid the disappointment of unusable Triumphs! Proper decorum here is that the player tells the GM what they'd like to attempt in the narrative, and then the GM decides what kind of skill check, if any, is required.

If we are in structured play, I'll make sure to call out any Difficulty modifiers at the outset when we roll initiative. When you're taking a turn in structured play, combat check Difficulties are based on preset values, and various talents will prescribe their own Difficulty, so in any case you shouldn't have to wait for GM approval before taking your action.

Everyone I've just mentioned above, could you please check in here, either by "Liking" this post or just posting a short messages underneath so I know you're alive :)

Edited by awayputurwpn

Also just as clarification, we'll be using the IC thread to post all dice rolls and relevant mechanics related to combat (damage, strain, etc). It's way too time-consuming switching between two threads to try and find information.

So basically unless I call for a skill check to be rolled here OOC, then roll it IC with some narration.

On 8/29/2017 at 1:56 PM, awayputurwpn said:

Welcome to the new Jedi Quest Play By Post Out of Context thread!

Herein you will find out-of-character chatter, questions related to the game at hand, GM clarifications, and general information that is not quite directly applicable to the current context of the game.

Jedi Quest is an over-the-top, heroic level powerfest. You have been warned ;)

The In Context thread can be found here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/253621-jedi-quest-ic-thread/

The players and character sheets are as follows:

@Rakaydos as Jarash Reynard, Shistavenen Bounty Hunter

@Tramp Graphics as Korath Lorren, Human Jedi Guardian

@Mychal'el as Mychal'el, Human Seeker

@Matt Skywalker as Maa't Skii'wooker, Force-sensitive Nikto Bounty Hunter

@Richardbuxton as HM-6T6, ("Sixty Six"), independent Droid Mechanic (pending completion & approval)

@Princess Peekaboo as ToRuuk, Nautolan Pathfinder (pending completion & approval)

The players are also preparing for their PCs to gain some inexperienced apprentices, and thus have taken to creating starting characters that they can eventually find and train. These characters are currently out of the picture, but will be added to the OP here once they have become part of the ongoing narrative.

The "apprentice" PCs that are part of the current scene are as follows:

Tovera, Selonian Guardian , apprentice to Jarash (needs a character connection to Motivation—why is she following Jarash?)

Chundarr, Wookiee Assassin , apprentice to Maa't (same as Tovera, needs a connection; why is he following Maa't?)

Don't forget, while the my starting level character, Rei Atin , isn't on Kamino, the character has made an "appearance" in the game, building a suit of armor.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Holy long post quote, Batman! (just FYI, if you highlight a portion of text in a post, a little box should pop up close to the highlighted text saying "Quote This," which is a really quick way of quoting a certain portion of text. Makes it easier for those of us scrolling down on a smartphone!)

But yes, we'll treat the prior appearances of the characters outside of this scene (Rei and Koda) as opening scene introductions/story foreshadowing, and leave it at that for now. With 5-6 players and each player having 2 PCs, things can get ridiculous switching back and forth between scenes willy-nilly :) I'm all about splitting the party, but there's a limit ;)

We'll deal with one scene at a time for now , and then branch out as we get more comfortable, and especially as we go towards tracking down your future padawans.

@Tramp Graphics also you'll need a critical injury applied to Korath's character sheet, due to exceeding your wound threshold. Please make note of the following!

Critical Injury - Korath : 1d100 20 = Easy critical injury (no ongoing effect).

4 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

@Tramp Graphics also you'll need a critical injury applied to Korath's character sheet, due to exceeding your wound threshold. Please make note of the following!

Critical Injury - Korath : 1d100 20 = Easy critical injury (no ongoing effect).

Done. How soon until I wake up?

Edited by Tramp Graphics
4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Done. How soon until I wake up?

Once we get underway, we'll resolve the current scene, and then you'll regain consciousness.

Also, could everyone please roll up a new Destiny Pool. 1eF.

You can post your results here, before we resume narration.

14 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

Also, could everyone please roll up a new Destiny Pool. 1eF.

You can post your results here, before we resume narration.

Destiny Pool :

1eF : 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Add an additional one LSP to the pool for Light Side paragon status.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

: 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

Yes!!!!

Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side

f-ds.png

Plot! Yes!!!!

Edited by Mychal'el

I rolled on the dice site, and added it to the pool there.

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I rolled on the dice site, and added it to the pool there.

No problem. Thanks!

17 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

just FYI, if you highlight a portion of text in a post, a little box should pop up close to the highlighted text saying "Quote This," which is a really quick way of quoting a certain portion of text. Makes it easier for those of us scrolling down on a smartphone!

@Tramp Graphics ,

Translation: "As a courtesy, please edit your quote and future quotes for length."

With all due respect

Edited by Mychal'el
4 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

Translation: "As a courtesy, please edit your quote and future quotes for length."

That is what I was getting at...for the sake of others reading one's posts, it's generally considered good form to quote only the most pertinent bits of another post.

Cuts down on clutter, makes your own posts more readable... It's good for everyone :)

Well, looks like everyone except for @Princess Peekaboo has rolled Destiny. What's next?

The Destiny Pool is set at 6 light, 2 dark.

I'll get our IC post up in a few hours.

3 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

I'll get our IC post up in a few hours.

Can we change dialogue to a different color than orange? Light colors on a white background hurt my eyes

Edited by Mychal'el
2 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

Can we change dialogue to a different color than orange? Light colors on a white background hurt my eyes

Sure thing thing. Green?

2 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Sure thing thing. Green?

TESTING

Great! Thanks!

Edited by Mychal'el

We're live, go here:

On 7/17/2017 at 3:06 AM, Mychal'el said:

He looked down at the vast dark room filled with massive glowing columns of energy, surrounded by multiple levels of platforms and walkways.

I was imagining a large Dual of the Fates style room but much darker.

41 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

Ahead of him, he saw a figure in Mandalorian armor, standing in the middle of the hallway. He was readying himself for action.

Should I edit my narrative so it's a closed hallway instead of an suspended walkway/platform?

Edited by Mychal'el

Yeah. It's not open though, so it's kinda like...a hallway, but with very long drops between the walkway and the "walls" :) And there are arches that form a "ceiling," inlaid glowpanels.

The reactor room beneath Theed is a decent comparison, but it has a more closed-in feel.

The walls themselves are columns or tanks that are as tall as the large room.

I'll set the rest of the scene ASAP, and post the initiative order.

Love the direction this is going so far (Despair aside!).

I send a PM to @Mychal'el but then thought there's no reason to not share the info. So here's a cross-post of my message to him, for posterity!

--

As to the roll, all you need to do is spend a DP and suffer 2 strain to use those black pips. Otherwise the only thing you'll be moving is something silhouette 0 :)

(Of course if you wanted to do that to one of their shields or weapons or something instead, you could do that)

Go ahead and edit your posts (either that you're spending a DP, or change the narrative on your earlier post) and message me or respond here when you're done! I'll respond with the Threat & Despair at that point.