PbP: Jedi Quest OOC

By awayputurwpn, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

36 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Quick question then. What kind of handholds are in the turbolift shaft? I remembered last night after I got off line that Wookiee are. Arborial . He could just climb down the shaft.

He can definitely try!

There's two ways he could do it:

1. Simply climbing down would take an extra round, since we're talking about extreme range, but presents very little danger.

2. You could try and do series of a "controlled" falls, but for Chundarr that would be an Impossible (2eC+3eD, plus one Destiny Point) Athletics or Coordination check to get to the bottom in one round.

20 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

He can definitely try!

There's two ways he could do it:

1. Simply climbing down would take an extra round, since we're talking about extreme range, but presents very little danger.

2. You could try and do series of a "controlled" falls, but for Chundarr that would be an Impossible (2eC+3eD, plus one Destiny Point) Athletics or Coordination check to get to the bottom in one round.

So taking the lift would be faster than climbing down?

41 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

So taking the lift would be faster than climbing down?

Most likely. It's fastest safe way down :)

2 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

Most likely. It's fastest safe way down :)

OK. But what would be the "Wookiee" way down?

25 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

OK. But what would be the "Wookiee" way down?

The alternative he gave you was

1 hour ago, awayputurwpn said:

Which will very likely kill the character

9 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The alternative he gave you was

Which will very likely kill the character

I wasn't planning on "controlled falls". Just whether a Wookiee would rather climb down vs ride a lift.

13 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

You're free to post wherever you like from your perspective! I'd suggest you put such things here and keep the narrative IC focused on what's observable, but only if that doesn't cramp your style.

So no more internal monologues or soliloquy in the IC thread, no problem.

Should I go back and delete my internal monologues or put them in quote boxes so they can be minimized?

3 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

So no more internal monologues or soliloquy in the IC thread, no problem.

Should I go back and delete my internal monologues or put them in quote boxes so they can be minimized?

Lol don't worry about all that. Just make sure that your posts going forward contain stuff that the other players can react off of.

4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I wasn't planning on "controlled falls". Just whether a Wookiee would rather climb down vs ride a lift.

Your call dude!

@Rakaydos please roll a single Challenge die (1eC) to replace the two people difficulty dice in your dice pool and update the result.

That was apparently enough to turn a miss into a hit, thanks.

I'll go next

Unless NPCs go next

Hold up there guys. The order was PC, NPC, PC, NPC...

Jarash took the first turn, so Mychal'el's post is out of order. I'll need to take two NPC turns before Maa't can go.

Also Mychal'el, you'll need to choose one action. Committing dice to the Sense power is one such action. Please reread the message I sent; I outlined a possible 2-turn scenario for you which included activating the Sense ongoing effect on one turn, and then attacking the next.

I'll repost the initiative order and show you when Maa't can go.

I'll have time in a few hours. Stand by!

One of the stormtrooper groups will be attacking Maa't. @Matt Skywalker will you be using the Dodge talent?

14 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

3 advantage to upgrade the next combat check against the stormtroopers, 1 advantage to crit, and 12 ranged damage to stormtroopers

I'll narrate this during the stormtroopers turn, btw. Thanks for doing the calculations! The crit will kill one of the troopers outright (being a minion group).

On 9/3/2017 at 7:38 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Sure thing. I was thinking the first crit with improved precision strike was still good because it gives him an extra attack, between the 2 attacks the higher damage in addition to extra crit is a better choice, and you're right that a crit would take out a minion and that'd be a more effective use of a second crit in this case

For clarification: the critical rules are abstracted for minions. One crit = one dead minion. It's supposed to be simple. No rolling, no rerolling, no choosing certain crits, and no ranks in Vicious or Lethal Blows or Durable apply. The Precision Strike talents are good against the big bad guys, like rivals and nemeses.

A good strategy could be to use two-weapon fighting with your fists (just increase the Difficulty +1) and try to get enough Advantage to trigger the extra hit and two critical injuries. Now you're dropping minions like flies!

At any rate, I'll be at the computer later today and will be able to roll up an action then. If anyone has the Dodge talent, lemme know ASAP if you're planning to use it if you get attacked.

Dodge for me

Only got 1 rank

18 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Your call dude!

OK, I'll start climbing, unless Tovera intervenes. The way I figure it, Chundarr would have immediately followed Maa't and Jarash down, even if it meant climbing, rather than wait for a lift to come up.

Sure thing.

Tovera would not follow but would rather take the adjoining lift, unless you feel differently @Rakaydos . So the narrative about Chundarr can be about Tovera instead.

@Tramp Graphics please narrate retroactively for Chundarr in the IC thread.

Edited by awayputurwpn
1 hour ago, awayputurwpn said:

Sure thing.

Tovera would not follow but would rather take the adjoining lift, unless you feel differently @Rakaydos . So the narrative about Chundarr can be about Tovera instead.

@Tramp Graphics please narrate retroactively for Chundarr in the IC thread.

The Shistivastan bounty hunter nodded in thought, ignoring the human bleeding out behind his protoge. "Something to keep in mind. Lets go, elevators are only slow if you're the one in them." he led the way over the the air vent, slid into the main drop shaft, and lit his jetpack. Tovera followed, and the two of them rode down to the lower levels on a pillar of flame.

Jarash carried Tovera down already.

14 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Hold up there guys. The order was PC, NPC, PC, NPC...

Jarash took the first turn, so Mychal'el's post is out of order. I'll need to take two NPC turns before Maa't can go.

Also Mychal'el, you'll need to choose one action. Committing dice to the Sense power is one such action. Please reread the message I sent; I outlined a possible 2-turn scenario for you which included activating the Sense ongoing effect on one turn, and then attacking the next.

So sorry, I got confused. I'll fix tonight

I thought I was going first

Edited by Mychal'el
2 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

My advice was to leave it perpetually committed, it takes an action to commit but nothing to leave committed (other than it puts one of your force dice on the proverbial shelf). That said, taking the action to commit a force die is not a bad thing. It gives you fairly decent chance to activate improved parry. I think you could spend your maneuver to take a guarded stance that would help with that strategy.

I'll get a post up later tonight, sorry my home project took way longer than I expected! Just cleaning up now.

7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

My advice was to leave it perpetually committed, it takes an action to commit but nothing to leave committed (other than it puts one of your force dice on the proverbial shelf).

A warning, though—leaving your Force dice committed between encounters will cost you in a different way. You cannot heal strain in the normal way if you do. Recovering strain at the end of encounters, and also recovering all strain after taking a decent "rest," won't happen for you if you leave your Sense power activated.

12 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Jarash carried Tovera down already.

Ah, quite so! I missed that.

Okay...go ahead and roll for her initiative then, and give her a free action at the end of this round, if you like.

7 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

I thought I was going first

Not a problem. You went first last round, but with the dynamic initiative system, the order can (and should!) change from round to round.