By killerbeardhawk, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

On 9/5/2017 at 9:49 PM, killerbeardhawk said:

KFF 4s 3a

Edge 3s 2a

Wolfman 3s

NPC 2s 2a

Asa 1s 2a

Reesh 0s 3a

Normally I use slots as "normal" but with a split party, it doesn't make sense.

With 3 of the players in the main room, I'll change this next round to be as normal, PC slots and NPCs. Anyone can use a PCs slot, should keep the game moving easier.

PC

PC

PC

NPC

PC

PC

[PC(@RickAllison)]

Where are we in the current round roster? We're at the NPC slot yes?

46 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Where are we in the current round roster? We're at the NPC slot yes?

We are at the first slot, originally it would have gone back to you and Edgehawk. You (or anyone) can use any of the first three PC slots.

Edited by killerbeardhawk
14 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

We are at the first slot, originally it would have gone back to you and Rabo banker. You (or anyone) can use any of the first three PC slots.

Huh, weird, I totally missed those last 3 actions somehow. Well, I definitely don't want to go first, as I'm still imprisoned so it's a waste of a good early slot. So anyone else feel free to start us off.

And just as a side note, my main idea for Kilimar is sort of a party buffer. Right now, that translates to improving the party's chances of acting first, as his talents and stuff focus mostly on Vigilance and altering the Initiative roster. He doesn't really have a lot of direct ability, simply due to starting XP restrictions, but he can at least help insure some of the party can react first, or quickly to encounters.

Edited by KungFuFerret

As I had Reesh making a dash to free Kilimar, if I go first it could get him stuck into the action?

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

As I had Reesh making a dash to free Kilimar, if I go first it could get him stuck into the action?

What do you mean by stuck into the action?

Out of his cell more than anything :P

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

Out of his cell more than anything :P

Well I mean, i fyou go first, you can do whatever you want, including changing direction and doing something else. You aren't "stuck" doing anything until you say you are doing it, or the GM says "this is a side effect of circumstances" Don't feel obligated to release Kilimar just because you implied that last round. Do what you want or what makes sense. I'm certainly not going to complain if you do :D , but removing the threat, and then releasing Kilimar post-combat is fine too.

11 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Yes, a maneuver to open door by pressing it's button is all you need. You can even take a second maneuver to reengage to attack once more.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:05 AM, killerbeardhawk said:

Update on round:

PC-- Edgehawk

PC - Rabobanker

PC -- currently here

NPC

PC

PC

[PC(@RickAllison)]

On it.

Sorry I couldn't get there before and open the door, before you took your turn @Edgehawk ! But you're free now.

I'm not much good in a fight, but thanks!!

Well if nothing else, it'll make that Force power a little easier to get working ;)

So anyone who still hasn't gone yet planning on attacking the guard? If so, speak up and I'll go ahead to assist and give you a boost die. Kilimar isn't good at combat, so the better scenario IMO would be to just boost someone more martially inclined.

54 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

So anyone who still hasn't gone yet planning on attacking the guard? If so, speak up and I'll go ahead to assist and give you a boost die. Kilimar isn't good at combat, so the better scenario IMO would be to just boost someone more martially inclined.

That would be @Rakaydos , our resident Wolfman Martial Artist. Assist maneuver is hard to do here because he will need to move to engage, my recommendation would be to engage McTanen then do the "assist maneuver" on the enemy. Something like jumping on his back or pulling at his clothes.

indeed

1 minute ago, killerbeardhawk said:

That would be @Rakaydos , our resident Wolfman Martial Artist. Assist maneuver is hard to do here because he will need to move to engage, my recommendation would be to engage McTanen then do the "assist maneuver" on the enemy. Something like jumping on his back or pulling at his clothes.

Yes, that was my plan, however if nobody was going to actually attack him this round, it would be pointless, hence why I asked if anyone that still hasn't gone yet was planning on attacking.

Ok so if Rakaydos is planning on attacking I'll type up Kilimar doing his assist action for the boost. It'll be up in a few minutes.

Assist is a maneuver, not an action.

With that attack the guard has exceeded his wound threshold!

I'll post a bit about what happens to him plus describe what Reesh is seeing inside the watch room at the top of the stairs. I have some special planned as well for Kilimar.

In the mean time feel free to roll to recover strain and spend your 5xp for this encounter!

Strain recovery (Discipline) : 1eP+1eA 3 successes
p-s-s.png a-s.png

3 strain recovered, and I'll use the 5 XP to purchase the Jump Up talent.

DescriptionStrain Recovery (Discipline)Results 1eA+2eP : 4 successes, 2 advantage [1eA=S/A] [2eP=S/A, S/S]
a-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png

(I'll recover the 2 Strain from the 2 threat on my Resilience roll).

I'll spend the 5xp on Grit.

Kilimar has no strain to recover, and I'm going to hang onto that xp for now.

discipline : 1eP 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png

Back down to 3 stress. Save XP for now.