Force Fugitives OOC

By killerbeardhawk, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

14 hours ago, KungFuFerret said:

You want me to maybe do a little IC post about how he's sensing the bleep is about to hit the fan? Thus alerting Asa and by proxy rakaydos?

Yes, doesn't need to be much just a bit about yelling over to them before your actual turn.

I was hoping Rick would see my messages last night but he has not responded. We will continue then soon, I'll post the guard starting combat, and finally give the guy a name!

6 hours ago, killerbeardhawk said:

Yes, doesn't need to be much just a bit about yelling over to them before your actual turn.

I was hoping Rick would see my messages last night but he has not responded. We will continue then soon, I'll post the guard starting combat, and finally give the guy a name!

Already posted my bit last night. It's the bit with him talking about watching possible futures falling away, and only having one left, focused on the Imperial guard.

Just to be clear... @KungFuFerret You were setting up @awayputurwpn Asa's free maneuver, and then still need to take your turn following (and then it will be my go)? Since we're entering structured time, I want to ensure people aren't waiting on me to post. I don't mind waiting- just don't want it to be on me, unnecessarily.

Yes, my last post was simply to reflect the precognition thing that Kilimar has, I was still waiting on the GM to actually set the situation more fully, before taking an action

So are we waiting on me? I was under the impression we were going to get a bit more description of the scene from the GM, before I technically went as first slot. Also, I kind of assumed that after describing my precognition thing, and since I gave it to someone else, there would be more description from those parties to reflect this free maneuver?

I mean, if we're waiting on me, fine I'll post something up and we can get rolling, literally, I just thought it was someone else's thing right now.

Agreed, thought it was the GM's turn.

1 hour ago, KungFuFerret said:

Also, I kind of assumed that after describing my precognition thing, and since I gave it to someone else, there would be more description from those parties to reflect this free maneuver?

I kind of did this already, earlier in IC, intending to Skilled-assist the Shistavenen, but then we rolled initiative. I left it anyway, and I thought that what I'd written there ended up being appropriate to what you'd eventually given by way of Triumph :)

On 8/29/2017 at 5:06 PM, awayputurwpn said:

Asa took the leg up and easily reached the vent. He scrambled inside, and reached down to pull the others up.

"Quickly now," he said quietly. "No telling how long that guard will be distracted."

2 hours ago, KungFuFerret said:

So are we waiting on me? I was under the impression we were going to get a bit more description of the scene from the GM, before I technically went as first slot. Also, I kind of assumed that after describing my precognition thing, and since I gave it to someone else, there would be more description from those parties to reflect this free maneuver?

I mean, if we're waiting on me, fine I'll post something up and we can get rolling, literally, I just thought it was someone else's thing right now.

Strange, I tried to post yesterday and I guess it never went through. Unfortunately @RickAllison hasn't posted so we were moving on. He will have until the group moves from this holding cell block.

I'll rewrite it after work. Then the "order" should go Ferret, Edge, and Wolfman.

Clarification please. The force field that was dropped. Was that for the single cell he was approaching, or all of them at once?

I'm not sure exactly what the combat order is, GM, so let me know when I'm eligible to go. I don't want to hold things up.

7 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Clarification please. The force field that was dropped. Was that for the single cell he was approaching, or all of them at once?

Just Asa cell.

3 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

I'm not sure exactly what the combat order is, GM, so let me know when I'm eligible to go. I don't want to hold things up.

KFF 4s 3a

Edge 3s 2a

Wolfman 3s

NPC 2s 2a

Asa 1s 2a

Reesh 0s 3a

Normally I use slots as "normal" but with a split party, it doesn't make sense.

Edited by killerbeardhawk
Just now, killerbeardhawk said:

Just Asa cell.

Who else was with Asa in the cell? Just checking in case it's my cell that got opened, or if I'm still confined

4 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Who else was with Asa in the cell? Just checking in case it's my cell that got opened, or if I'm still confined

That would be Wolfman, Reesh and Asa. Unfortunately you and Edgehawks characters are still confined for now.

If you are looking for a good action to take for your turn I would suggest: another attempt to get out of cell, a social check or force power.

Yes I have an idea of what I will do, just wanted to see if "rush the guard and leg it out of the area" was also an option :P

I guess I'll try another check to disable the barrier. What difficulty?

5 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Yes I have an idea of what I will do, just wanted to see if "rush the guard and leg it out of the area" was also an option :P

I guess I'll try another check to disable the barrier. What difficulty?

1eC+2eD+1eB

I'll give you a boost for seeing how it is normally shut off.

Pulling an Andy Dufresne : 1eC+2eD+1eB+2eA+1eP 3 failures, 1 threat
c-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png b-a.png a--.png a-s.png p--.png

I flipped a Destiny Point to give me an edge, sadly that didn't help at all. IC post incoming.

So I'm done, next person is up.

Edited by KungFuFerret

Valem was going to "Mind Trick" the Lt, but had insufficient pips to reach and effect him. Failure was somewhat likely, so I rolled the force die first (no real need to bother with the opposed Discipline check, I imagine). I will narrate it shortly.

Description Influence Lt McTanen (Range+Control)
Results 1eF : 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

Just because I don't recall it being established, who else is in the cell with Kilimar anyway?

We are in individual cells. Valem (my Pau-an) and the Chandra-fan (player MIA) are also on your side of the chamber, presumably connected in the same manner as the cells on the other side.

@Rakaydos don't forget that Asa has taken the Assist maneuver to help you.

I forgot my laptop charger, so I may not make an IC post today.

Edit: had time at a public computer while listening to a homework assignment in the lab.

Edited by Rakaydos

@awayputurwpn 1 maneuver, the whole area is fairly small and is considered short range.

@Rabobankrider that means you get a boost from that advantage if your going to join in on the brawl. As an alternative it's only two maneuvers to open one of the closed cells (the button press counts as the second).

Edited by killerbeardhawk

I just realized I forgot the advantage dice, should I reroll or can it be passed onto the next person?

31 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I just realized I forgot the advantage dice, should I reroll or can it be passed onto the next person?

Usually we just roll the missing dice and add it to the current result.

34 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

You can roll one. Success is more damage and advantage could push the guard into the button instead of moving there.