Sorry About The Mess: Arena B

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

So, it's @SavageBob with PNG0-LIN vs. @awayputurwpn with Grrwalryyhl in Round 2 for this arena.

It seems it's OK for us combatants to do the d100 rolls to get things rolling, so here goes:

Scenario Roll: Arena B : 1d25 24

(Darkened Alley)

Arena B: Range : 1d100 49

(Medium)

Arena B: Initiative Skill : 1d100 17

(Cool)

Do we have a GM for this arena yet? Should we reroll the location so as not to duplicate another arena?

Edited by SavageBob

No GM yet but we had the same situation in the last round with B and C (and there awayputurweapon decided to reroll), so yes reroll the location for something else than dark Alley, Volcanic Canyon or Hangar.

OK, sounds good!

Arena B: Scenario Reroll : 1d100 10

(Welcome to the Jungle!)

3 hours ago, SavageBob said:

OK, sounds good!

Arena B: Scenario Reroll : 1d100 10

(Welcome to the Jungle!)

Mah hood!

7 hours ago, Nightone said:

No GM yet but we had the same situation in the last round with B and C (and there awayputurweapon decided to reroll), so yes reroll the location for something else than dark Alley, Volcanic Canyon or Hangar.

Personally I'm okay with either way. I just didn't want duplicate arenas in the same heat.

But yeah the reroll is fine with me. I'm down for diversification.

Edit: I misunderstood. I am in full support of everything you guys said :)

Edited by awayputurwpn
4 hours ago, SavageBob said:

Arena B: Initiative Skill : 1d100 17

(Cool)

I shall take solace in my moderately better Presence, lol. It would seem neither of us were built for an ambush...

Do I choose the heads or tails for the DP roll, or do you, @SavageBob ? I'll call heads if so (1-50).

Edited by awayputurwpn
56 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

I shall take solace in my moderately better Presence, lol. It would seem neither of us were built for an ambush...

Do I choose the heads or tails for the DP roll, or do you, @SavageBob ? I'll call heads if so (1-50).

That works for me. Rolling...

Arena B: Cred Toss : 1d100 66

So I'll pick light side.

Rolling now for Destiny:

Arena B: Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Uh-oh.

Also: Do any wounds or critical injuries roll over to the next round? Or do we assume we've all gotten proper medical treatment or repairs?

Its all wiped clean, all items restocked etc.

3 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Also: Do any wounds or critical injuries roll over to the next round? Or do we assume we've all gotten proper medical treatment or repairs?

Just now, SithArissa said:

Its all wiped clean, all items restocked etc.

Yup. Everything resets to zero. Equipment, strain, wounds, crits, etc.

And this...

Destiny Point Generation : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

****! That's the second battle in a row that the DPs favor me.

Initiative (Cool) : 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png

Here's my initiative roll.

@SavageBob if you end up going before me, and you're attacking me with a glop grenade or the thermal detonator, I'd like to flip a DP to upgrade that combat check ;)

OK, Jungle it is.

Image result for jungle picture

Found throughout the galaxy on various planets, jungles consist of thickly grown vegetation, generally in a humid, tropical type of
environment. While they can be beautiful, they can also hide great dangers. Furthermore, a jungle is closed terrain that hampers
movement and ranged combat.

General Properties
1. Dice pools for all ranged combat include <Setback> per range band beyond engaged.
2. Maneuvers to move induce 1 strain per maneuver performed. This is in addition to any other strain that may be incurred in a
maneuver.

I'll leave it up to you two if you want to decide of a specific planet.

Crash-landed on the planet Ithor? Gotta get our business down and get out before we are found and arrested by the Ithorians for desecrating their Mother Jungle?

I love the idea of Ithor! Let's run with it. Would authorities showing up be an appropriate use of Despair?

Initiative (Cool) : 1eP+1eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s.png

Thank the Maker for small miracles. :)

I'm still fighting with Internet access, so let me think about what my opening move will be. Probably the glop or the TD, though, so you'll probably get to flip that DP. If you do so, does that let me flip it back on the attack?

Edited by SavageBob
1 minute ago, SavageBob said:

If you do so, does that let me flip it back on the attack?

No, the actual conversion of dark to light happens at the end of the action for which it was used.

7 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

I love the idea of Ithor! Let's run with it. Would authorities showing up be an appropriate use of Despair?

NPCs and beasts and such have been generally taken out of the arenas, just to make things more simple I think.

But what do you think the effect of authorities showing up would be?

15 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

NPCs and beasts and such have been generally taken out of the arenas, just to make things more simple I think.

But what do you think the effect of authorities showing up would be?

Basically to be an irritating NPC, so if that's the case, let's leave them out. There may yet be a way to incorporate that element beyond the implied time limit. Maybe this is a section of jungle where the Ithorians are actively collecting specimens, so there are non-lethal traps lying about, like snares, cushioned-fall pit traps, and the like.

Edited by SavageBob

PNG0-LIN found the sounds of Ithor's jungles odd. The chirping, croaking, howling, and other animal noises weren't exactly common back on Sullust, let alone Nar Shaddaa, where the little droid had been just days before. Guapa the Hutt had been pleased that the demolitionmech had won his first match, but the next battle came all too soon, pitting the droid against a savage Wookiee brawler named Grrwalryyl on an Ithorian herdship—all part of the entertainment for the guests on board.

But then the ship had come under attack by pirates, and the captain had ordered it evacuated. Pango had gotten out on an escape pod, crash landing on Ithor's surface. Had his opponent gotten out, too? The droid stopped to listen. Sure enough, his auditory sensors detected something not too far off in the trees: The sounds of an escape pod opening and a Wookiee muttering to himself in Shyriwook. Grrwalryyl wasn't far at all.

Pango readied a grenade to hurl at the opponent. The foliage was so thick it obscured the droid's line of sight, so he thought about edging a bit closer...

Spending one maneuver to draw the thermal detonator. I can either throw it from Medium range and use True Aim, which would be Green + 4 Yellow + 1 Blue + Red +1 Purple +2 Black, I think, due to the destiny flip. Alternatively, if I move to Short range, I won't have enough maneuvers left to use True Aim, but I'll lose the Purple and 1 Black. I do have Natural Marksman to reroll if necessary, so let's stick with medium for now...

Thermal Detonator (Ranged Light) : 4eA+1eP+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 failure, 5 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png p-a-a.png b-a-a.png c-f.png d-f-f.png s--.png s-th.png

Sorry, mistyped the dice code! Let's try that again...

Thermal Detonator (Ranged Light) : 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 2 failures, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png c-f-f.png d-f-th.png s-th.png s-f.png

Using Natural Marksman to reroll...

Thermal Detonator (Ranged Light) : 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 5 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-a.png p--.png a-s.png b-s-a.png c-th.png d-th.png s--.png s-th.png

Huzzah! That's 25 damage, with Breach 1. Is that enough to put the Wookiee down? And what should that Threat be? Once that's established, I'll figure out something for the Triumph.

Edited by SavageBob

You missed 2 more setbacks. Not that it would make much of a difference...

Edited by awayputurwpn

And yeah I can't do anything with 25 Damage with breach 1.

Gotta say I was really looking forward to this fight :(

ouch... that was quick... hate those TDs

There are very few characters who can withstand that.

Think those babys should be banned in the next seasson (or everyone gets Corotsis for free ^^)

2 hours ago, Nightone said:

Think those babys should be banned in the next seasson (or everyone gets Corotsis for free ^^)

Even with Cortosis it takes a lot of effort to survive one. Base damage of twenty is crazy, especially when you don't need to activate blast and are therefore safe yourself. Definitely worth having if the opponent is in a vehicle though ;)