Sorry About The Mess: Arena B

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

An arena for the PvP contest

ROUND 1 MATCH B

Setting check = 12

The research lab.

The starting range = 68 = Long Range, since this is a very big Lab this is the maximum range possible in this scenario, both contrahents start at the walls (each has an entrance which closes behind you, while the )

The initative will be rolled via = 65 = Vigilance

@awayputurwpn with Grrwalryyhl please choose the Range for the DP roll
@SithArissa with Arissa please roll the d100 once after awayputurwpn has choosen the range.

The winner decides on who uses light and who dark DP.
after this roll the Force die to set the pool and make your initative check at the same time.

Scenario Description:

A large room with lab benches, instrumentation, and chemicals, this particular Lab is part of an old imperial complex on an dying world. Large glas tubes filled with fluids in different colors and strange moving plants are building an allee of curiosity while the workingbenches and computerterminals fill a lot of the free space of the ground
At the Moment you went into the room from different direction the old station goes to lock-down-mode and the heavy blast doors close immidieatly you both are totally suprised as you hear a computervoice "EMERGENCY! SELF DESTRUCTION ACTIVATED! T-30 MINUTES, TEAM RESCUE PODS LEFT: 0, SINGLE PERSON RESCUE POD LEFT: 1"
You are also suprised to see each other on the opposite side of the room, you both know there is only one way get sure to save your hide: Kill the other one!!

Sweet action! I'll call 1-50 on the d100 "coin toss."

The roll is a 97 I'll be Dark naturally :D

Destiny Roll 2 Light Side......

Initiative 2 Success 4 Advantage

Filthy Ligthsider.

I love the stressful situation scenario. Can I say that Grrwalryyhl has come here hunting this particular bounty, not knowing the extent of her powers, and there's been a chase that has lead them to this room, where Arissa had thought she'd lost the Wookiee, while he in turn thought that she'd eluded him, when suddenly they spot each other across the room...?

Also, should I assume we both have weapons drawn for this conflict? It would matter for maneuvers and also for Arissa's defenses.

Don't think there was an official ruling but I'm fine with it if you are. I assume I'm gonna get one-shot from your repeater either way :rolleyes:

I'll pay 3 to reflect but you can easily trigger auto fire here and I'm dead as suspected.

Arissa raises her saber but the hail of blaster bolts still strikes true. She drops to one knee holding her chest burn marks spotting her armour.

Edited by SithArissa
1 minute ago, SithArissa said:

I'll pay 3 to reflect but you can easily trigger auto fire here and I'm dead as suspected.

I can't, as I didn't increase the Difficulty to autofire. But I'll use 3 Advantage to disarm you and 1 more to give myself a Boost die to my next check.

That shot should have been a kill! But it was reflected by the lightsaber. Grrwalryyhl had seen a Jedi in action before, reflecting blaster bolts back at combat droids. He didn't understand those kind of reflexes, but he wasn't sure if he should keep up with a blaster assault. The shaggy bounty hunter knelt down behind cover, assessing his options.

Arissa was winded and needed to regroup. She knew from previous encounters that it was easy to confuse the beast. All she needed to do was appeal to its foolish Wookie sense of honour to gain time.

I'd like to do an opposed either charm check or negotiation check. If successful Grrwalryyhl agrees to an honourable melee duel, Allowing Arissa to reequip and use a stim pack to be at her best ability able. That'll be my charm/negotiation vs your cool/negotiation?

Dunno if you think that's cheap but it in character, I'll do something else if you want. @awayputurwpn

Huh, I was thinking you'd use your Resist Disarm talent!

I'm comfortable just roleplaying it out for now. Grrwalryyhl is currently assessing his options anyway, so we could do a bit of banter before you make any skill checks. Does Arissa understand Wookieespeak?

I didn't forget I had that. No way man....

I don't think she would (in her mind) lower herself to learn Wookie.

'Ah. Grrwalryyhl. After me still? I thought I had lost you on Taris. Those worms give a nasty bite I'm told. Consider me surprised and disappointed at your no doubt heroic conflict.' Arissa stands trying to look less wounded than she actually is. Feeding her anger with the pain while appearing outwardly clam. A smile slips onto her face, one she would consider warm but would look almost predatory to anyone but the Wookie standing at the other side of the room.

The Wookiee growled something back at Arissa, to the effect that she had nowhere else to run. He didn't know about much of his intent she was receiving. He checked the power levels on his rifle, and once again peered at the dark Jedi through his scope. She appeared to be minimally injured, and was missing her lightsaber. He yawled again, telling her that he could take her alive if she wished.

Arissa sighed while the Wookie roared and gurgled in her direction. Putting a hand to her forehead she grimaced and looked down to her saber on the floor. Without turning her head she then eyed the walking fur pile. He still had the blaster pointed at her. The next shot would be the last she could take. 'So, exactly how much is the bounty on me? Is it more for dead than alive? And please don't growl at me in that mockery of language. How about you just drop that blaster and use your fingers? You can count can't you?' Keeping the Wookie focused on credits and not firing was working it seemed.

Edited by SithArissa

Grrwalrhyyl executed eight rapid-fire blasts into the ceiling, and grinned back at his quarry.

'Well as much as that. You will be well off for capturing this dangerous individual you will be bringing in.' Arissa takes a tentative step towards her saber. Slowly edging towards her salvation she embraces the force enhanching her reflexes past those of normal galactic scum.

I'll commit my Force to Sense attacks against me are now upgraded twice.

Edited by SithArissa

Nice. Is that your turn?

I guess so yeah. Your move.

Through his scope, Grrwalryyhl saw the Jedi inching towards her lightsaber.

He kept his weapon trained on her and growled a final warning, <Don't even think about it, Jeedai .>

I'll take two maneuvers to aim. This Wookiee plays for keeps. And it's your turn.

Then I'll try negotiation check? Success means I Get my saber back and use a stim as 2 maneuvers. I'll RP it if you agree.

A successful Negotiation should just give you your saber back, no maneuver required, IMO.

1 Success 1 Advantage

' Grrwalryyhl is this how you want it to end? Is this your glorious victory over your prey? From behind a blaster against an unarmed opponent like a coward? Fight me like a Wookie not some Trandoshan savage. Give me the satisfaction of cutting you down up close and personal'

So I'll reequip my Shoto and pop a stim brings me to 10 wounds from 5.